Page 466 of 668 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I'm really tired of this line.
    As an unapologetic fan of Phoenix, so am I. I'm tired of Bendis' hot air in general and he's only been on an X-book for one issue.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I thought it was a good issue. I'm anticipating the confrontation of the O5 and Revolutionary X-Men to really be Jean vs the E-team which is the right way to go.
    I'm just really tired of them trying to pass this off as "blah blah real Jean blah blah". That ISN'T going to get Jean-fans on board.

While it's not ideal, I'm glad this Jean isn't tied to the Phoenix right now. The way Marvel currently uses it the thing's nothing but a burden to whoever it touches. And Bendis does seem genuinely excited to write her character which is a good sign.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think Bendis will do a great job writing her, he's written her well all the other times. I don't think she has to be Phoenix to be the Jean, but I think they're trying to hard to make fans accept this Jean. The writing should speak for itself, and I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    \That ISN'T going to get Jean-fans on board.
    Really just makes me root against the book harder. I bought it, but that was because as the flagship, it's the only game in town and I much rather it somehow performs worse than Gillen's Uncanny so we're not stuck with this writer for 10 years. It was an ok issue, but there are signs of the repetitious dialogue and plodding pace that he is known for.

The Jean dissing is just fuel to fire.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde

Like Josh said Jean can always develop her powers to phoenix level and it will be hers. They decided to turn the phoenix force into a cosmic parasite. Marvel probably said let's find a way to bring Jean back that doesn't involve another resurrection or phoenix force, so time travel it is. We just don't know what is in store for her in the long run.

I agree the dialogue was more to serve the purpose rather than more natural, but I think the pace is fine so far. It's the setup issue and since we've seen a million of those they're almost never surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Like Josh said Jean can always develop her powers to phoenix level and it will be hers. They decided to turn the phoenix force into a cosmic parasite. Marvel probably said let's find a way to bring Jean back that doesn't involve another resurrection or phoenix force, so time travel it is. We just don't know what is in store for her in the long run.
    The only problem with Kid Grey is that she isn't Jean. It's not just the Phoenix, but ALL of Jean's experiences after Uncanny X-Men #8 are effectively out of continuity.

It's not the same character and the fact that this guy is out there stressing that it IS the same character is just disingenuous and annoying.

The sooner he's gone, the better, imo.
    Last edited by Phoenix Egg; 11-14-2012 at 07:53 PM.

I'd like to think this might lead to the real Jean's return. I don't think there is a writer where everyone will go yes bring that writer back.

The first issue was clearly a set up issue. I can't wait for the next one. I'm really enjoying it.

ALL-NEW X-MEN #7
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) DAVID MARQUEZ & STUART IMMONEN (A/C) Cover BY STUART IMMONEN
    X-Men 50th Anniversary Variant by CHRIS BACHALO
    Mystique targets our young time-travelers, starting with Cyclops.
    AGE OF APOCALYPSE #12
    DAVE LAPHAM (W) RENATO ARLEM (A) Cover by KRIS ANKA
    The battle is over and the world has changed. But is anyone better off?
    Those who are left of the Exterminated try to pick up the pieces.
    X-MEN #41
    SETH PECK (W) JEFTE PALO (A) Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    Final Issue Variant by DALE KEOWN
    FINAL ISSUE!
    At the end of an era, Storm puts a team together to search for the start of the next.
    In the field, will Angel challenge her for leadership?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42202
    Risen

Perhaps Scott is totally disillusioned after meeting his future self. Although I'm still trying to figure out why Mystique would care about any of the 05.

And Storm is being challenged for leadership by Angel? They're really pushing this whole "prodigy" thing with him I see.

Maybe Mystique feels if the O5 are gone there would be no x-men. I thought Angel was like a child now which is weird seeing him fight Hawkeye and now seemingly Storm too.
    Risen

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    Maybe Mystique feels if the O5 are gone there would be no x-men. I thought Angel was like a child now which is weird seeing him fight Hawkeye and now seemingly Storm too.
    He is now a genious, actually. The celestial seed has pushed for his body and mind to work at his full potential.

wow that was fast. To me if feels like only a few months since Angel was reborn. Makes me think how fast Jean will develop after her TP unlocks. I'm hoping issue 7 is when we start to see new costumes for everyone.
    Risen