Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Default We're Looking For Comic Creators

8th WONDER PRESS IS LOOKING FOR COMIC CREATORS!

8th Wonder Press is kicking off their publishing efforts with an all-new sequential art anthology! We are now accepting submissions for a collection to be released in May 2013 for the summer convention season!
    The Guidelines

We’d like to see short, black and white comic stories of any style or genre. Our submission/editorial process will be as straight-forward and hands-off as possible. We want to let your voice come through unfiltered, but in order to draw a broad audience, please keep your work as all-ages friendly as you can. (That is, your zombie story is welcome, but the full-frontal zombie sex decapitations are probably going to be a bit much.)

Step 1: SUBMIT!

Send us a proposal outlining your story and characters. Be sure to include sample artwork in the style you plan to use for the finished piece and an idea of the page count. If you’re a writer looking for pictures or an artist in need of wordsmithing, let us know and we’ll try to keep a running list of creators looking for partners.

If you already have a completed comic you’d like us to consider we would be more than happy to take a look at it without going through all of approval steps.

Step 2: WRITE!

If your proposal is accepted you will be asked for a full script and a matching artwork sample.

Step 3: DRAW!

Once the script is approved, draw it up!

Final artwork must be 6 x 9 inches, black and white, in TIFF format at 300 dpi.

Proposals should be sent in pdf format to submissions@8thWonderPress.com. Please include your contact information (name, email, phone number, and mailing address). We welcome any questions you have!
    Deadlines

Deadlines are going to be very tight! Be sure you have a realistic expectation of the work you have to do and the time it will take to complete. Missed deadlines mean we can’t go forward with your story!

Proposals: December 14, 2012

Script and minimal art: February 14, 2013

Final art: April 14, 2013
    Compensation

Beyond exposure in the book, the published contributors will receive one copy of the book in which their work appears (limit two per story).
    Rights

By submitting your unpublished work, you understand that, if accepted, 8th Wonder Press is acquiring First North American Serial Rights which gives us the right to publish your work (in print and digital formats) for the first time in the North American market. The creators retain all other rights to the work and will be contacted for permission if we plan to include it in any future collections. If the work is not published within six months of the scheduled publication date (currently planned for June 1, 2013) all first rights are null and void.

Any use of your material in the format of Podcasts and MP3 will be protected under the Creative Commons Attribution – Non Commercial – No Derivatives 3.0 license (see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/ for full details). This protects your work from any attempts to use it commercially or creating derivatives not approved by the creator of the work.

When you submit your story, you acknowledge that all ideas, characters, and content are your own work.
    Distribution

Once the book is out the pressure is on us to get it out to comic readers and the more means of distribution we have, the better the odds of that.

Conventions - This will allow us to put books directly into fans’ hands and pitch directly to a reader’s interests.
    Retailers - We’re compiling a list of indie-friendly retailers we can sell directly to.
    Diamond - Even though we’re going to sell straight to retailers, the best way to get into comic shops is still through Diamond. Once we know the size and complete contents of the book we will try to get into Previews.
    Digital - More and more, readers want to take their comics with them everywhere and digital devices make it easier than ever. We’re going to reach out to ComiXology and Graphicly to increase distribution.

Why 8th Wonder

“I’m doing all the heavy lifting, why should I let you do the easy part?”

Well, we wish you wouldn’t phrase it that way, but it’s a good question. We love comics, and especially creator-owned comics. We want to make sure that our books — and your work — get into as many hands as possible, and the best way to do this is by working with a publisher and not having to build new distribution channels yourself.

Self-publishing is a good option and gets easier and better each year, but the end result can be an unknown quantity. We have an experienced print production manager in-house and will ensure that all of our books look incredible.
    Contact

For questions, concerns, proposals, and funny cat videos, please email submissions@8thWonderPress.com.

Default Small comic co. seeking colorist

Good Afternoon. I am in the processing of self publishing a comic series I have been working on for some time. I am seeking the talents of an upcoming but talented color artist to color my covers and pin ups. I am currently offering 50$ per finished page. The rate will go up when we have seen print and are up and running. If you are interested please contact me at olraz75@gmail.com Have a great day.
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...41104309_n.jpg

Default Daredevil Fan Comic (Artists/Writers Needed)

I am a writer looking to develop an online fan-made comic series featuring the Marvel Comics Superhero, Daredevil. I have a few story ideas in mind that I would like to develop, and I am open to fresh concepts as well. No previous writing experience is required, but some basic knowledge of the character and series is needed. I am also looking for ANY interested artists who would like to contribute as well. This is being done as a voluntary enterprise and without the consent of the respective copyright holders and owners, being a non-profit venture there will be NO MONEY exchanged for any services rendered. Any material (including story content and artwork) created for this project will belong to it's creators and may be used as reference material for writing samples or in portfolios and the like but cannot be sold without prior authorization. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is creatively inclined, and has time to spare, to showcase their skills and promote themselves. If you, or someone you know, is interested or have any questions regarding this project, feel free to post in the comments section. Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope we can get this going!

