Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR PReviews SEGA's "Thor," "Captain America" Games

CBR News previewed SEGA's upcoming "Thor" and "Captain America" movie tie-in games and spoke with the developers about their goals in adapting Marvel's cinematic universe to the gaming screen.

Full article here.

They've yet to release a top notch tie in (Spider-Man 2 being the fine exception to the rule), Marvel games not based on the movie tend to be better, that being said I REALLY hope the Thor game at least is good, I like me some smack down and the trailer I saw wasn't all that shabby.

How much would you like a sandbox Iron Man game?

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

I hope Sega releases tie in versions on the iphone. That would be boss.

X-Men Origins Wolverine got it right.

SEGA didn't
    Winner of the 1st Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League
    Winner of the 2nd Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League

... costumes needed:
    Cap- 'Captain'/Agent outfit; "classic" silver-age outfit; bucky-cap outfit.

Thor- Simonson blue armor; classic Kirby outfit; King Thor outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... costumes needed:
    Cap- 'Captain'/Agent outfit; "classic" silver-age outfit; bucky-cap outfit.

Thor- Simonson blue armor; classic Kirby outfit; King Thor outfit.
    There have already been screen shots of Cap in the original. They were using those before the official release of the costume shots in EW, so I'm assuming it'll be in the game.

Although frankly, it's more important that the game doesn't suck.And really, what are the odds of that? Although the screens look good,
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Spider-Man 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (which was really only about half a movie tie-in) were exceptions to the "licensed game" rule.

I don't think "Sandbox" is the best answer to most superhero games. It works for Spider-Man, but Iron Man generally doesn't swoop down and beat up random muggers in the city, so the freewheeling "random encounter" and scattershot "non-linear plot/questing" aspects of most sandbox games wouldn't work as well with characters like Iron Man or Thor, IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Spider-Man 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (which was really only about half a movie tie-in) were exceptions to the "licensed game" rule.

I don't think "Sandbox" is the best answer to most superhero games. It works for Spider-Man, but Iron Man generally doesn't swoop down and beat up random muggers in the city, so the freewheeling "random encounter" and scattershot "non-linear plot/questing" aspects of most sandbox games wouldn't work as well with characters like Iron Man or Thor, IMO.
    Agreed. Although an Iron Man game with a sand-box like the Mercenary games would work. Have it in a big theater of war or something.