Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 467
  1. #1
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,014

    Default Upcoming Batman Collections

    http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Batman-Do...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4

    Tales of the Batman- Don Newton
    What Batman work did he do? Im not familiar with him.

    http://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Dark-Kn...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4
    Legends of The Dark Knight- Marshall Rogers. Was he the artist who worked with Englehart in the 70's?

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Mans-Lan...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4

    Batman No Man's Land Vol. 1 (New Edition)

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Noel-Lee...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4
    Batman: Noel

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Long-Hal...0744407&sr=1-1
    Batman: The Long Halloween (New Edition)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Exciting, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these. I may even pick up the No Man's Land collection and sell my old copies...

  3. #3
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    I wonder what the "new editions" are.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Zur-En-Arrh
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    An ogn written and drawn by Lee Bermejo? Saying I'm excited would be an understatement.

    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

  5. #5
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Legends of The Dark Knight- Marshall Rogers. Was he the artist who worked with Englehart in the 70's?
    Yes, he was.

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I wonder what the "new editions" are.
    I don't know about anything else, but No Man's Land vol 1 is listed at 544 pages. It sounds like it will be (part of) a complete collection.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 03-21-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  6. #6
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Tales of the Batman- Don Newton
    What Batman work did he do? Im not familiar with him.
    He worked with Doug Moench on the Batman & Detective titles at about the same time that Gene Colan did. Check out shaxper's Batman #300 & up reviews. (great artist, now deceased, unfortunately)

    Legends of The Dark Knight- Marshall Rogers. Was he the artist who worked with Englehart in the 70's?
    Yes, and he did other great work as well. This is evidently his work from LOTDK, hopefully including the excellent, until now uncollected "Siege" from 132-136.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  7. #7
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post


    I don't know about anything else, but No Man's Land vol 1 is listed at 544 pages. It sounds like it will be (part of) a complete collection.
    Didn't they also leave out various issues from other series in the original trades? could be a "complete" edition I guess

    but a 544 page book... damn, big for something considered normal and not an omnibus.

  8. #8
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    The prior collection was three volumes, I believe. The first two were actually Knightfall and the third was Knightsend (leaving out Knightquest, which came in between).

    Perhaps they are combining volumes 1 & 2?
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  9. #9
    Senior Member Theozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    The prior collection was three volumes, I believe. The first two were actually Knightfall and the third was Knightsend (leaving out Knightquest, which came in between).

    Perhaps they are combining volumes 1 & 2?
    Isn't it No Man's Land not Knightfall?

    Anyways, I probably have to get this (the paper quality better be higher quality than the original versions) and sell my older volumes.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 03-21-2011 at 08:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    Duh! It's past my bedtime.

    Well, in that case, NML was four volumes. So maybe they're combining the first two volumes of that.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  11. #11
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Duh! It's past my bedtime.

    Well, in that case, NML was four volumes.
    ...it was five

    go to bed

  12. #12
    Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Duh! It's past my bedtime.

    Well, in that case, NML was four volumes. So maybe they're combining the first two volumes of that.
    Five volumes, according to the list DC has on their web-site.

    Either way, glad they're re-packaging No Man's Land--I missed that one and could never get the trades because some of the volumes are out of print.

  13. #13
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    The last NML editions came up to five volumes, each around 200 pages. A lot was left out.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  14. #14
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    ...it was five

    go to bed
    What can I say? I was just going by memory. I have the originals. All of them. Including everything that was left out of the collections. And all of the tie-in books.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  15. #15
    Mad as a Hatter Ned McDodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fabletown
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Batman-Do...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4

    Tales of the Batman- Don Newton
    What Batman work did he do? Im not familiar with him.

    http://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Dark-Kn...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4
    Legends of The Dark Knight- Marshall Rogers. Was he the artist who worked with Englehart in the 70's?

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Mans-Lan...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4

    Batman No Man's Land Vol. 1 (New Edition)

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Noel-Lee...d=J7V9O7ZB0TV4
    Batman: Noel

    http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Long-Hal...0744407&sr=1-1
    Batman: The Long Halloween (New Edition)
    thanks for the links. Besides the long Halloween (which i already have), i'm interested in all of them
    Also my chance to finally collect the No Man's Land storyline.
    Likes: Astro City, Batman, JL Dark, American Vampire, Fables, Fairest, iZombie, Sandman, Chew, Empowered, Lady Mechanika, Locke & Key, Moriarty, Mudman, Reed Gunther, Skullkickers ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •