Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Hey guys, I'm an experienced writer and I have published a short story before. But my problem is that I have the ability to draw of a blind two year old that's drunk and high at the same time. Anyway, I need an artist for a unique comic series idea. (End of the world biblical version.) Sorry guys, I don't have $, but if this unique idea makes money, you will get 70% of profit (I am not in it for $.) I don't care if it's black or white or colored, either way is fine. Like some people have said, first issue or so will be free, and if people like it, we will charge. If interested, please email me DakotaGrossman99@yahoo.com After you email me, I'll send you the script for first book.
    Last edited by dtg108; 10-17-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: not enough info

Default Letterer here - $5 page rate, any length!

I meet deadlines, provide quick turnaround while maintaining quality of work. I will complete a mock-up page if necessary. Please follow the link for samples:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olmzniii5a1unq9/xiL2MAk818

If interested email me project details at: Darkersho@gmail.com

Best,

R. D.
    darkersho.com

Hello. Recently we have a plethora of new members join the Nova619 Fan Comic creative team and one of our newest members - Jim O'Reiley who will be drawing one of the episodes for our 2014 run is also involved in several independent comic projects for various indie publishers.

Jim is looking for inkers to pencil his art. He is willing to pay a $10 dollar page rate - not negotiable with full credit when published online or in print. Deadlines are 2 weeks per page. And a mandatory requirement is that interested parties must have a good sense of humor!

Below is a work list of the projects he's working on:

Menace: 10 page Superhero story written by a close friend. It will be published online and he wants to do a print run for a small local convention (print run will contain 2/10 page story)

Shotgun: 10 page comic for deadnemo publishing group. Dont know if this will be put up digitally on their site for free or if they will be selling it on graphicaly.com.

Ecomancers: A black and white comic by Author Ronnie Massey. She is looking to publish comics herself and I am looking for someone to help me ink the book. 10 page story to be published digitally. She can be viewed at www.Ronniemassey.com This book is a vampire, werewolf genre.

Bloodlines: Another 22 page comic by Ronnie Massey.

Should you be interested in any of the above or you know anyone who may what to assist and you want to have more details - don't contact me - instead contact Jim direct. You can e.mail him at orileyfamily@aol.com or alternately contact him via his Deviant Art gallery at http://joriley.deviantart.com/ where you can find more examples of his art and style.

Thanks! Darren Editor/ Nova619 - on behalf of Jim.

PS - If you are though interested in working on any future Nova619 projects (with note that Nova619 is non-pay/ non profit) for the late 2013/2014 runs then do contact me via novadaz3333@rocketmail.com or visit the Nova Prime DA Group via http://novaprime.deviantart.com/
    Contributor for Nova Prime (Deviant Art and Nova Prime Page!

I know there are--I'm one of them. It's rough trying to find someone to draw your brilliantly written comics, isn't it? At least, to get them to draw them for free, or for a backend share of the profits. Can't really blame the artist though--they're holding all the cards there.

We've started a magazine called Black Cross, and our first issue is superhero themed. We're not going to help you on the art front, but we will publish your fiction stories about superheroes. So turn that script into a story and let us look at it. We pay low amounts of cash, but that's not really why you write, is it? It is? Oh. Well, we can't help there either. But if you'd like to see your work in print, and you'd like a couple bucks and a copy of the magazine, send us your work. Check out our blog here (website is forthcoming).

We're a pretty open-minded magazine, so if you've got art as well, we'll look at that. We will print short comics inside the magazine, whether it's one page, a three panel strip, or a few pages. Pay is negotiable for most art. However, we can't pay out all of our money for submissions to one person, so the shorter the comic the better the chance of getting it published.

Future issues will have other themes, like horror or science fiction, so if you write comics in those genres, check back at our site/blog for more opportunities.

This is our first issue, so we have no previous issues that I can show you as an example. Sorry. I know some people are always a little leery of someone new asking for submissions. I understand it and I get it. If you want to wait for a future issue before submitting to see if we're going to stick around, I understand that too, but I don't know if we'll be doing another superhero issue soon. We already have several pieces lined up for this issue--several stories along with a couple pieces of illustration. We're going to be doing small print runs--around 100 copies to start, with more reprints if sales go well. We've already got advertising booked. This is happening by December for a convention, and we'd like for some folks on here to be a part of it.

