Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Phoenix Force Appreciation III.1

Now onto her third thread of burning away what does not work, there are two threads to reflect the schism in Jean Grey fandom.

Here is the thread to appreciate Jean Grey wielding the cosmic power of the Phoenix.

Some believe Jean is the Phoenix and the Phoenix is Jean. This is the thread for you!

Also feel free to discuss and appreciate anything else to do with The Phoenix Force

thanks to Bart Simpson for the pic

Continued from the other thread:
    The Jean Grey/Phoenix Appreciation Thread II

If you prefer Jean without the Phoenix, there is also The Jean Grey/Marvel Girl Appreciation Thread III.2 (non-Phoenix version)

I dream of Jeannie Bart Simpson's Avatar

Thanks for creating the new threads JAM!

I still think it was working fine as they're the same character, but mods know best.

Go Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Simpson View Post
    Thanks for creating the new threads JAM!

I still think it was working fine as they're the same character, but mods know best.

Go Jean!
    Well, not everyone cares, but there did seem to be a significant amount that like one version of the character but dislike the other, so this is an experiment to see how it goes. If there isn't any support thread IV will reunite the fans.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I think this is a great improvement over that last thread.

I'm confused. I thought the Phoenix Force was an independent entity who took numerous hosts throughout the ages, and Jean was one of those hosts.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Mod View Post
    Well, not everyone cares, but there did seem to be a significant amount that like one version of the character but dislike the other, so this is an experiment to see how it goes. If there isn't any support thread IV will reunite the fans.
    Cool cool.

Anyways, does anyone have the quote from Jean about evolution at the end of X2? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's true!

I'm confused. I thought the Phoenix Force was an independent entity who took numerous hosts throughout the ages, and Jean was one of those hosts.
    I refer you to Brian's thread where that topic is being discussed:http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=362971

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I refer you to Brian's thread where that topic is being discussed:http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=362971
    Yeah. I've seen it. The thread shows that the Phoenix Force is its own self.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

If/when Jean comes back I want to see her in

green

or white

or if she possibly joins X-Force, a black/silver version ala Marvel vs Capcom 3 would be pretty slick, lower left corner:

Another question for you guys,
    Jean's had many men who are interested in her. Aside from Cyclops who do you guys think be the most entertaining with? (notice I didn't say compatible)

Wolverine?

Angel?

Xavier?(ew)

Grifter?

Mastermind?

Other?

I actually liked the idea of Jean and Nightcrawler that Claremont teased in X-Men: The End. I think Jean deserves someone pure of heart. In the game Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, the mission that had you rescuing them from Mephisto referred to them as the Demon and the Angel, and I kind of liked the double meaning it has for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I actually liked the idea of Jean and Nightcrawler that Claremont teased in X-Men: The End. I think Jean deserves someone pure of heart. In the game Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, the mission that had you rescuing them from Mephisto referred to them as the Demon and the Angel, and I kind of liked the double meaning it has for them.
    I don't remember that in X-Men the End. Do you have any scans? All I remember from X-Men the End was Wolverine and Jean. He made it seem like they were destined to be together. And the part of Jean that loved Scott the most was a part of Maddie.

I don't remember that in X-Men the End. Do you have any scans? All I remember from X-Men the End was Wolverine and Jean. He made it seem like they were destined to be together. And the part of Jean that loved Scott the most was a part of Maddie.
    I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, but it was in the second book issue 3 when Jean is trying to free Nocturne from her slave identity. Jean gets trapped by it and Nightcrawler kisses her because the Phoenix responds to passion and his honest soul, providing her strength to overcome it. Kurt says they should have tried it years ago, but Jean says they were both always spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, but it was in the second book issue 3 when Jean is trying to free Nocturne from her slave identity. Jean gets trapped by it and Nightcrawler kisses her because the Phoenix responds to passion and his honest soul, providing her strength to overcome it. Kurt says they should have tried it years ago, but Jean says they were both always spoken for.
    Ah, that sounds familiar. That would be fresh to see. Maybe Kurt and Jean are killing time with each other in the white hot room?

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

If Jean comes back with the Phoenix Force I'd like to see her wear the white costume.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    If Jean comes back with the Phoenix Force I'd like to see her wear the white costume.
    Powered down white phoenix would be awesome. It's a nice contrast. Though I'm more and more of a fan of her Black Phoenix costume from MvC3 the more I play her.