Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Captain America: The First Avenger" Trailer Debuts

Marvel & Paramount's first trailer for "Captain America: The First Avenger" premiered tonight, CBR is pleased to share more than [em]one hundred[/em] screen shots of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers transforming into a hero.

Full article here.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Captain America: The First Avenger" Trailer Screen Shot Gallery

Marvel & Paramount's first trailer for "Captain America: The First Avenger" premiered tonight, and CBR is pleased to share more than [em]one hundred[/em] screen shots of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers transforming into a hero.

Full article here.

Got a bunch of Dum Dum Dugan trailer caps at my blog: http://crakkajamma.blogspot.com/2011...ence-felt.html

This trailer reminds me of the Indiana Jones trilogy. They are both set during World War 2 and are similar in style. This is like watching the superhero version of Indiana Jones, with a cooler villain. It's a shame there will only be one set in this time period. But it will be cool to see the character come to the present and interact with Robert Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Hulk View Post
    This trailer reminds me of the Indiana Jones trilogy. They are both set during World War 2 and are similar in style.
    Well Joe was the art director for the original indy movies.

He also directered the Rocketeer.
    Cyclops ad portas

I think it works.
    Sean Fahey
    www.facebook.com/BlackJackPress
    Tall Tales from the Badlands - The critically acclaimed Western anthology
    http://graphicly.com/black-jack-pres...the-badlands/1

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Well Joe was the art director for the original indy movies.

He also directered the Rocketeer.
    I knew he worked on the original Star Wars films but I didn't know that he worked on Indiana Jones too.

I looked it up after I read your post. Joe Johnston won an Oscar for his work on Raiders of the Lost Ark.

After watching this trailer, I'm looking forward to this film more than the other comic book adaptions coming out this summer.

This trailer reminds me of the Indiana Jones trilogy. They are both set during World War 2 and are similar in style. This is like watching the superhero version of Indiana Jones, with a cooler villain. It's a shame there will only be one set in this time period. But it will be cool to see the character come to the present and interact with Robert Downey Jr.
    Yeah, Indiana Jones is what came to mind for me too. I like that this is a super hero movie but without the super powers. It's going to be a physical stunts driven action/adventure movie which is a much needed change of pace I think. I know they're doing the Avengers movie and all but frankly I'd rather see s series of Cap movies that stuck to that ethos rather than bring him to 2011 to fight the Skrull or whatever. These movies rely so heavily on CGI to do everything that it's refreshing to see an actual humans chasing each other on motorcycles.

Speaking of CGI, it cracks me up that this time they had to use CGI to make Chris Evans puny and it's the real guy that emerges from the super soldier tank. I don't know what they're feeding him and Chris Hemsworth but it couldn't be legal :)

This trailer reminds me of the Indiana Jones trilogy. They are both set during World War 2 and are similar in style.
    Just to clarify, none of the Indiana Jones films were set during World War II.

Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Just to clarify, none of the Indiana Jones films were set during World War II.
    Nazi's = WWII no matter the year. 1939 is when it went hot
    Cyclops ad portas

I... don't get this. Are you trying to say that WWII started in 1933?

Wait, what?

i'm saying audiences sees Nazis they think WWII.

I believe the period from 1934 until 1938 was , what one could call, mini cold war where the soon to be allies military intelligence where watching Germany grow in stronger and trying to get their superiors to get the ball rolling like Churchill was doing.
    Raiders and The Last Crusade fell perfectly into this.
    Cyclops ad portas

Yeah, but that period definitely wasn't a "world war".

This is not during WWII? Color me confused?