Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The only way for the Invisible Jet to come back now in crystal form is if Hephaestus makes it. I personally love the Invisible Jet and love the fact it could morph into other things. If Invisible Jet can get the right origin it will be way more popular. The amazons could make the jet not in this run.

Gone

If Hephaestus makes the invisible jet, I would love for it to be more mystical and less tech-y.

Perhaps an elegant mechanical bird or something alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    If Hephaestus makes the invisible jet, I would love for it to be more mystical and less tech-y.

Maybe a Dove since its a symbol of peace? Any images for what you want the jet to look like. I feel the same with the amazons tech. More mystical and less tech. Like Purple healing ray is a crystal. they could have communicate devices and computers. That would be interesting since they did have them in golden age .

So what weaponry or gadgetry do you guys want to see return?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post

I think if the Jet comes back in any way, shape, or form people around here will go ape-sh*t. Personally, I don't mind.. but alot of people here don't appear to agree with it.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I think if the Jet comes back in any way, shape, or form people around here will go ape-sh*t.
    Only if it means clipping her wings.

I am definitely ready for the invisible jet to come back into continuity. I do want it to be as high tech/ high mystical as possible. A living organism like the jet used by Miss Martian in Young Justice comes to mind. Equipped with weapons, travels and the speed of sound, can travel under water and outer space. Cool. But I also like the idea of the golden "Eagle" armor too. With a redesign, both could be badass parts of her arsenal created by Hephaestus...

Gone

"speed of sound"... be more ambitious, man!

There's nothing "wondrous about speed of sound, every other two-bit plane does it.

Secretly, I didn't know how fast that was. Lmao! So speed of light then ;)

Hey would it make sense if the amazons were able to copy magic sphere and make use the copies like computers? Not talk about there amazon that we have now but in general. How could thinks like the mental radio which is basically a cellphone or invisble jet have a more mystical origin. That would be interesting.

Used Member

"Superman does everything with his own superhuman powers. This is fine for the forces of righteousness, but not so good for licensing agents. Batman, on the other hand, is a licensing agent's dream. 'Batman is a guy like you and me,' [Licensing Corporaton of America's Jay] Emmett said dreamily, 'he needs equipment.'" -- True Magazine, 1966

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

I think if the Jet comes back in any way, shape, or form people around here will go ape-sh*t. Personally, I don't mind.. but alot of people here don't appear to agree with it.

What I think is funny is that most of the people who don't like the Invisible Jet have no problem with those ridiculous sword-shooting bracelets that Azzarello recently gave Wonder Woman. They come off as super-campy and Spider-Man-like to me. What's next? Will Azzarello give her the ability to banish beings to Hades' realm when Diana throws her tiara at them?

Part of the appeal of Wonder Woman to me is the fact that she seems to be a nice blend between What is great about Superman and what is great about Batman, with enough unique characteristics to be interesting in her own right. Like Batman she should have an arsonal of stuff, though hers should be more magical then tech based. the jet (given a more mystical origin) , the tiara the lasso and the braclets should be standard. the bird armor, swords and other bronze age weapons should be used more sparingly but still be there. powers wise she should have Superstrength speed and the ability to fly(though flight isn't a deal breaker to me).
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
    What I think is funny is that most of the people who don't like the Invisible Jet have no problem with those ridiculous sword-shooting bracelets that Azzarello recently gave Wonder Woman. They come off as super-campy and Spider-Man-like to me. What's next? Will Azzarello give her the ability to banish beings to Hades' realm when Diana throws her tiara at them?
    The swords issue seems a little silly TO ME. Coming out of her bracelets or otherwise.

It just seems out of place to me why a being [who is written as] powerful as she is.. which is to say, close to a flying brick like Superman or a power-house such as She-Hulk would need to carry a little piece of metal to defend herself. I can understand someone street-level such as Batgirl or The Huntress carrying weapons of that caliber.. but Wonder Woman? Yes, visually speaking I can see that they want to give her the 'Amazon' feel but still....

This is not to detract others' perception of Wonder Woman, but personally I just don't see the necessity for it.

About the plane: I can understand those who don't feel its necessary because she flies, but given what we've seen (as you posted) it falls in the same silly category as the bracelets-swords.

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

The swords issue seems a little silly TO ME. Coming out of her bracelets or otherwise.

It just seems out of place to me why a being [who is written as] powerful as she is.. which is to say, close to a flying brick like Superman or a power-house such as She-Hulk would need to carry a little piece of metal to defend herself. I can understand someone street-level such as Batgirl or The Huntress carrying weapons of that caliber.. but Wonder Woman? Yes, visually speaking I can see that they want to give her the 'Amazon' feel but still....

This is not to detract others' perception of Wonder Woman, but personally I just don't see the necessity for it.

About the plane: I can understand those who don't feel its necessary because she flies, but given what we've seen (as you posted) it falls in the same silly category as the bracelets-swords.

I personally love the Invisible Jet. It offers Diana several options beyond just flight such as stealth, the ability to transport others with her, and the opportunity to relax a bit and rejuvenate on the way to a battle and it has been shown to harness weapons that could be utilized in battle. Plus, it just looks freakin' cool to me.