Page 503 of 668 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 10014
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It is odd how the Avengers have so few telepathic resources where in X world it seems like every sixth mutant has psionic powers.

While we're on the subject of feminism here's an article I found interesting about Jean as a positive feminist portrayal.

Link
    Not only that but psionic being practically the ultimate mutant if not super power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Not only that but psionic being practically the ultimate mutant if not super power.
    Yeah, the psychic well runs unusually deep.

ANX 5. It moves quickly but Jean is good in it. As is Kitty actually.

spoilers:
    Jean tells teen Scott to get bent. I almost feel bad for him...Almost.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ariwl1; 01-02-2013 at 07:15 AM.

BANNED

I'm glad how things are turning out in ANXM

Here's a gift for fellow Jean fans

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I must say, this is a much better collage than that MS Paint, cut and paste job that they gave Wanda in Disassembled. I'm sure that the Klan will be none too pleased that the Wolverine kiss is being given highlighted while she and Scott share no more than an dispassionate embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I must say, this is a much better collage than that MS Paint, cut and paste job that they gave Wanda in Disassembled.
    I remember seeing that. It was so jumbled my eyes never knew where to look.

I must say, this is a much better collage than that MS Paint, cut and paste job that they gave Wanda in Disassembled. I'm sure that the Klan will be none too pleased that the Wolverine kiss is being given highlighted while she and Scott share no more than an dispassionate embrace.
    I'm pretty happy actually, they only share a weeding picture, the two of them rasing their son in futur, her sacrifice herself yelling his name, see him desperatly merge with apocalypse, searching for him with cable
    For me it worth so much more, and sounds more passionate than just a kiss (and physical attraction) to logan
    :)

great art anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post

ANX 5. It moves quickly but Jean is good in it. As is Kitty actually.

spoilers:
    Jean tells teen Scott to get bent. I almost feel bad for him...Almost.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do, but I don't despair! And hope that by realising what phoenix did since it's beginning, she'll understand and help at least teen scott
    end of spoilers

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    It has nothing to do with making him look pretty or cool. I simply think that every leader who has as much responsibility as Cyclops does needs a strong foundation of love and support and, just as importantly, a steady source of sex. Without these things I believe the leader will mistakes and be crushed under the pressure. Surely you can agree that in terms of love, support, affection and definitely sex Emma was a lot better for Scott than Jean ever was. Which is why when Jean died and he got with Emma he really transformed into an incredible leader.

What you are doing is using specific examples to define a relationship, do you see why that doesn't make any sense? If you read all the X-men comics then you'd know Cyclops was actually a fantastic boyfriend/husband to Jean and the affair with Emma is literally the only blackspot in his relationship with Jean, while Jean screwed up in the marriage quite a few times(Wolverine being the prime example). Also Jean fans will never admit it but blaming Scott for simply thinking about having Sex with Emma, and not actually doing it, is completely ridiculous. He was also great to Emma, elevating her form being a reformed Villain to being co-leader of the X-men. He didn't choke her because of the affair, he did it to stop the avengers and Xavier from ruining his Utopia. Kieron Gillen also stated that the PF was corrupting Emma and an interpretation is that Scott was saving her from corruption. My memory of Maddie is a bit sketchy so I won't comment on that, but I'll admit he was wrong with her. That marriage was a mistake in the first place though.

What track record? You're projecting things that didn't happen. Emma Frost and Jean Grey have a worst track record than Scott does. Rogue is perhaps the only woman worthy of Scott who I could believe getting with him. But she is not a telepath and I would prefer not to break the tradition.

On a side note Jean was a shitty wife. She ignored him a lot and couldn't help her feelings with Wolverine. It's not a wonder he cheated on her. I find it funny that people think of her as some kind of a God and even her Husband found a better girl than her two minutes after she died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    At what point in any story is it ever stated that Scott couldn't satisfy Jean sexually? That wasn't mentioned afaik and isn't it the other way around? Jean couldn't satisfy Scott which is he went to the sex queen in the first place.

edit: And decision? That was the old Cyclops. The Cyclops now is Scott "get it done" Summers. See AvX for proof.

You know while its fun to say how awesome Emma is and boring Jean, is lets not ignore the actual comics Scott went to Emma for emotional gratification on a physical level and even then he still made her dress like Jean. The entirety of their supposed better relationship revolved around whether Emma could live up to Scott's standards of Jean and this scan:

People love to say Scott became more "interesting" with Emma or Jean held him back when in actuality his OWN inadequacy issues held him back instead of BEING with Jean he pushed his own insecurities onto her and wanted her to baby him, and with Emma he got just that.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

double post..

BANNED

The thing is for me, she read 3 peoples mind, Beast, Logan and R.Cyke so I'm not seeing the "one-sidedness" as many are pushing, just many upset on how R.cyke is being currently viewed by the O5 who went out of their way to find out for themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The thing is for me, she read 3 peoples mind, Beast, Logan and R.Cyke so I'm not seeing the "one-sidedness" as many are pushing, just many upset on how R.cyke is being currently viewed by the O5 who went out of their way to find out for themselves.
    This is all needlessly complicated. Just have her meet up with Rachel, and she can get a fully unbiased and objective view of events via their connection with the Phoenix. You don't even need telepathy to make that work.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    double post..
    Don't feed the troll, his facts are all jumbled up.
    He's forgetting that Cyclops didn't want Emma after Jean died, he was mind controlled into loving her. He's also forgetting that Jean was a fantastic wife to Scott. She spent 12 years in the future with him raising a kid he had with ANOTHER WOMAN. And then there's that time he supposedly died and she didn't hook up with Wolvie at the drop of a pen and instead never gave up on him. Meanwhile all Scott ever did was obsess over Jean.

BANNED

This is all needlessly complicated. Just have her meet up with Rachel, and she can get a fully unbiased and objective view of events via their connection with the Phoenix. You don't even need telepathy to make that work.
    I see that too but the problem is also Rachel wasn't around for a lot of jeans events either so it wouldn't work well either

Perhaps storms mind

Pretty much everyone knows the basics of Jean's life. For all this real intimate details you'd need two people: Scott and Xavier.