Page 297 of 334 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Brett closed her eyes. "No...it's too late. J-just...just focus on yourself right now."
    "No, they can't be" Galena whispered, as she looked up into the dark sky she silently started crying.

OOC: I just hope the injury to her throat doesn't permanently affect her ability to sing.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Ah. My thanks, Venerable Karafona. We will make good use of this."

"Speaking of names, I do not believe that I have introduced myself. I am Tabitha Kale. Pleased to meet you." She extended her hand with a pleasant smile accompanying it.
    "I'm honored to meet you, Lady Kale," Linne said and shook her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    As Dryden fell, he phased once more, letting the air pass through him like he wasn't even there. His weight was still there though, and it pulled him down quickly, causing him to accelerate faster than anything could by gravity alone. He reached out, drawing breath to shout for Viir to take his hand. Then the Margrave was gone. It happened so fast, and he couldn't tell how in the poor light. But simply fade with distance into the darkness, the Margrave's body did not. Dryden strained his senses, trying to find something, anything! As he did, he did hear something. It was the sound of a lot of water, smashing against itself and its embankments.

Oh.

There was no splash. No splattering of brain upon unforgiving rock. Not that he would have left any lasting impression upon the roiling face of the river. But one thought did fill his mind: Cold. Mind numbing, bone chilling, mercilessly gripping cold. The water had been icy enough after a full night, and thanks to his phased state it passed through every bit of him at once.

Of course that was all in hindsight. Right then, his thoughts would more aptly be described as:

KOLDCOLDCOLDYEARGHCOLDCOLDCOLDcoldcoldcold...

His powers did save him from drowning or being swept away by the current, but the flowing water did not linger to be warmed up. Every heartbeat brought with it water just as cold, like a liquid wind snatching away precious body heat. He had to get out, now. With a pitiful grunt, he forced himself out of the fetal ball he'd instinctively curled into and descended into the riverbed, making his way back up the cliff as fast as he could manage.

He emerged back on the hilltop bent over, shivering, breathing unsteadily and generally considerably less composed than he'd left it. A glint of yellow light caught his eye. Fire! Yes, yes, sweet, warm fire. He hurried over, nearly tripping over Brett as everything but the inviting flames blurred from his vision. He hunkered down as near as he dared and phased again, letting the waves of heat wash through him as he rubbed his arms urgently.
    Linne raised her eyebrows. "Where did you come from?"

"C-c-cold," he stated flatly as some sense returned to him, teeth chattering, "Suli--nnn, GaLEna, are they o- ok?"
    "They'll be just fine, don't worry." Linne took steaming cup from the fire and blew on it to cool it down somewhat. "Hm, you better had a sip of this as well. I'm not sure what happened to you but you look like you need it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Opening her eyes again, Galena struggles to get up off the ground...
    "Don't strain yourself," Linne said, handing the cup to her. "You had a close call. I know your throat probably hurts a lot, but take a mouthful of this and try to swallow it. It will help."
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Linne raised her eyebrows. "Where did you come from?"

"They'll be just fine, don't worry." Linne took steaming cup from the fire and blew on it to cool it down somewhat. "Hm, you better had a sip of this as well. I'm not sure what happened to you but you look like you need it."

"Don't strain yourself," Linne said, handing the cup to her. "You had a close call. I know your throat probably hurts a lot, but take a mouthful of this and try to swallow it. It will help."
    Looking up at the stranger, Galena tries to prop herself up enough to attempt to drink it. She was still in a lot of pain, but did manage to swallow small amount of the liquid. "Thank you." She said in a horse whisper.

Looking up at the stranger, Galena tries to prop herself up enough to attempt to drink it. She was still in a lot of pain, but did manage to swallow small amount of the liquid. "Thank you." She said in a horse whisper.
    The concoction tasted somewhat like a mixture of fire and strong, spicy tea. Galena felt a rushing heat through the core of her body and the pain faded somewhat.

