Page 194 of 202 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3022

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    LOL! Well, that certainly makes me feel better about that cape Epting put Namor in. I do love that last panel on the first page. That's a great Namor smirk.

Though, really. Namor should know better than to eat or drink anything there. Persephone IS a Greco-Roman myth.

He's definitely the portrait of arrogant man. I just hope the dialogue lives up to that smirk.
    Indeed.

Yeah, I was thinking nannites.

Though, we could get into some ridiculous Spy VS Spy stuff here.
    1. Namor, knowing T'challa will probably try to sneak him some delayed action nannites (explains the dickish ROARING FIRE to dehydrate him), comes prepared with a counter nanite infestation that will auto immune those invaders.
    2. T'challa, figuring Namor will have counter nanites, loads up a heat activated aerosol delivered nanites that will target the auto-immune nanites Namor came with.
    3. Namor, knowing T'challa will know he came prepared with an andidote and will have a secondary attack, comes in with special semi-permable, invisible skin layer, made of unstable molecules that are activated by alchol that will filter out any invading nanites.
    4. And so on. LOL!
    LOL...I love the way you think. And knowing Hickman, he probably would do something like that. I won't be getting my copies of 1 and 2 until late January, but I'm looking forward to NA.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Well, it looks like Hickman is going for that fallout, head on! Which I, for one, am happy to see. Too many great plot threads for Namor have been left unresolved and forgotten. I want to see Namor and Tony go at it.

Don't get me started on the X-Office and where the heck is Namor! I'm so mad we haven't even gotten a WORD about him. If I don't get a scene with him and Emma I'm going to be seriously miffed.
    I here Ya Rheged. The way Namor has been handled by the X-Team has really put me add odds with them. I also get the feeling that Hichkmans book will be much of the same of what we saw in Uncanny. Which is why I'll probably just wait for the trade this go around. Really not interested in reading Black Panther and his amazing friends every month.

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    Indeed.

LOL...I love the way you think. And knowing Hickman, he probably would do something like that. I won't be getting my copies of 1 and 2 until late January, but I'm looking forward to NA.
    You are too kind, but I'm sure Hickman would do something immensely cooler. Lion In Winter is one of my favorite movies. And Road Runner. So, yes, I can get a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I here Ya Rheged. The way Namor has been handled by the X-Team has really put me add odds with them. I also get the feeling that Hichkmans book will be much of the same of what we saw in Uncanny. Which is why I'll probably just wait for the trade this go around. Really not interested in reading Black Panther and his amazing friends every month.
    This could be an issue, but from what I've read of Hickman, he'll spread the love around. And since it's the Illuminati, I think there will be less "friends" and more bickering -- which will also keep things interesting.

Well, like I was telling aNamored, short of stupid cameos (I'm looking at you Remender) and out right jobbery (I'm looking at you Immonen), Namor is a strongly delineated character who is almost always entertaining. Plus, we've seen Hickman's Namor and he's pretty impressive.

Unlike Gillen, Hickman's not going to focus on Namor's sex appeal, but should be giving us the calculating king, who pulled the wool over the eyes of Susan and the Old Atlanteans. The warrior who can out do anyone when it comes to the 'Braveheart' battle speech.

Plus, there's no way we aren't going to see the fallout, or even the war itself, with Wakanda!
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-22-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Honestly I am not necessarily a fan of equal spread. Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt and Dr. Strange should get the bulk seeing as they are exclusive.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Honestly I am not necessarily a fan of equal spread. Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt and Dr. Strange should get the bulk seeing as they are exclusive.
    Actually, I think Hickman said something similar, though for the Avengers. In general, I agree with you, but it's kind of tough to say with the New Avengers. It's the team dynamic that makes it work for me. I want to see Namor snark at Tony, and other things.

Of course, Black Panther and Black Bolt are going to get their own stories, Hickman has already set that up. I don't think Tony and Reed will, cause, as you said, they have their own books -- though clearly he has a liking for them and has stuff set up with SHIELD. Namor and Strange are the ones that we really haven't heard much about, except for the Wakanda stuff. And that's obviously going to favor Wakanda, given what Hickman has said.

But what I want to see is a specific storyline for both Namor and Strange where they get to shine, and not just prop up the rest of the Illuminati. And goodness knows, it isn't like both of them don't have TONS of history and dangling plots that could be picked up.

For Namor, I'd like to see something tied to the Serpent Crown or pre-Catacylsmic Atlantis. Maybe even Hickman's Old Atlantis, which I felt was glossed over.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Actually, I think Hickman said something similar, though for the Avengers. In general, I agree with you, but it's kind of tough to say with the New Avengers. It's the team dynamic that makes it work for me. I want to see Namor snark at Tony, and other things.