You can send submissions to blackcrosspub@gmail.com. Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by mattbib; 10-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Default Writer seeking artist for collaboration on graphic (mostly) non-fiction...

Hi,

I'm a writer, located in the Boston area, who has pursued various projects under various stage names over the years involving the written, spoken, and sung word. I've written a handful of essays -- around a dozen or so -- which touch upon various aspects of new age spirituality, quantum physics, sci-fi, and fantasy. I wouldn't call any of this "fiction," per se...let's just say I've had some interesting life experiences and insights.

It occurred to me recently that the vivid imagery in many of the essays would translate well to the comic book/graphic novel medium.

I'm looking for a graphic artist who would be interested in taking these essays and collaborating on a graphic non-fiction book, with an eye towards seeking hard copy and digital publication.

My ulterior motive is to take the ideas presented in my essays and frame them in a medium in which they're not usually found and provide readers with food for thought. If this ends up generating revenue for us, that would be great.

I've posted one of these essays below. If it strikes you as something which you'd enjoy bringing to life as graphic art, please feel free to contact me at pberliner12@gmail.com

Phil

YOU CAN'T HOLD THE RIVER IN A PAPER CUP

Devotees of various religious and spiritual paths will often consider the teachings of their savior or guru to be complete truth, the whole of spiritual knowledge worth knowing.

The problem with this aspect of faith is that it ignores the limitations of human consciousness.

A year or two after I moved to Boston in the late 80's, I met a woman at a small shop. When our eyes met, I flashed on something which I couldn't and still can't accurately describe. It was a bit like hieroglyphics, but it wasn't that. Maybe something like a mathematical formula dancing before my eyes, but it wasn't precisely that either.

In that moment, I had reached the outer boundary of what the human mind can perceive and peered beyond that hard limit...and I lacked the adequate tools to perceive what I had experienced. The five senses failed me in that moment, as did rational thought and emotional feeling.

We can never know the whole truth while in human form. We're bound by the limitations of language, visual representation, reason, and emotion. The mind of God doesn't fully fit into the vessel of humanity which we inhabit.

That also holds true for divine beings incarnate on earth.

Take the spiritual essence of Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mohammad, or any other spiritual teacher and put that essence on earth in human form, and even that divine consciousness is limited by the bounds of human consciousness while on earth. You can't peer behind the veil completely when you've got to move through this plane in all of the traditional and necessary ways. If you could fully perceive the consciousness in every molecule of a coffee cup sitting on a nearby table, or see every parallel and alternate reality without regard to space, time, or frequency, you'd reach a point of consciousness overload where the sheer volume of information placed before you would make the act of picking up that coffee cup impossible.

That applied to Jesus Christ, just as surely as it applies to you or me.

Any enlightened being who walks the earth in human form has certain blinders on, blinders which make possible functioning in daily life. The words they speak and write are limited by the constraints of human language and symbology.

I don't claim to know the whole truth, but I do know that that truth is so much bigger than anything we can begin to imagine. The most that any teacher or teaching can communicate is but a mere whisper, a hint of something much greater.
    Last edited by TW12; 10-23-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Reminder that this is not a discussion thread. Please send any responses to solicitations for artists or writers via PM or e-mail. Thanks.

Default Artist Wanted For Graphic Novel

Hey all,

I'm currently looking for an artist for a graphic novel I'm working on. It's a small project that I've already done the writing for. If you're interested, please check out our website, http://www.va-comics.com/ where there a bit more info, and contact information. Cheers.

Default Publishing Opportunity

Hey everyone. I am a writer, director and producer for shorts on the web. All of my projects have been creator owned and they've retained all rights. I am in the process of writing a comic that I will be self publishing under a branch of my production company. I intend to purchase a batch of ISBN #'s and are looking for individuals who are also interested in self publishing to scoop up some open ISBNs (free of cost) and release their work alongside my book and hopefully many others. If you are interested, you probably have many questions. I am new to this forum, so I may not check it often (which I'd like to change that, this seems like a really cool board) so you can also reach me at JohnnyC@SchjoayProductions.com

I am also seeking collaborators for my current projects, including a colorist for my immediate project (a Western) and an artist and colorist for another sci-fi concept I've developed for several years.

