Page 484 of 668 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 10014
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Two green-eyed redheads on one cover? MADNESS!!
    Infinitely better than two Cyclopes on one cover. Maybe when the real Jean comes back she and Natasha can start an all-redhead team. The book can be entitled - wait for it -"Rouge". Rogue would not be allowed in.

• The Original Five X-Men get new costumes!
    Thank goodness.

O_O There's more red-heads in comics then there are in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Infinitely better than two Cyclopes on one cover. Maybe when the real Jean comes back she and Natasha can start an all-redhead team. The book can be entitled - wait for it -"Rouge". Rogue would not be allowed in.
    Who else? We've got Firestar and MJ too.
    "She has been the weakest one, the strongest one, the sanest one, the craziest one. She has been the nurturer and the dependent. They want all this from her and more."
    -Apocalypse on Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    O_O There's more red-heads in comics then there are in real life.

Who else? We've got Firestar and MJ too.
    I believe Sean and Theresa Cassidy were both green-eyed redheads. Maybe Rhane Sinclair too.

*Ponders a moment*. Why did I never go as Banshee for Halloween?! It would have been so obvious!

BANNED

Hellcat, Medusa, Mystique, and of course the other members of the extended Jean brood (Rachel, Madelyne, Hope, Fongji). Crystal and Wanda may qualify as honorable mentions, their hair is probably closer to what people actually have in real life than that bright and bold red which I'm pretty sure can't actually occur naturally despite its prevalence in comics. As for the guys, the incomparable Cain Marko, who for my money is leaps and bounds more interesting than Colossus and should be reinstated as the One True Juggernaut any day now.

Fun fact - Genghis Khan, of all people, also had red hair and green eyes.

Naturally red hair definitely has more of a copper look to it than the more romanticized fire or shiny apple red depicted in books. I think this is about as red as hair will get as far as genetics will allow.

Fun fact - Genghis Khan, of all people, also had red hair and green eyes.
    Huh, pretty sure I knew about the red hair but didn't know about green eyes.

BANNED

Naturally red hair definitely has more of a copper look to it than the more romanticized fire or shiny apple red depicted in books. I think this is about as red as hair will get as far as genetics will allow.

http://hairstyleslooks.info/wp-conte...olor-20121.jpg

Huh, pretty sure I knew about the red hair but didn't know about green eyes.
    Central Asians are a pretty diverse bunch overall, makes a good bit of sense since countless waves of traders and armies passed through that area through the centuries. It's sad that this gets ignored most of the time, to most Westerners there's probably just some arbitrary line where people being brown and start being yellow. I suppose this could be used to explain Fongji in some capacity, but I'm pretty sure that never crossed their minds, since she's apparently a Tibetan with a Cantonese name and Anglo facial features.

And drawn by the amazing Dustin Nguyen though Marvel would have to poach him from DC. He drew this gorgeous ode to comic book redheads.

Jean, MJ, Firestar, Siryn, Mystique and Medusa representing Marvel. Fairchild, Batwoman, Batgirl, Poison Ivy and Starfire round up the pile.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Fonji doesn't qualify for the book on account of not being a real character.

The Original Five X-Men get new costumes!]
    Finally new looks. Who do you guys suspect had the job of designing the new costumes (Bendis, Immonen, Quesada, Lowe?). Jean's powered up and ready to go on that cover.
    I'm waiting for the inevitable team up of Jean, Rachel, Hope, Black Widow and other red heads in A+X.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    Who's the blonde chick?
    Liz Allen Ultimate Firestar

Was out shopping for Christmas and came across a Marvel Chutes and Ladders game. I checked it out to see what characters you could play as. There were 8. Jean was the only girl. I'm kinda surprised they didn't use Black Widow or maybe Storm.

Interesting... I actually had the Monopoly: X-Men a long time ago.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

BANNED

When Jean eventually does come back for real, Marvel needs to re-establish her glamorous image, and ditch the frumpy, dowdy ginger Sue Storm schtick she had going for a while there. Of course, this would have to be done in a tasteful, elegant, and understated manner, not the sort of tacky and oversexualized dreck that passes for glamour these days (think Dazzler, Psylocke, or Emma at their worst excesses). True beauty and grace can be found somewhere in between butt floss and mom jeans, and that's where Jean should live.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Finally new looks. Who do you guys suspect had the job of designing the new costumes (Bendis, Immonen, Quesada, Lowe?). Jean's powered up and ready to go on that cover.
    Immonen is the artistic head for that book, so he probably designed the costumes

When Jean eventually does come back for real, Marvel needs to re-establish her glamorous image, and ditch the frumpy, dowdy ginger Sue Storm schtick she had going for a while there. Of course, this would have to be done in a tasteful, elegant, and understated manner, not the sort of tacky and oversexualized dreck that passes for glamour these days (think Dazzler, Psylocke, or Emma at their worst excesses). True beauty and grace can be found somewhere in between butt floss and mom jeans, and that's where Jean should live.
    Her Morrison era attire was great. Especially the Phoenix tee + trenchcoat.

I think the casual look she had on in Marvel Infinte 2 looked good. Functional but still flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Her Morrison era attire was great. Especially the Phoenix tee + trenchcoat.
    The Phoenix trench coat is one of my favorites. It's like they were trying to outdo the mess she had on in X3

BANNED

It's not just about clothes though, the way she carries herself has to match as well. This is all on the artist of course, but it really can make a huge difference in how she's perceived. Just look at Hope, yeah her face might be identical to Jean's but the way she poses and presents herself is so full of testosterone that I'm half expecting her to sprout a massive ginger beard at any minute now.

It's not just about clothes though, the way she carries herself has to match as well. This is all on the artist of course, but it really can make a huge difference in how she's perceived. Just look at Hope, yeah her face might be identical to Jean's but the way she poses and presents herself is so full of testosterone that I'm half expecting her to sprout a massive ginger beard at any minute now.
    Yeah, being raised by the ultimate representation of the 90s will do that to a girl.