Page 465 of 668 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 10014

Marvel Avengers Allience Update:

Phoenix got some love finally. Her level 9 no longer consumes all your energy and it applies soulfire

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Marvel Avengers Allience Update:

Phoenix got some love finally. Her level 9 no longer consumes all your energy and it applies soulfire
    Nice. I was only using that move as a finisher or last resort. Also I think her Mind Link effects last an extra round or two now.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Nice. I was only using that move as a finisher or last resort. Also I think her Mind Link effects last an extra round or two now.
    it last for three rounds now.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    it last for three rounds now.
    I may have to try my Kitty/Jean team in PVP again. That extra round could make quite a difference.

Finally she needed a boost

Yup here's what they wrote on the update thread for Avengers Alliance

Phoenix update
    Mind Link (protect status) now lasts 3 rounds
    Phoenix Fire now causes Soulfire instead of Burning
    Phoenix Fire no longer drains all Stamina when used
    Risen

People keep raving about the AoA book Jean is in these days. Any input here? I may spring for a trade when it comes out.

People keep raving about the AoA book Jean is in these days. Any input here? I may spring for a trade when it comes out.
    It's actually a pretty good book. One that goes under the radar. It's nice that Lapham is focusing on Jean as a person and lets her do things (hopefully Bendis continues this). Jean's still training to fight without her powers. The story moves at a good pace and you can see things build. Year one is almost over with. Year two I'm hoping Jean gets a new costume that becomes her new AOA look and she becomes a bada## at hand to hand combat. I'm hoping the lasts long enough to tell a good tale and leaves the AOA world on a good note.

I thought it had potential after the AOA crew met up with Uncanny X-Force. But since then, I think it's been going downhill. It wiped out a lot of characters and de-powered Jean Grey in a way that I don't think has made for very good storytelling. If you're a huge Jean Grey fan and you don't care about anything else, then yes. This book is definitely for you. If you don't like her being romantically linked with Cyclops and Wolverine, then you'll probably like this too. But beyond Jean Grey, the book contains a lot of second-rate characters that aren't very compelling. They don't have their own appreciation threads and they aren't enough to really sell a book. Personally, I think it's asinine to take away so many of the elements from Jean Grey's character and just put her in an entirely different situation than the one that was established in the original AOA and the Dark Angel Saga. But that's just me. It's still a series worth checking out. And it's not selling very well so if you want to get into it, now is probably the time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

ANXM #1 ends with those pages we saw of Beast going to get the O5. Issue 5 will hopefully be where Jean gets decent panel time since we got to get through the cyclops vs cyclops first.

After reading ANX #1 I'm cautiously optimistic. It held my interest and I want to learn more about these new characters as well as see what the 05 do.

Bendis is setting up two or even three points of view on how the x-men conduct themselves going forward. Neither is wrong it's who you agree with. Can't wait to see readers argue their sides.

They released her Marvel Girl model sheet to coincide with the release of ANXM #1

Risen

Wolverine has his own book plus WATXM and Cylcops has Uncanny. Hopefully ANXM will be Jean's spot.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1702589/

-All five of the original X-Men being in present day isn't what all five of them want

-A lot of bad stuff can happen from doing this (time travel). There's a reason why people don't do stuff like this.

-But as excited as I was to bring Jean back and it's the real Jean, the fresh-faced Jean Grey, not Jean the Phoenix and not Jean the reincarnated, even I am shocked about how much this book is about her. What she's going through and the age she's going through it and how she's handling it and what she's going to do next is a big part of the book.

-What this young Jean discovers, new fans will discover (Jean's history).

-It's very cool to have Jean Grey be the eyes and ears of a story that is about Jean Grey and is completely reader-friendly

-New costumes, agendas and alliances, romances and break-ups fans don't see coming
    Risen

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

-But as excited as I was to bring Jean back and it's the real Jean, the fresh-faced Jean Grey, not Jean the Phoenix and not Jean the reincarnated
    I'm really tired of this line.