"Your voice should return to normal soon enough, as long as you don't strain it," Linne said. She handed the cup to Dryden. "Just a sip will do. The safero will need to drink the rest."
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Pain, and a very great deal of it. That's what finally wakes Sulin, as her body and mind decide it's enough time hiding from the agony, and it's needful to start doing something about it. For herself, she'd rather just lie there unconcious, but one doesn't always get to choose such things. It starts with her leg, a hot spike of agony radiating up through her hips, sending burning threads through the sensitive nerves of her abdomen and back, and flowing fire up her ribs. Which brings her to the ache in her torso, the victim of a crushing blow from the commander that almost staved in her ribs.

But she can blink her eyes. She can open her mouth, taste the air. She can move her fingers. Sulin does all three.

Vision is a blurred mess. Bloody iron fills her mouth. The first thing of use she senses is with her fingers: the ground beneath her, a blanket atop her. Not dead, then. Not alone. Someone has survived.

Iron clears away a touch, and she tastes smoke. Fire. Blinking her eyes, she stares up into the dark sky. Perhaps, the Safero girl wonders woozily, she should be listening. But voices seem far away, the pain holding them at a distance...

Voices!

More than one has survived, it seems. Sulin slowly nods her head and tries to sit up. Unsurprisingly, the pain she thought could grow no more suddenly doubles; her gut clenches, her body hunches, and she rolls over to vomit her small breakfast away from the blanket. Gods above, could things get any worse?

Lying on her side, she decides not to move, figuring it smarter to use her ears to assess, hard as that seems at the moment.

The concoction tasted somewhat like a mixture of fire and strong, spicy tea. Galena felt a rushing heat through the core of her body and the pain faded somewhat.

"Your voice should return to normal soon enough, as long as you don't strain it," Linne said. She handed the cup to Dryden. "Just a sip will do. The safero will need to drink the rest."
    As the pain eased, Galena pushes herself up into a sitting position. Still shaky and a bit weak, her breathing was getting closer to normal though her throat was still inflamed. Looking around, she tried to see where everyone else was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Pain, and a very great deal of it. That's what finally wakes Sulin, as her body and mind decide it's enough time hiding from the agony, and it's needful to start doing something about it. For herself, she'd rather just lie there unconcious, but one doesn't always get to choose such things. It starts with her leg, a hot spike of agony radiating up through her hips, sending burning threads through the sensitive nerves of her abdomen and back, and flowing fire up her ribs. Which brings her to the ache in her torso, the victim of a crushing blow from the commander that almost staved in her ribs.

But she can blink her eyes. She can open her mouth, taste the air. She can move her fingers. Sulin does all three.

Vision is a blurred mess. Bloody iron fills her mouth. The first thing of use she senses is with her fingers: the ground beneath her, a blanket atop her. Not dead, then. Not alone. Someone has survived.

Iron clears away a touch, and she tastes smoke. Fire. Blinking her eyes, she stares up into the dark sky. Perhaps, the Safero girl wonders woozily, she should be listening. But voices seem far away, the pain holding them at a distance...

Voices!

More than one has survived, it seems. Sulin slowly nods her head and tries to sit up. Unsurprisingly, the pain she thought could grow no more suddenly doubles; her gut clenches, her body hunches, and she rolls over to vomit her small breakfast away from the blanket. Gods above, could things get any worse?

Lying on her side, she decides not to move, figuring it smarter to use her ears to assess, hard as that seems at the moment.
    "Awake now?" Linne asked. "Your leg is in bad shape but your life isn't in danger anymore. I've bound it with some glyphcloth that uses your own blood as a catalyst. You'll need to lie with your leg pointed south-west for a while but you should be able to walk with a crutch by noon."

Once Dryden had his share of the potion, Linne gave the cup to Sulin. "Drink this, all of it. It will lessen the shock and speed up your healing process somewhat."
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

As the pain eased, Galena pushes herself up into a sitting position. Still shaky and a bit weak, her breathing was getting closer to normal though her throat was still inflamed. Looking around, she tried to see where everyone else was.
    Looking down to the ground, Galena was able to find her healing crystal nearby. Holding it in her hand, she could sense that it was depleted but she couldn't generate enough psychic energy to restore it. Still, she held it tight in her left hand, hoping that her powers would come back online soon. Looking over to see Sulin, she tried to stand andcwalk over to her.