Quote Originally Posted by beneverett View Post
    I am a writer looking to develop an online fan-made comic series featuring the Marvel Comics Superhero, Daredevil. I have a few story ideas in mind that I would like to develop, and I am open to fresh concepts as well. No previous writing experience is required, but some basic knowledge of the character and series is needed. I am also looking for ANY interested artists who would like to contribute as well. This is being done as a voluntary enterprise and without the consent of the respective copyright holders and owners, being a non-profit venture there will be NO MONEY exchanged for any services rendered. Any material (including story content and artwork) created for this project will belong to it's creators and may be used as reference material for writing samples or in portfolios and the like but cannot be sold without prior authorization. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is creatively inclined, and has time to spare, to showcase their skills and promote themselves. If you, or someone you know, is interested or have any questions regarding this project, feel free to post in the comments section. Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope we can get this going!
    I can shoot you pitch here .What if you add to
    Daredevil some cheesy dancing scenes like Psy-Gangnam Style :) The tone to become much much sober and realistic with Aaron Lewis Country boy and from there go to more diabolic villain with mister bullseye and Pantera -Cowboy from hell .Then aftermath comes things becomes more tragic and cruel something is forever lost and can never return the scene will be fuel by the song from KEOMA movie (Directed by Enzo G. Castellari
    starring: Franco Nero, Woody Strode and William Berger
    music: Guido De Angelis & Maurizio De Angelis
    song performed by: Sybil & Guy >>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3YHoE115U <<<<) That is the basic what i want to do plus some more add some bad guys and maybe bring back Lady Bullsaye like lady Gaga type of bad girl .With all that i just want to say i am very interested in this fan based thing and I want to participate in this enterprise of the open minds.I loved the daredevil character and the good runs that he had over the years (Brubaker ,Miller,Bendis/Maleev/WAid/Smith to name a few of the creators who have good runs of them that struck a metal chord to me that are the creators that define the daredevil character )
    Last edited by Scurlogg_Hawkk; 11-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

i am seeking a comic book publisher to take me on i have great ideas please contact at drewspens@aol.com thanks
    Last edited by thriver22; 11-26-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: seeking comic book publisher

Default Seeking a letter

My name is Jeff Miller, creator and writer of Black Lotus Empire. I recently had the art finished for issue, and I am currently shopping it around to publishers. Please check out the link to see a sample of issue 1, which has temp lettering.

http://blacklotusempire.blogspot.com

I am seeking a letterer for the full 12 issue run. The catch is that I have already spent so much on the art, that the lettering will have to be done on spec. If the comic is picked up by a publisher, I will pay for the work you do on issue 1, and enter into a conventional payment system for following issues. I know this is not an optimal deal, but it might be good for unpublished letterers who are trying to get some issues under their belt.

If you are at all interested, please send a link to you samples to novus.vita@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello all. I'm an artist based out of Orlando and Im looking for some gigs. I am currently only taking paying gigs for now as i am already contributing to another story. My rates are reasonable and negotiable. If your looking for an entire story line or just pinups for an upcoming project or christmas im free game with quick turn arounds. You can check out some of my work on deviant art.
    WWW.DARKSTAMPEDE.DEVIANTART.COM

If interested or have questions please feel free to email me at joshstrickland87@gmail.com and thank you for your consideration!

Hey guys. I'm a letterer
    I am willing to work with anyone willing to pay. We can workout a price. Here is some of my sample work
    http://ch4ppysgamereview.com/wp-cont...ue1Spread3.jpg
    http://ch4ppysgamereview.com/wp-cont...ue1Spread2.jpg
    I can mimic whatever style you like.
    Contact me at z4chchapman @ yahoo.com

Hey everyone! Thought I'd put up an appeal, just in case anyone is interested.

I'm a student by profession but a writer by passion, and I've written a few things here or there, created some ideas here and there, and I'd love to see about getting them published in some form. I'm looking for an artist who might like to bring these stories to life. I can't offer any money - being a student - but I can offer 50% ownership of everything, be it movie/tv/whatever rights, and 100% of any money that gets made from the actual story, be it from someone like Dark Horse or Vertigo buying it outright, or anything that might get made off of Image et al on the back end. I'm more interested in expressing myself, and getting published, than making money here. I've been published before, but only in an academic setting.

Here are the three things I'm playing with right now....

"The Modern School": An eight page story that concerns the idea of metaphysical terrorists, entering into the collective unconsciousness of mankind. Think...I don't know, Invisibles meets Promethea meets Planetary meets Transmet. This one is design heavy -- very little 'real world' stuff to draw, a lot of psychedelic imagery. Full script is already written, but can be adjusted to suit strengths/proclivities of artist. This is complete in and of itself, but could be the first in a series of stories about this group, based on this premise.

"Connectivity, Ltd": The first 5 pages of a story conceived as a 3 issue mini series. This centers around a young boy on the cusp of manhood traveling to the past as a sort of rite of passage. Some futuristic city/tech design work will be necessary for the first issue, with subsequent issues taking place in an urban environment (New York City, as I envision it, but if you're more comfortable in some other big city I'm open to it). Subtextually/thematically we'd be dealing with issues of isolation through technology, corporatization of every day life. A modern day sci fi Catcher in the Rye, basically.

"Wasted Time": A theoretical physicist must solve his own murder when a future version of himself appears before him choking on his own blood. Can he do it before time runs out? 10 Pages, done in one. Settings will include the inside of a physics lab and the bustling streets of Argentina.

I'd do all the work in contacting publishers, making sure everything fits submission guidelines, etc. If no one picked it up we could put it online -- a blog/website created specifically for the story, as well as my own blog which gets a bit of traffic -- and perhaps hope for some buzz to spread that way.

Anyway, please PM me or email me at teslanikolai1@gmail.com if you're interested at all! I can send you summaries/scripts/what have you. No time table for any of these.

Cheers!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

Infinity Comics now has a new manga imprint accepting submissions from tokusatu artists!
    We plan to bring the best in toku to american fans! Super Sentai/Power Rangers, giant robots & monsters, Kamen Rider-esque heroes!

Email us at: BoukenComics@GMail.com with the subject reading TRYOUT SUBMISSION

Please be able to:
    to draw Manga/Western style panels
    to draw Buildings/furniture/backgrounds etc
    have a firm grasp of human anatomy and perspective.

Check out our work at DeviantArt!
    Last edited by Count Vertigo; 12-06-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Default Colorist looking for work (paid)

My name is Francesca, and I am offering my services as a colorist.
    I currently can accept only front-end paying jobs.
    Best!

Samples: (More at http://koshiatar.deviantart.com)

Last edited by KoShiatar; 12-10-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for an artist for a 10 page section of my comic book script for a class assignment. It has to be done by January 10th, and can just be sketched.

I can/will pay for your services.

The First Ten Pages

If you're interested, please email me at danielwinters@live.com

Hi there, as I ere said in some post around there, I'm going to study Cinema.

However, one of my dreams is also to write comics. I'm utterly disposed to colaborate with some artist in any kind of genre, I believe great things can be done in any genre. The comic I'm about will only be an exercise for myself to see how far my argument can go. However, my favorite kind of stories in comics and films are Noir/Cyberpunk, Science Fiction, Comedy, Western, Fantasy and Medieval, however, the most important in a story to me is what it says to the world and how I feel after reading. Also, the story should be wrote under the Writer and Artist agreement. The story can also be short, as I said, this is just an experience for both and we'll see then.

So any artist who wants do draw something but is not yet sure what is welcome, I don't need a huge talent and I don't mind if it won't be painted, though my favorite kind of comic art is from artists such as Will Eisner, Frank Miller, Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons, Jack Kirby and Robert Crumb.

If you want to collaborate, feel free to mail me for: vtm_vmr@hotmail.com, or chat me by skype: victor_strange23.

Default New Company- Seeking writers (co-owners), artists, investors, anyone willing to help.

[B]Hey everyone names Korey. Me and 2 other friends have dreams of creating a comic book company like no other. I can assure you that we have the material that can and will one day compete with Marvel and Dc Comics. We are looking for young artists who are willing to work with us. Our starting pay is around 600 dollars for pencil and ink artists. And 250 for and colorists/letteres we are also looking for investors and writers who are willing to help builld the company as co-owners. If interested please contact me anytime at 2815092503 text or korey.rochon@gmail.com

Hi, my name is Jared Throne and I've been writing comics for around four years. I am now trying to find an artist to draw around six pages of a potential 3 issue mini-series to pitch to Image and other publishers. Obviously, if / when it gets published, we would work together on the rest of the book. I letter all my own comics.

Story is a ghost story set in space. It's a thriller / horror story with lots of twists and turns, and based more around "creepy" than blood and guts.

Contact me if you are interested, my email is jsthrone@gmail.com

Thanks!
    (read my old comics: badnewskids.com)