Of course, Black Panther and Black Bolt are going to get their own stories, Hickman has already set that up. I don't think Tony and Reed will, cause, as you said, they have their own books -- though clearly he has a liking for them and has stuff set up with SHIELD. Namor and Strange are the ones that we really haven't heard much about, except for the Wakanda stuff. And that's obviously going to favor Wakanda, given what Hickman has said.

But what I want to see is a specific storyline for both Namor and Strange where they get to shine, and not just prop up the rest of the Illuminati. And goodness knows, it isn't like both of them don't have TONS of history and dangling plots that could be picked up.

For Namor, I'd like to see something tied to the Serpent Crown or pre-Catacylsmic Atlantis. Maybe even Hickman's Old Atlantis, which I felt was glossed over.
    Both of those latter ideas would be wonderful. I hope he gets into some magicial areas too. I know Hickman is more of a science-minded writer, but covering the magic would be really neat too. I hope he does that.

I want Namor and Strange to figure prominently in this book since they are nowhere else right now.

If it does become Black Panther and friends, I won't last past the first arc.

I'm barely making it by Christmas but I am! I hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends. Mine has been interesting to say the least. But in the holiday spirit, I'm digging out one the few Christmas pages with Namor. An ILLUMINATI CHRISTMAS!

I love Namor saving the holiday as King of All Snowball Throwers! LOL!

I'm barely making it by Christmas but I am! I hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends. Mine has been interesting to say the least. But in the holiday spirit, I'm digging out one the few Christmas pages with Namor. An ILLUMINATI CHRISTMAS!

I love Namor saving the holiday as King of All Snowball Throwers! LOL!
    LOLOLOLOL. Oh man, laughing so hard. Thank you, Rheged. By Nepturne's Neither Regions....that's almost as funny as the Iron Reindeer (who wants a drink.)

LOLOLOLOL. Oh man, laughing so hard. Thank you, Rheged. By Nepturne's Neither Regions....that's almost as funny as the Iron Reindeer (who wants a drink.)
    I know! Just a bit of Christmas fun!

Both of those latter ideas would be wonderful. I hope he gets into some magicial areas too. I know Hickman is more of a science-minded writer, but covering the magic would be really neat too. I hope he does that.

I want Namor and Strange to figure prominently in this book since they are nowhere else right now.

If it does become Black Panther and friends, I won't last past the first arc.
    Well, I imagine, from what we've seen, the first arc is going to have plenty of Black Panther, as he discovers the threat / it happens in Wakanda. But he seems to be moving the plot along pretty quickly, so I expect we'll branch out after that.

Yes, I'm really curious how Hickman is going to handle the magic stuff. We got a hint in the shortened Parliament of Dooms in F4, so I'm looking forward to seeing more with Strange.

Happy New Year!

Here's hoping 2013 is better for all of us and Namor!

And to start the year right, a lovely piece of Namor art made by X-boards own Dr. Sonic! Besides being an awesome portrayal, this piece is not drawn, but made from cut pieces of paper!

Check out more of his work on his tumblr:

http://docgold13.tumblr.com/

Happy New Year!

I contribute this wonderful piece.
    (No context needed for enjoyment.)

After a showstopping 2012, I hope he continues to roam the world, take what he wants, smirk a lot and just be playful.
    Last edited by Λ ΛΛ Λ; 01-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Happy New Year!

I contribute this wonderful piece.
    (No context needed for enjoyment.)

After a showstopping 2012, I hope he continues to roam the world, take what he wants, smirk a lot and just be playful.
    LOL! Can't go wrong with some cracktastic Golden Age Namor. And yes! I'm hoping for more of that from Namor this year. Though I'm not sure how much playfulness will be allowed in NA, but it's hard to keep Namor's wicked sense of humor down.

Speaking of ...

I'm stealing Filthy Mutie's panel from today's New Avengers #1. Which was disappointing, as far as Namor appearances. Here's the preview image, with BP praying. Namor's now 'the devil."

And the final page:

The X-boards are voting on which character will be the lucky recipient of a whole week of focus and Namor is one of the candidates! He's doing well, right now, though that will probably change next week. But feel free to stop by and vote for him:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...lebration-Week

EDITED for new link
    Last edited by Rheged; 01-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.

BANNED

NAMOR FANS.

don't forget to vote for the SUB-MARINER in the x-celebration week contest!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...lebration-Week

atlantis will remember its friends in the end.
    Last edited by AcesX1X; 01-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.