"Awake now?" Linne asked. "Your leg is in bad shape but your life isn't in danger anymore. I've bound it with some glyphcloth that uses your own blood as a catalyst. You'll need to lie with your leg pointed south-west for a while but you should be able to walk with a crutch by noon."

Once Dryden had his share of the potion, Linne gave the cup to Sulin. "Drink this, all of it. It will lessen the shock and speed up your healing process somewhat."

"Who?" Sulin croaks. She doesn't recognize the voice. And 'glyphcloth'? Which way is south-west? If nobody corrects her, she simply lays where she is, her fuzzy mind concluding that rolling sideways shouldn't have changed her orientation THAT much.

Magic, of course, rather than the technology of the Foretold.

If her leg will be sufficient enough to hobble about in...what, a half-day? A day? Is it night again? She can't tell...but in any case, that would be a load from her mind. Said load encompassing a great deal of pain, as well.

Though walking around with a crutch doesn't sound completely promising, she notes.

"Owe you," the Safero girl manages before the cup reaches her lips. It probably tastes foul. Sulin doesn't notice, her tongue already stained by bile and blood; even the most vile herbs would only help wash that nauseating mixture away. Her stomach rebels, but she fights against the heaves, barely keeping the liquid down.

"My thanks," she gasps, collapsing back onto her side, the cup held loosely in limp fingers.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Tabitha just grinned, nodding her head ever so slightly.

One day, you will do something amazing. I can feel it. When that time comes, I'll be watching. Do not squander whatever your potential brings, lest you forfeit it entirely.

Looking down to the ground, Galena was able to find her healing crystal nearby. Holding it in her hand, she could sense that it was depleted but she couldn't generate enough psychic energy to restore it. Still, she held it tight in her left hand, hoping that her powers would come back online soon. Looking over to see Sulin, she tried to stand andcwalk over to her.
    Brett helped her up. "Need a hand?"
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Brett helped her up. "Need a hand?"
    Nodding and smiling, Galena accepted Brett's help to stand up. Pointing to Sulin, she indicated that she wanted to go over to her.

Nodding and smiling, Galena accepted Brett's help to stand up. Pointing to Sulin, she indicated that she wanted to go over to her.
    "Gotcha. Let's take it slow." Brett said and supported her as they walked over to Sulin.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

"Who?" Sulin croaks. She doesn't recognize the voice. And 'glyphcloth'? Which way is south-west? If nobody corrects her, she simply lays where she is, her fuzzy mind concluding that rolling sideways shouldn't have changed her orientation THAT much.

If her leg will be sufficient enough to hobble about in...what, a half-day? A day? Is it night again? She can't tell...but in any case, that would be a load from her mind. Said load encompassing a great deal of pain, as well.

Though walking around with a crutch doesn't sound completely promising, she notes.

"Owe you," the Safero girl manages before the cup reaches her lips.
    "Not at all," Linne said. "Injuries are to be healed, pain is to be lessened. That is good enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Battered and bruised from his earlier participation, Noburo could only grimly make his way towards the nearby woods. What else could he do, for he had no medical experience aside from a few band-aids, and he definitely knew that he words would bring no one comfort. Thus, the only option left for the young man was to gather wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Joseph wandered off to see what he could scavenge or hunt from the surrounding area.
    Soon enough wood had been gathered to form a fairly large pile. Linne turned to the Fortold. "Some of you will have to lift the dead unto the pyre."
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

"Gotcha. Let's take it slow." Brett said and supported her as they walked over to Sulin.
    Making her way there with Brett's help, Galena sat back down on the ground next to Sulin.

"Owe you," the Safero girl manages before the cup reaches her lips. It probably tastes foul. Sulin doesn't notice, her tongue already stained by bile and blood; even the most vile herbs would only help wash that nauseating mixture away. Her stomach rebels, but she fights against the heaves, barely keeping the liquid down.

"My thanks," she gasps, collapsing back onto her side, the cup held loosely in limp fingers.
    A worried expression on her face as she looked over at Sulin. Holding up the healing crystal, Galena felt a small amount of power flowing into it. It may take time, but she wanted to be able to use it as soon as it was ready.