Thank you for your time and attention to my post.

Default Cutting edge entertainment company seeking comic book creators!!

Our company, Trusted Cape, is looking for a digital illustrator to help create a series of groundbreaking interactive comics.

We are looking for pro-quality art and a slightly left-of-center style. We want to be inspired. And frankly we want to work with someone who is collaborative and fun. Must be proficient and comfortable with Photoshop.

So, if you meet the above criteria and if call Arthur Adams, Gabriel Rodrigues, Mark Bagley, J Scott Campbell and Brent Anderson your heroes, then shoot us an email with samples.

This is a paid gig.

flywithus@trustedcape.com

Default Artist needed for WWII-era sci-fi/adventure graphic novel (paid)

Hello all,
    Were Bill Groshelle and Brendan Cahill, were working on a book tentatively titled Operation Dragon, and were looking for an artist.

The Tech Specs
    The book will likely be graphic novel-only, not individual issues, with about 8 issues worth of content (176 pages)--so it's a relatively weighty project. We're looking to get it out within one year. The faster, the better, of course. Yes, there is money--well negotiate a fair page rate on work-for-hire terms. Well likely ask several artists to do three or four pages of the script (for which well pay), so we can see how their styles and capabilities mesh with the story.

The Genre
    Operation Dragon pairs a retro pulp sensibility with a sci-fi adventure storyline. Set in the Pacific during World War II, its an action story, but there is plenty of personal interplay and conflict between the three main characters. Mature readers. The language is explicit and realistic, and violence is dealt with frankly.

The Pitch
    The Pacific, World War II. Rick Novak, a U.S. Marine corporal and disgraced ex-cop, is captured by the Japanese. He escapes with the help of Tony Bruno, the man who destroyed his career, and Catherine King, a government agent with a secret agenda, but the three of them soon find themselves in greater danger as they fall headlong into a Japanese plot to hasten the end of the war--by breeding and controlling dinosaurs. The three castaways, along with a small group of Army Rangers, have to stop the monsters, and the plan--but first, they have to survive.

What Were Looking For
    Ideally, we'd like to find an artist who can produce complete pages (pencils/inks/color) or at least pencils/inks, but we'll take a look at whatever you've got. Stylistically, were open. You'll have to be comfortable visualizing a World War II world and its technology and styles, along with dinosaurs interacting with people, and pitched battle scenes. Character and action are both important. We prefer realistic over cartoony. Were looking for professionalism--in both your work and your work ethic.

If this sounds like a good fit for you, email Brendan Cahill at bc (at) brendancahill.com. Were located in Northern California, willing to work with someone in a different location.
    Thanks!

hi all
    i am kdart an aspiring comic artist and painter.
    please have a look at my work through my portfolio link,and let me know if you like my art or want to hire me for a job.
    i appreciate your time
    http://k-d-art.deviantart.com/
    http://k-dart.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/K-dart/202582549872830
    email kdart0@yahoo.com

Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm a amateur writer and I've started on a comic series. The concept is to put a twist on the super hero genre with drama. I'm looking for a illustrator who would like to become a partner, whose style might be dark and isn't afraid of blood & violence. I'm not looking for gore but this might not be for little kids. I would like to partner up with an artist who would do this for the love of comics and we would split the profits if anything comes out of it but i'll pay for the right rates if i like the artwork. Email me if interested @ wortel76@gmail.com

Thanks!

Artist Needed - Science Fiction story:

There's a coup going down on the planet Paradise � and Alibi Jones is caught in the middle!

Mike Luoma here � http://mikeluoma.com � looking for the right penciler and/or penciler/inker for a 21 page science fiction story for The Adventures of Alibi Jones #2 to be published by Earthbound Comics in the new year. The script is ready to go and the other stories for the issue are in the works.

Still trying to make a name for myself and get my work out to a wider audience. Have gained enough traction that my books get reviewed and the work gets noticed. You may have seen or heard about The Adventures of Alibi Jones #1, Introducing... RED HOT! #1, Souverain #1 and Good Samaritan: Unto Dust #1 � all released in the last year by Earthbound Comics. I've also released books under my own imprint, Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics, like Vatican Assassin, Panthea Obscura: Deifornication, Everybody Lies and more.

