Page 508 of 668 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 10014

For me ANXM is better when it focuses on Jean and what is happening around her. I couldn't get into issue 3 because it mostly dealt with the extinction team (we already had enough of them esp with avx). Hopefully this is where Jean starts to lead the book.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    Resistance against it but there have been those who've gotten around it, Xavier, Martha Johanssen, Marvel Boy, and Jean.

Sebastian Shaw!!

Not once, but twice... Most reticently, while she was in her secondary form and once back in the day when she was the almighty telepathic White Queen.

Both times -- most embarrassing !!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-05-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Nice to see issue 5 getting good reviews and selling well.
    Risen

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

BANNED

Good, good. Go forth and spread the good news about the One True Goddess, loyal service to the great and powerful Jean Grey carries with it many rewards, in this life and the next, and possibly the one after that, though if you go any deeper there are no concrete guarantees.

And then shall appear the sign of the Daughter of Phoenix in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the Earth mourn; and they shall see the Daughter of Phoenix coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory...

I've al ways thought seeing a giant firebird in the sky might feel like the second coming...

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I've always loved these!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see a return of her Blue/Gold team outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see a return of her Blue/Gold team outfit
    I'm guessing not. It's one of her blandest and very few people seem to like it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    As a straight man I am contractually obligated to disavow any knowledge of design principles, but isn't one of the most basic ones that you never, ever feature all three primary colors prominently unless you want your character to look like a goofy eight year old?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    As a straight man I am contractually obligated to disavow any knowledge of design principles, but isn't one of the most basic ones that you never, ever feature all three primary colors prominently unless you want your character to look like a goofy eight year old?
    Are we counting hair color? I'm told you're supposed to dress to go with your hair and skin tone which is probably why Jean wears green a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well I'm proud to be one of the few who likes it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Well I'm proud to be one of the few who likes it.
    Much of the hate also probably comes from the way she was characterized during the period in which she wore it, which is to say, not much at all.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Good, good. Go forth and spread the good news about the One True Goddess, loyal service to the great and powerful Jean Grey carries with it many rewards, in this life and the next, and possibly the one after that, though if you go any deeper there are no concrete guarantees.

And then shall appear the sign of the Daughter of Phoenix in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the Earth mourn; and they shall see the Daughter of Phoenix coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory...
    You may have some competition their in Goddesses.

It is proclaimed on the Storm Thread the she is the Goddess of the Marvel Universe.

For me, Wanda Maximoff is a Goddess Like Venus, cause of her Stunning Beauty, Kindness and Her Powers over the once uncontrollable Chaos Magic. Only a Goddess to Hope to control such power.

To me though, all 3 Women Deserve to be considered Royalty in the Marvel Universe.

"While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Much of the hate also probably comes from the way she was characterized during the period in which she wore it, which is to say, not much at all.
    Agreed, her X-Factor years and Inferno arc didn't do her any justice IMHO