Page 270 of 668 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 10014

We knew there would some DP flashbacks

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=38039
    Risen

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    They updated her powers on Avengers Alliance.

-Telekinesis now gained at level 2
    -Mind Link now gained at level 6
    -Mind Link also now adds "Mind Link" to an ally, allowing them to protect allies from single-target attacks
    -Stamina cost for Mind Link greatly reduced
    -Phoenix Fire now removes debuffs from allies and buffs from enemies

WHAT?! I want my Command Points back! And I want my Mind Link switched with Telekinesis! I've had her for a while now.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Question Should Jean have a herald?

When Jean comes back and starts doing her Phoenix work, should she have a herald to go to planets She's about to purify/destroy and warn them that The Judgement of the Phoenix is coming? If so, who do you think her herald should be? I would say Hope or some Phoenix variant in the "golden woman" form.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry T. View Post
    Fraction reveals in the latest interview that originally Hope was going to be Jean reborn. Hope was Joe Q's idea and he planned on a scene where Emma would hold the baby and realize that she was Jean.

They decided to go in a different direction though.

If they had followed their original plan, Jean would have been back years ago and we wouldn't have to deal with rip off characters taking her Phoenix destiny.
    Where can I read this interview?

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    We knew there would some DP flashbacks

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=38039
    LoL Kurt looks naked!
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

They are finally recognizing that the "Phoenix wasn't Jean" retcon was at least partially de-retconned....

TomBrevoort via Formspring for iOS

According to canon, the Phoenix was hostless when the Dbari's star got consumed. I generally go with the notion that it was Jean Grey just the same, but canon says the Phoenix was just impersonating her.

No, that was re-re-re retconned many, many years ago. That was still at least a part of Jean.
    -Professor of Jean Grey Hermeneutics and Phoenix Studies

Seagle talks about his unused Phoenix story which never materialized. Man I was so pumped for this back in the 90s

Joe Kelly and I engineered a lot of cool stories that were approved but then got the boot based on the various regime chages and edicts that were happening almost daily at Marvel back then. It was a frustrating time.

One of my main never-to-be-completed story arcs (started in Uncanny 353) was that Jean Grey – who – after all the convoluted ret-cons inflicted on her over the years following the Dark Phoenix story – had techincally never been Dark Phoenix – would get the Phoenix powers. I wanted to look at whether the actual Jean Grey would have succumbed to the dark side the way the “coocoon-not-Jean-Grey-thing” did. Scott, having lived through this scenario once, was in a very different starting position and would have gone against Jean’s wishes to embrace this power as Jean became more and more influenced by the Phoenix. With a wedge between them and an X-Men team looking at a history they didn’t want to repeat, Jean and love would have prevailed – barely – because I like a (somewhat) happy ending – and because I see Jean Grey as strong enough to overcome the temptation.
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-361/

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is just awesome
    Bring back Hawkwoman

Quote Originally Posted by Henry T. View Post
    They are finally recognizing that the "Phoenix wasn't Jean" retcon was at least partially de-retconned....
    I loved this response.

Jean is Phoenix.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    When Jean comes back and starts doing her Phoenix work, should she have a herald to go to planets She's about to purify/destroy and warn them that The Judgement of the Phoenix is coming?
    No offence, but... It's ideas just like this that got Jean sidelined this time around in the first place.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    No offence, but... It's ideas just like this that got Jean sidelined this time around in the first place.
    Exactly, Jean only gets the axe when she starts getting too "out of this world". I'd prefer her on Earth dealing with mutant issues.
    Bring back Hawkwoman

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Exactly, Jean only gets the axe when she starts getting too "out of this world". I'd prefer her on Earth dealing with mutant issues.
    'Ya know? It suddenly occurs to me that that might be the reason Morrison (and others) went to such great lengths to catapult Jean's powers to such unnecessary levels. He (They) sought to sideline Jean in order to promote Emma Frost. It wasn't enough to simply make Emma an X-Women like so many others... Jean had to be nixed from the picture entirely -- and in order to do that he had to totally transform Emma into Jean seamlessly. And, what better way to do that but to have Jean bust a power-stunt so out of character (*Ahem* "truncating a timeline"?) that she had to be booted in the end? This left the field clear for Emma to sleep in Jean's wet spot... Get a man in her life (one who never had any attraction to her otherwise in the past)... Faux-tutor Jean's daughter in psi warfare as if Rachel was as inept and untrained as one of the Cuckoos. And, most importantly gain (albeit briefly) the Phoenix Force. I should have seen this when Emma gained her diamond state... That wasn't mere coincidence. It was to give her the same level of bodily protection that Jean's T.K. gave her. Too bad a diamond bullet easily shattered that illusion.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Looks like Jennifer Lawrence.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Mmm. Famke Janssen eyebrows...

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Heretics. Perhaps The Judgment of the Phoenix will fall upon you next! I will pray for you.

First of all, Jean's power level had nothing to do with her latest death. We have tons of cosmic characters in Marvel that aren't killed off when they get too powerful (Franklin Richards and Scarlet Witch, to name two). The real reason she died again was because Morrison wanted to "write a love letter to Uncanny #137" and Marvel editors who can't get over that selfsame issue and think Jean should have stayed dead (nevermind that her death was editorially mandated and not even part of the original story). Second, Jean's powerful enought to bum around on Earth and tool around space at the same time. The Phoenix shouldn't just be limited to Earth IMO.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 04-09-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

yesterday was Easter. Too bad, Jean didnt rise from the dead :(