Page 337 of 668 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 10014
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    That's great! I definitely have to read the other books then BTW has anybody read the Chaos Engine?
    Yep. I have an old, dog earred copy that collects all three parts of the trilogy. I actually had to buy it twice: the first one got trashed in a really bad rainstorm, so I had to buy another copy. I loved that series, especially Jean's larger part in the final Red Skull book.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 08-05-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Marvel Heroclix

Risen

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Jean is going to receive two figures in that set. One as Dark Phoenix and the other in her Marvel Girl costume.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Speaking of Jean figures, what do you guys think is the best statue or action figure of Jean to get? I don't actually own any, and the ones I've seen(like X3 Jean...*shudders*) look horrible. Any reccomendations? I'm partial to her in her Phoenix costume, but any good figure in any of her various Marvel Girl/Phoenix outfits will do.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Depends on what you're going for. There was a good figure of her (about 3 and a quarter inches) in her Dark Phoenix costume that I have. It's very well done. They're supposed to be making one in her 90's costume as well. As for statues, anything from Bowen designs is going to be excellent. I know he's made a full statue in her Marvel Girl (the miniskirt) costume and a I think a bust for her red/gold X-Factor costume. I'm not sure about any Phoenix statues.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Speaking of Jean figures, what do you guys think is the best statue or action figure of Jean to get? I don't actually own any, and the ones I've seen(like X3 Jean...*shudders*) look horrible. Any reccomendations? I'm partial to her in her Phoenix costume, but any good figure in any of her various Marvel Girl/Phoenix outfits will do.
    There have been recent sets that come with a comic book and two figures; they're pretty good. Everyone looks hunched over but with all of their new bending parts I think you can make'em stand up more straight. She's Dark Phoenix in that one.
    "She has been the weakest one, the strongest one, the sanest one, the craziest one. She has been the nurturer and the dependent. They want all this from her and more."
    -Apocalypse on Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    If you like the manga-styled stuff, there are a couple of Kotobukiya statues of Jean, one of the 90s costume and each color of the Phoenix costume. They don't have any moving parts and are pretty overpriced though, but they look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    If you like the manga-styled stuff, there are a couple of Kotobukiya statues of Jean, one of the 90s costume and each color of the Phoenix costume. They don't have any moving parts and are pretty overpriced though, but they look nice.
    The bodies on those are well done, but the manga-cupie doll faces kinda weird me out

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    Thanks!! Yes I am a fan of Jean. I would not mind any novel whether it features her or not, as long as she is not just wallpaper ;). I need my fix before teen Jean comes into the scene haha. I do like 90s Cyke and Jean so I'm going to see what amazon has to offer. What is your favorite?
    My favorite was the Mutant Empire trilogy. There was another that featured just the original 5, and Xavier, called Shadows Of The Past. It featured the villain who originally crippled Xavier, Lucifer. I think the Chaos Engine trilogy and the trilogy about the legacy virus were very good as well.

So I'd post this on the Emma Frost page, but I'd get called a troll, so I'll ask it here. Do her breast implants turn diamond when she transforms?
    "She has been the weakest one, the strongest one, the sanest one, the craziest one. She has been the nurturer and the dependent. They want all this from her and more."
    -Apocalypse on Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    So I'd post this on the Emma Frost page, but I'd get called a troll, so I'll ask it here. Do her breast implants turn diamond when she transforms?
    the skin turns to diamond but the silicon inside just stays the same
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    To be completely serious when she was completely shattered leading to Murder at the Mansion every part of her turned to diamond inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    To be completely serious when she was completely shattered leading to Murder at the Mansion every part of her turned to diamond inside and out.

except for her protesis (clearly covered by the "pieces" of her costume) unless Emma has gained a new power that allow her to turn silicon breast implants into diamonds
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

Does that include the nosejob or would that be different?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Does that include the nosejob or would that be different?
    Well, that would depend on whether or not synthetic parts were added. If they just cut and moved her own parts around, then yes, it would be different.
    -Apocalypse on Jean Grey