Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: New "Thor" Posters Highlight Gods

A rollout of six new posters from Marvel Studios next film feature the gods of Asgard including Thor, Odin, Heimdall and more to be revealed later this afternoon.

Full article here.

And more posters that would make Drew Struzan cry.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

^Oh how I miss the days of Bob Peak.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Man, if any movie needed a poster by the surviving Hildebrant brother... or Boris or something... some sort of Frazetta knock-off.

Funny thing is, most of the Marvel posters have been pretty good. Even the head shot ones for the Iron Man movies have been better arranged than the usual crap. And some of the Incredible Hulk ones were basically perfect. But the Thor ones... guh.

EDIT: And not Marvel Films, but I defy you to tell me that the Raimi Spider-Man posters aren't perfect. DEFY I SAY!!!!
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Yeah those are bad posters, and they sure seem to be playing up Heimdall when I bet he is barely in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorBlake View Post
    Yeah those are bad posters, and they sure seem to be playing up Heimdall when I bet he is barely in it.
    The Darth Maul Syndrome, I think.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The Darth Maul Syndrome, I think.
    And Elba is kinda sorta a bigger name than the guy playing Thor.

Although really, there are two previously established stars in this movie, Dr. Lecter and Padme. Everyone else would be name below the title, if one of the actors didn't also happen to be the title character.

-Expletive Deleted

BANNED

I don't think they are that bad. They are different than the generic "standing in a bad ass pose facing the camera" posters most superhero movies have.

Although the Captain America one is probably the best one i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I don't think they are that bad. They are different than the generic "standing in a bad ass pose facing the camera" posters most superhero movies have.

Although the Captain America one is probably the best one i've ever seen.
    Which is funny, because a different background photoshopped in there, some different filters, and it would be about as terrible as these.

Although you're kind of right, it's not that these are so bad, they're just incredibly boring and lazy. And there's so much that can be done with the material to make these interesting posters. That's more the sin -- that these should be awesome posters, but they just look like everything else. And everything else also tends to suck.

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    And more posters that would make Drew Struzan cry.
    Aside from the Harry Potter movies (and it seems even they have moved away from it) when's the last time we saw one of those old school type posters? Crystal Skull I guess.
    "I think we can help. Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt, Glee.

Fan Approved Thor Poster

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Fan Approved Thor Poster

I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Plz keep me from laughing
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

What? No Warriors Three?

I can just picture a big close-up of Volstagg that says something like "The God of Eating" (or whatever Volstagg is supposed to be the god of).
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    And Elba is kinda sorta a bigger name than the guy playing Thor.

Although really, there are two previously established stars in this movie, Dr. Lecter and Padme. Everyone else would be name below the title, if one of the actors didn't also happen to be the title character.
    I'd never heard of Idris Elba before this film, I'm pretty sure he isn't a big name. Not to say he isn't good at what he does, but he isn't a draw, noone is going to see Thor because Idris Elba is in it.

And have they added posters? When I went the first time I didn't see the Loki and Sif ones. Sif's inclusion makes Heimdall's make a little more sense, before it just seemed silly since there was no way he'd have a huge role with how cluttered the film is already.

One good thing about the posters? No blue and orange.
    Bad thing? It makes it look like every character is called Thor.