Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Pipeline - Mar 15, 2011

It's a slow week in comics, but Augie pieces together some thoughts on DC's June solicits, the timing of the "Flashpoint" push, unfinished comics projects and the lack of a Nathan Fillion for "Powers" campaign.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The first volume of the "The New Teen Titans Omnibus" hardcover series is promising. It has the first 16 issues of the classic Marv Wolfman and George Perez run in there. That's 464 pages for $75. Isn't that an awful lot of pages for that number of issues, though?
    Standard DC books in the early 1980s usually had 25 pages of story (occasionally as many as 27, when LoC/text pages were tossed to make room). 16 issues plus covers plus the 16 page preview easily gets up into the mid-400s, even without any filler material or introductory text (or blank pages to maintain all those gorgeous Perez two-page layouts).

I'm not sure you've really seen much of Frazier Irving's work if that's how you're describing it.

Default Frazer Irving

While I have to agree that Augie doesn't accurately describe how Frazer Irving produces his artwork, you both spell his name incorrectly. (not Fraser, not Frazier) For details on how he produces his art check out his blog http://frazerirving.blogspot.com

There's no denying that Nathan Fillion is awesome, but I think nerd-dom collectively knows that he's not the right fit for Christian Walker. Especially if they actually do the no-brainer casting that is "Starbuck for Pilgrim". Besides, it would mean the end of Castle, and who wants that?

But that doesn't mean I don't think it would be awesome to get him in as a guest star. Remember in the beginning of the series, when Warren Ellis showed up for a ride-along? Well, what if they were to adapt that issue as an episode, but instead of Warren Ellis, you get "Richard Castle"? It would be one of the most meta, and thoroughly awesome moments in television. Especially if he were to mention it on his own show as a "really weird dream" or something, to keep the continuity nazis away.

Frazer Irving's art is fantastic when he's on form - Like in Iron Man: Inevitable. Glorious!

You know I think David Borazniazniaz might be good casting for Christian Walker. He's got the right kind of build and booding intensity - and would make a good butt for Dana Pilgrim's jokes.

For Dana Pilgrim... how about Chloe from Smallville?

I loved Frazier's work on the Inhumans mini, Silent War, and the Klarion part of 7 Soldiers. I've been considering getting more DC stuff just because he's drawn it. Nice guy too! I got a nice colored sketch from him of Medusa at SDCC a few years ago (can't seem to find a pic at the moment).

It may not be your cup of tea (not mine either) but the Ditko Omni is interesting, as is the last(?) Sandman absolute.

I'm in for:

JACK OF FABLES VOL. 9: THE END TP
    GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS VOL. 1 HC
    XOMBI #4 (maybe)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!