Page 47 of 102 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's all about tone.
    Please elaborate

It's all about tone.
    I don't know. I keep hearing complaints about Sony making Spider-man dark and edgy.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

hopefully Electro will have multiple outfits throughout the film, and each will fit the scene.. hopefully the character will not get killed.. how else is a sinister Six supposed to rise?

I'm actually thinking this movie will be like the Learning Curve arc from Ultimate Spider-Man. The first movie was essentially the first arc with Lizard replacing Green Goblin. And then I have a feeling the last movie will skip the Doc Ock arc and move to the next Green Goblin one.

This would make this movie similar to the Dark Knight. After the first movie, the protagonist starts to settle into his role as hero. However, I think Peter would receive a lead about his uncle's killer that ties back to Tombstone. Max Dillon starts out low in the operation and Spider-Man convinces him to act as "his eyes and ears". However, things go wrong when Dillon gets mad and gets his powers. This makes Electro Tombstone's right hand man. And Peter finds evidence to lock up Tombstone (who he finds indirectly responsible for his uncle's death) and puts both Electro and Tombstone away. Norman, however, was studying Peter and finds that his blood would be the final step to curing Norman. Norman wants Peter to be captured. Queue next movie.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I don't know. I keep hearing complaints about Sony making Spider-man dark and edgy.
    Well, sure. I mean, there's so much left of the Nolan Batman films they have yet to rip-off for Spider-Man.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Well, sure. I mean, there's so much left of the Nolan Batman films they have yet to rip-off for Spider-Man.
    There is one major difference between the Amazing Spider-Man and the Dark Knight Rises. You guys wanna know?

The Dark Knight Rises: LARGE, GLARING PLOT HOLES
    The Amazing Spider-Man: DROPPED PLOT THREADS (UNCLE BEN'S KILLER, PETER'S PARENTS, ETC.)

You decide which is worse. Honestly, the Amazing Spider-Man is simply setting up a trilogy, leaving threads open for sequels. The Dark Knight Rises is just a huge plot-hole filled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    There is one major difference between the Amazing Spider-Man and the Dark Knight Rises. You guys wanna know?

The Amazing Spider-Man: DROPPED PLOT THREADS (UNCLE BEN'S KILLER, PETER'S PARENTS, ETC.)

You decide which is worse. Honestly, the Amazing Spider-Man is simply setting up a trilogy, leaving threads open for sequels. The Dark Knight Rises is just a huge plot-hole filled mess.
    While I don't agree with you that Dark Knight has HUGE plot holes, I'd say dropped plots is easily the lesser of the 2 because when you just drop a storyline you can always pick it back up.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    While I don't agree with you that Dark Knight has HUGE plot holes, I'd say dropped plots is easily the lesser of the 2 because when you just drop a storyline you can always pick it back up.
    Only assuming your audience still cares.

And yeah, TDK is uncharacteristically choppy for a Nolan film, who's usually a much tighter storyteller.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Yeah, it kinda did. The Dark Knight Rises Honest Trailer.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Are people still complaining how Bruce Wayne got back to Gotham in Dark Knight Rises after being stuck in the pit? Here's an explanation: He's friggin Batman! Honestly, of all the quibbles I have with DKR, that one doesn't make me bat an eyelash.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

What was the lizard's motive again?Why did he want to make everybody a lizard?
    I think he was crazy or mentally ill.

This film is Spider-man meets Twlight, and Batman.
    Spider-Man wasn't a geek, he was just likeable emo teenager.
    Where's the Spider-Sense or the science feats or the photography?

The drama sucks and I found myself half-asleep at some parts.Spider-Man didn't even try to keep his promise to Gwen's Stacy dad.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 12-22-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    What was the lizard's motive again?Why did he want to make everybody a lizard?
    I think he was crazy or mentally ill.

This film is Spider-man meets Twlight, and Batman.
    Spider-Man wasn't a geek, he was just likeable emo teenager.
    Where's the Spider-Sense or the science feats or the photography?

The drama sucks and I found myself half-asleep at some parts.Spider-Man didn't even try to keep his promise to Gwen's Stacy dad.
    Curt Connors wanted to make everyone equal. Lizard escalated that to a new level to make everyone giant Lizards. Because, well, Lizard was crazy and took Connors' motives to a new level.

Spider-Man had teen angst far before Twilight and Spider-Man was much worse in terms of the over the top romance.

He demonstrated his social awkwardness and intelligence far more often in this movie than Spider-Man.

Did you even watch the movie? Spider sense: football. Science feats: reading Connors' book, making electronic lock, etc. Photography: pictures of Gwen and debate team, had his camera kicked, tried to take pics of the Lizard.

Honestly, the only legitimate complaint you have here is his complete disregard for the promise. And Peter did try to exercise it before he talked to Aunt May, where she told him that he was a great person and should be able to have happiness. So, that can be refuted depending on the way you look at it. Seriously, if you hated the movie, that's fine but to not give any good examples to defend yourself, makes you look like a bit of an ass.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

They really should have cast someone as Norman. It really took me out of it when Peter is touring Oscorp and there's a massive shadow over Norman's picture because they hadn't cast anyone.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

They really should have cast someone as Norman. It really took me out of it when Peter is touring Oscorp and there's a massive shadow over Norman's picture because they hadn't cast anyone.
    Is Norman Osborn your favourite villain?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Curt Connors wanted to make everyone equal. Lizard escalated that to a new level to make everyone giant Lizards. Because, well, Lizard was crazy and took Connors' motives to a new level.

Spider-Man had teen angst far before Twilight and Spider-Man was much worse in terms of the over the top romance.

He demonstrated his social awkwardness and intelligence far more often in this movie than Spider-Man.

Did you even watch the movie? Spider sense: football. Science feats: reading Connors' book, making electronic lock, etc. Photography: pictures of Gwen and debate team, had his camera kicked, tried to take pics of the Lizard.

Honestly, the only legitimate complaint you have here is his complete disregard for the promise. And Peter did try to exercise it before he talked to Aunt May, where she told him that he was a great person and should be able to have happiness. So, that can be refuted depending on the way you look at it. Seriously, if you hated the movie, that's fine but to not give any good examples to defend yourself, makes you look like a bit of an ass.
    it was still incredibly nonsensical to include the scene where Captain Stacy asked to stay away from Gwen. how did it benefit the movie to have Peter just say "f*ck that guy," with his actions? it makes Peter look duplicitous. and that's a bad way to end a movie about someone becoming a superhero; especially when you factor in the earlier stuff with the robber.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time