Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: New "Daredevil" Creative Team Revealed at C2E2

Marvel has released a teaser image for the all-new "Daredevil" ongoing series promising the announcement of a brand new creative team at the helm. Marvel plans to reveal more during C2E2.

Full article here.

BANNED

Apparently it's Mark Waid. Don't get me wrong i love the guy, but I'd prefer him doing an actual superhero book, like taking over Avengers.

I'd have preferred a "noir" writer on DD. Like Brian Azzarello.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

awesome!

how long does it usually take for an announcment like this to turn into product being put out?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Per the "Big Shots" promos, Punisher #1 is due in June and Daredevil #1 in July.
    Expletive Deleted

Given Waid's awesome work with characters and storylines on The Flash back in the day -- basically the only time I've ever been interested in the character -- sounds great to me, if you're correct.

I think the gritty noir feel with Daredevil has gone about as far as it could go (arguably too far). Brubaker's run lost me midway through, frankly. I think a change in tone would be nice.

You don't think they'll actually make Daredevil a superhero again do you?

Unthinkable!

Given what they recently did with the punisher I reckon they want DD back in the mainstream again.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Apparently it's Mark Waid. Don't get me wrong i love the guy, but I'd prefer him doing an actual superhero book, like taking over Avengers.

I'd have preferred a "noir" writer on DD. Like Brian Azzarello.
    Where'd you hear that from? Not doubting you, just curious as to where the news came from.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Where'd you hear that from? Not doubting you, just curious as to where the news came from.
    Bleeding Cool posted it: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/...devil-in-july/

I'm pleasantly surprised. I loved Paolo Riveria's DD covers and the ASM issues he did. Hopefully they can turn this book around.

BANNED

I'm not disappointed, as Mark Waid is awesome. And i'll wait to see what he has in store, it's just strange to see Waid on a character like Daredevil.

And i really wanted him, or someone like him, to save the Avengers from Bendis.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatechop16 View Post
    Bleeding Cool posted it: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/...devil-in-july/

I'm pleasantly surprised. I loved Paolo Riveria's DD covers and the ASM issues he did. Hopefully they can turn this book around.
    Wow, that would be awesome if it turns out to be true. I love Mark and Paolo, plus I agree that DD has been way too depressing lately. If this team intends to do less dragging Matt through the mud and more good ole fashioned heroics I'm on board.

hmm could be interesting if it is Mark Waid. I only read his run on Flash but I haven't read any of his stuff on Marvel.

Also note the only good stories from before Daredevil became grim and gritty were when Black Widow was a co star and it was called Daredevil and Black Widow. Everything else is pretty dated and so far off from what the character is now. I really don't want to see Daredevil running around trying to act like Spider-man like when Joe Kelly was writing the title.

I'm definitely all for Paulo Rivera drawing this but...Waid? Maybe they're taking a much lighter approach to the character...or maybe Waid is actually capable of writing dark stuff too. His 'Incorruptible' stuff is pretty dark isn't it?

I'd rather have Rucka writing Daredevil, to be honest. Matt's always been most interesting to me when he was balancing being a lawyer and crimefighter. I think Rucka would do a great job of capturing the challenges with the legal process.

Default New Daredevil Creative Team Revealed at C2E2

I think Waid is a good choice in terms of bridging the gap between crime book and superhero book. He's well known for his superhero work and most people seem to think that's all his DAREDEVIL will be, but lets not forget that he wrote POTTER'S FIELD just a couple of years ago, a story that opened with this.

I have loved Paolo Rivera's work in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and his cover work for Marvel. He doesn't seem like the typical DD artist of recent years in the mold of Maleev or Lark but he should do a good job with this.
    EAT GLASS, LAWMAN!

Good at least this means they'll likely move away from the noir tone. I've said for quite awhile Daredevil needs to go back to swashbuckling adventurer.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!