Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default **nods** Yujiro Hanma vs. Apachai (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)

    Which martial artist wins?
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  2. #2
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,570

    Default

    Yujiro hasn't got anywhere near the speedfeats to compete with Apachai when he's serious.

    Heck, even his strength isn't as good as Apachai's maximum, I say that with the proviso that mentioning the earthquake punch will make me Hokuto Pimp Slap you.

    I'm going with Ryozanpaku dude here.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  3. #3
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yujiro hasn't got anywhere near the speedfeats to compete with Apachai when he's serious.

    Heck, even his strength isn't as good as Apachai's maximum, I say that with the proviso that mentioning the earthquake punch will make me Hokuto Pimp Slap you.

    I'm going with Ryozanpaku dude here.
    Dammit. I thought it would be a much closer fight than Kenshiro. I mean, in his universe, a speedblitzing caveman who tears through dinosaurs and mechs is actually uncertain as being a worthy match for him!
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  4. #4
    Terror On Wheels T51R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    15,854

    Default

    Thing here is that Yujiro's feats haven't been getting better lately and neither have his speed feats. They're all pretty consistent, so while Yujiro is the strongest in the Baki-verse, as it stands he's pretty much the "strongest of the weak" in the overall scheme of Khazan things.

    I'd wager any named Awakened Being from Claymore would wreck him something fierce, to say nothing of the monsters from Fist of the North Star or HSDK.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

  5. #5
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Dammit. I thought it would be a much closer fight than Kenshiro. I mean, in his universe, a speedblitzing caveman who tears through dinosaurs and mechs is actually uncertain as being a worthy match for him!
    It's the speed that kills Yujirou here mostly.

    In strength he's comparable to a HSDK master and his durability is pretty epic as well.

    The trouble is he's just pretty slow by comparison. Look at Apachai's trail battle with that Chinese master that had then blitzing up to a second floor of a restaurant, smashing it to pieces and then returning to their places so fast neither one of them appeared to have moved.

    And that was Apachai still holding back because he had a bird on his head. The second the bird was taken out, Apachai blocked Kei's shots faster than he could perceive and then did this:



    Yujiro isn't in the same league speedwise.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's the speed that kills Yujirou here mostly.

    In strength he's comparable to a HSDK master and his durability is pretty epic as well.

    The trouble is he's just pretty slow by comparison. Look at Apachai's trail battle with that Chinese master that had then blitzing up to a second floor of a restaurant, smashing it to pieces and then returning to their places so fast neither one of them appeared to have moved.

    And that was Apachai still holding back because he had a bird on his head. The second the bird was taken out, Apachai blocked Kei's shots faster than he could perceive and then did this:



    Yujiro isn't in the same league speedwise.
    And that's just from Apachai, lord knows what would happen to Yujiro if he faced say, Hayato Furinji.

  7. #7
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    apachai is to fast...
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  8. #8
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    38,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltron64 View Post
    And that's just from Apachai, lord knows what would happen to Yujiro if he faced say, Hayato Furinji.
    i know what would happen: PAIN!
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

  9. #9

    Default

    Oh, also just to bite the bullet even further, Baki ends up joining the Ryozanpaku dojo after Yujiro gets his ass handed to him.

  10. #10
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltron64 View Post
    Oh, also just to bite the bullet even further, Baki ends up joining the Ryozanpaku dojo after Yujiro gets his ass handed to him.
    I dread the Kenich x Baki slasfics that would come after that.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  11. #11
    BANNED Kutulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    812

    Default

    The higher end Bakiverse characters are weird like that. It seems the author is hesitant to jump into the blatantly superhuman type acts, but rather has the characters sit at the borderline of what is possible. For example Yujiro clearly has a ridiculous amount of strength having outmuscled Oliver, and doing things like pressing his way through an acrylic barrier (the type that bank tellers have protecting them against gunfire) by just walking, but he doesn't have that many high end speed feats.

    Baki right now seems to be the fastest character in Baki-verse, and he's rated at instantaneous movement of 281 km/h (instant burst without need of acceleration). You also have characters punching at speeds faster than sound, which is fast but not in that far into the meta range.

    In History's Strongest Disciple, they don't bother to try and preserve that line between meta and "conceivably human", they just blatantly cross right over into meta. Same thing with Fist of the North Star, with Kenshiro using steel building girders like a baseball bat, or during the movie having an entire building fall on him which doesn't even slow down his walking speed.

    If I were to put a strength figure on Yujiro, I would say he's around Spiderman level, with increased damage from his hand to hand skill, and chalk up the Earthquake incident to more of a pressure point thing. Since it was mentioned that Yujiro instantly spots the weak spots in everybody he sees, it's more of a special ability, and possibly why he would exceed what was normally possible with someone of his strength class for stopping the Earthquake.

    The author often equates the Bakiverse characters as high end biological machines. For example Baki running faster than the bullet train. Something that you have a real world version to look to.

  12. #12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,570

    Default

    Couple of things I'd disagree with here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutulu View Post
    If I were to put a strength figure on Yujiro, I would say he's around Spiderman level, with increased damage from his hand to hand skill,
    Yujiro's strength feats are a little beyond Spiderman.

    I mean look at this:



    Also he's got cutting through bullet proof armour, as in bisecting it, just by kicking it, kicking a helmet so high into the air that he has time for a short conversation before it comes down, shaking a building by stomping his foot while angry and leaping straight through a reinforced concrete ceiling like it's not even there.

    That's a bit beyond Spiderman level methinks.

    and chalk up the Earthquake incident to more of a pressure point thing. Since it was mentioned that Yujiro instantly spots the weak spots in everybody he sees, it's more of a special ability, and possibly why he would exceed what was normally possible with someone of his strength class for stopping the Earthquake.
    Eeeeh, even with allowing him the magical ability to see weak spots in a geological events, an ability he's never actually shown please note, the sheer amount of force required to effect the movements of tectonic plates by hitting them is still wildly beyond anything he or anyone else in the series has ever done in terms of strength.

    It's very SMvsFLy even with magic pressure points.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •