Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Game On: Nate Simpson's "Nonplayer"

Writer/artist Nate Simpson spoke with CBR News about his upcoming series "Nonplayer" from Image Comics, his history in the world of video games, making the leap to sequential storytelling and more.

Full article here.

REALLY excited for this book. Image has been on fire as of late for me, so I'm hoping this book continues the trend.

oh damn it why did it have to be a non fantasy fantasy... ugh im so ticked off by the lack of some pure fantasy titles

and the worst part is this had me jizzing in my pants till the page where elf goes about korea...

and then you could literally see me facepalm with utter rage, cause i cant remember the last time something got me so happy and excited in the world of comics as the first few pages of this title did

so... yeah ill buy it for the art if for nothing else , dont look at this as a critique
    this is just my own grief with the modern fantasy being forcibly contemporarised...is that even a word??

its just that everyone who knows me knows that i really want to see more fantasy comics, its a genre that can be done gloriously well, as this comic shows it

so... count me in XD

I cannot wait for this book to come out! The artwork is gorgeous. I hope there are variant covers; I want as much art out of Nate Simpson as possible!

T4

This is a gargantuan level of work, the quality and level of difficulty doing everything single-handedly. i really hope this book does well and that he's able to do more independent work after this.

What the...?

I didn't follow this until recently and I'm definitely intrigued by it. The art looks gorgeous.

Buying the hell out of this.

I've been following this books progress on Facebook. The creator seems like a really thoughtful guy and I hope the book translates that consideration in the story-telling. The art is clearly top-notch...

This looks gorgeous, and I will be buying it. But I have a strange feeling this book will never be completed. The level of detail he is employing means a lot of time. And I immediately think of Xenozoic tales and how gorgeous Mark Schulz's work was on that and what happened to it. Maybe the comparison is not apt, but it's what comes to mind.

I hope I am wrong.

But Nate Simpson will draw a lot of attention with this book and will be pulled in a multitude of directions.

What talent though, eh?