Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: C2E2: IDW's "Doctor Who" Goes Digital

The TARDIS touches down on the iPad today, courtesy of IDW. We spoke with Director of ePublishing Jeff Webber about the announcement at C2E2, which sees worldwide digital distribution for "Doctor Who" comics.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The TARDIS touches down on the iPad today, courtesy of IDW. We spoke with Director of ePublishing Jeff Webber about the announcement at C2E2, which sees worldwide digital distribution for "Doctor Who" comics.

Full article here.
    Great news! I've already downloaded the App and read an issue. Fun stuff!

I don't really go for digital comics, but the fact that IDW was able to go world wide with Who now is really great. I hope it gets a lot of new readers interested in Who, so good new all around.

To all the Who Fans, why do you like this show? I tried watching it but it is so campy and I don't know if the leads can actually act because they are always running down some long dark hall screaming at the top of their lungs. The villains look like something you would see on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The show is also said to be elite sci-fi fare, but can never be critized because of the "it's just a kid's show" card that fans of the show pull out whenever someone criticizes it.

Probably the same reasons why anyone else likes any other show; it's fun, the stories are good, the characters are likable, and the villains are varied and colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Probably the same reasons why anyone else likes any other show; it's fun, the stories are good, the characters are likable, and the villains are varied and colorful.
    Good enough. I thought that I wasn't being fair to the show if I only caught an episode here and there so I waited until the new Doctor came in and watched the whole season. I tend to give shows two seasons to hook me so I still plan to watch for one more season.

The new Doctor is a pretty good place to start, it fully embraces the fun of the genre and tends not to take itself too seriously. The ensemble cast really works well together and you get a good mix of some of the classic monsters and brand new ones as well. The last season was probably the best since the show came back on the air, at least in my opinion anyway, and with the episode by Neil Gaiman coming up this season the future is pretty bright.