One caveat - This is not a cash up front job. Creators working with Earthbound Comics get a comp issue and can then buy issues at cost to sell to make profits, somewhat akin to putting out your own book. Earthbound does offer back-end percentages dependent on sales. There's more information at their site: http://earthboundcomics.com/index.ph...-for-creators/ As a collaborator, I'd also be sharing the IP on the story with you.

If all this sounds good to you, maybe you'd like to join my team. Get in touch � email me at glowinthedarkradio (at) gmail (dot) com. I'll send you the script, you can take a look and see if it's something you're interested in, and we can go from there!

Want to try something different? I've written a romantic comedy, a three-act � three issue � miniseries called Strike Out! about an injured minor-league ballplayer who gets involved with a rich party-girl heiress and a savvy woman gossip reporter. Hilarity ensues! I usually write science fiction and superheroes, but for some reason this story came to me. It was over the course of a weekend - scenes appearing in my mind on Friday and Saturday, then on Sunday I went for a long walk and sort of watched the "movie" kind of spool out in my imagination. Don't feel like I wrote it so much as transcribed it, weird... anyway. I'm looking for the right artistic collaborator to bring it to life.

Mike Luoma here � http://mikeluoma.com � a writer looking for the right artist or team of artists to collaborate with on this unique project. I'd like to work with an artist who can see this through inks, and better yet, colors � but the right penciler could help start a team. This is a different sort of story so I'm open to different ideas, so long as the storytelling works. The books will be published by Earthbound Comics in the new year. The scripts are ready to go. I'll also be handling the lettering and production.

Get more details on my Blog: http://glowinthedarkradio.blogspot.c...ic-comedy.html

My books? You may have seen or heard about The Adventures of Alibi Jones #1, Introducing... RED HOT! #1, Souverain #1 and Good Samaritan: Unto Dust #1 from Earthbound Comics. I've also released Vatican Assassin, Panthea Obscura: Deifornication, Everybody Lies and more.

One caveat - This is not a cash up front job. Creators working with Earthbound Comics get a comp and can then buy issues at cost to sell to make profits. Earthbound does offer back-end percentages dependent on sales. As the creator, I'll also be sharing the IP on the story with you. If you're in for all three issues on full art, we're co-creators.

If all this sounds good to you, get in touch � email me at glowinthedarkradio (at) gmail (dot) com.
    Last edited by mattbib; 12-18-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Only 1 post every 2 months
    Free downloads and more about me and my books at
    Glow-in-the-Dark Radio

Hi all,
    I have written a few screenplays in the past and I am currently working on a 4 issue comic book that could expand into an ongoing. I am interested in finding an artist to collaborate with with hopes on pitching as a creator owned series to Image or other publishers.

The story revolves around a police detective investigating some supernatural occurrences which lead him to a partnership with a late night talk-show host who's show discusses conspiracy theories and the supernatural. Working together they uncover government secrets going back to the forties that threaten societies views of the world as they know it.

I have all 4 issues plotted out and the first 2 issues completely scripted and the third is underway. The scripts are at a panel level and I do have some ideas on character design, but I am truly looking for someone to work with and inject their own ideas. The story is a mixture of police investigation and action, with some sci-fi elements. If anyone is interested you can contact me at clark67211@hotmail.com and we can swap synopsis and scripts for some art samples.

Thanks for reading. - Paul

Since I have last posted this, I have assembled a team however we have recently lost our colorist. We have a completed script for four issues, and inked art for 5 pages and a cover. We may have a couple more pages of art, but are ready to submit to Image first, and then elsewhere, but we need a new colorist to complete the submission. At this point we are looking for a collaborator to work on spec not for pay. I understand that is not ideal, but if any colorists are interested on taking a chance please let me know. I can send you scripts, inked pages and overall synopsis and we can discuss options. The art so far is stellar and I think we have a really great story to tell. Please let me know if you are interested.

I am a colorist seeking work, preferably for a set page rate. My rates are reasonable and I am more than open to negotiation.

Samples of my range of work can be found in my portfolio: http://smachajewski.tumblr.com/

You can contact me via email at smachajewski@gmail.com or through the messaging of this forum.

Here is a sample page of what I can do: