Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: David Slade To Direct New "Daredevil"

The director behind "30 Days of Night" and "Twilight Saga: Eclipse" has been tapped by 20th Century Fox to resurrect Marvel Comics' "Daredevil" on screen in a film that's not quite a follow up to Ben Affleck's 2003 flick.

Full article here.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

I rule me.

Well I'm not surprised to read this but I'm a little annoyed with 20th Century Fox. Yes I think it's a smart decision for them to try and hold onto a potentially lucrative frachise I also think they made a B-A-D choice their first time in allowing Mark Steven Johnson's ineptitude as a director to usher DD to the big screen.

Their current choice is a VAST improvement but I'm still not sure they know what they're doing. Fantastic Four was a creative turd, Ghost Rider was a repeat mess of DD complete with the same inept director and I think they've botched so many opportunities with their X-Men films.

I'm very much looking forward to Marvel getting these properties back in their own hands someday.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Well I'm not surprised to read this but I'm a little annoyed with 20th Century Fox. Yes I think it's a smart decision for them to try and hold onto a potentially lucrative frachise I also think they made a B-A-D choice their first time in allowing Mark Steven Johnson's ineptitude as a director to usher DD to the big screen.

Their current choice is a VAST improvement but I'm still not sure they know what they're doing. Fantastic Four was a creative turd, Ghost Rider was a repeat mess of DD complete with the same inept director and I think they've botched so many opportunities with their X-Men films.

I'm very much looking forward to Marvel getting these properties back in their own hands someday.
    Marvel has the money to do so just depends on Marvel taking the initiative in getting their properties back.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Wha?Say What!?
    Dan DiDio RUINED Transformers Forever

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...scap2ar0-3.png

Space is disease and danger wrapped in silence and darkness.

I find it weird that the same guy who directed one of the most brutal vampire movies ever also directed a Twilight film.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

My hopes for a rebooted franchise just committed suicide with a '45'.

Daredevil just doesn't need a movie. There was nothing wrong with the 2003 version except for the characters and story it was based on.

But I AM jonesin' for a new FF movie, hopefully strongly influenced by Jonathan Hickman's run, to get moving! Viva la CGI Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_ View Post
    Daredevil just doesn't need a movie. There was nothing wrong with the 2003 version except for the characters and story it was based on.

Haahaaaa! I hope that was meant to be funny, cause I'm taking it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Marvel has the money to do so just depends on Marvel taking the initiative in getting their properties back.
    Yeah. I for the life of me can't understand why Disney/Marvel didn't immediately buyout all of the licenses after the deal.

I mean I can think of one reason, that being that if somebody else makes it they get a piece of the profits for basically doing nothing. Then again, if they keep letting other people tarnish their properties, they'll lose value with mainstream consumers.

I'm actually a little more hopeful is this new DD get off the ground. IMO I loved 30 Days of Night and while I hate Twilight, the fight scenes in Eclipse were very well done and exciting. I remain optimistic for this reboot.

Although, part of me feels that Daredevil could work better as a television series with the dark criminal drama it is. It could be a Law and Order or Southland but with superheroes instead.

Yikes! But it cannot be any worse than the Affleck one.

the filthy nasty dirty south...Baton Rouge, Louisiana...aka the hellmouth

Ya know, I read the thread title as "David Spade to direct new Daredevil"

Can't wait for a new Daredevil. The original was a fun movie. Not the greatest, but at least entertaining.
    SMK

Words of Wisdom by John Kerry,
    "It's like if Franklin Roosevelt invaded Mexico after Pearl Harbor" :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Pizawle View Post
    Probably wont. Yet it helps to have low expectations for the film. Might end up enjoying it that way
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    I find it weird that the same guy who directed one of the most brutal vampire movies ever also directed a Twilight film.
    That's why it will work..

Quote Originally Posted by Pizawle View Post
    ...see ?

but 30 DAYS OF NIGHT is a good reason enough to me, I'm actually convinced Slade is a talented director and this is one of the best things that could happened for the character on screen, and for comics heroes adaptatios as well; the BATMAN' franchise by Christopher Nolan is certainly for a lot into this, and Snyder driving the next SUPERMAN adaption a definitive proof that producers realized to not mess with the comics audience...

(somebody just explain to me how the hell they succeed to f...up JONAH HEX ???)
    Last edited by ian33407; 03-15-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future