Page 193 of 202 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3022

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Emma's hair especially looks great. But I love that extra level of meaning you get from Goya's original. And Namor borne off by Emma and Cyke, of course. LOL!

Yes, they could have done so much more with the P5. Heck they could have done the whole event on them! But actually, not in an event. I've come to the realization that events are going to be simplified and aimed at the lowest common denominator, to grab the sales. Something like this would have been a great arc or two in Gillen's Uncanny.
    You're totally right about future events being simpletonish. It's the nature of the corporate beast, and Marvel doesn't look like it's going to stop pumping them out in near future. This trend reminds me of the 90's.

Gillen said in some interview that he'd have a year's worth of Phoenix Five rebuilding and making world a better place (with dark traits seeping in), but he didn't have the time. His and Hickman's (+ pretty Coipel/Martin combo) output was the only good thing to come out of AvX fiasco (which was just editorially driven vehicle), as far as I'm concerned.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Oh cool! Always happy to see another Namor shirt. Thanks for posting that!

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    You're totally right about future events being simpletonish. It's the nature of the corporate beast, and Marvel doesn't look like it's going to stop pumping them out in near future. This trend reminds me of the 90's.

Gillen said in some interview that he'd have a year's worth of Phoenix Five rebuilding and making world a better place (with dark traits seeping in), but he didn't have the time. His and Hickman's (+ pretty Coipel/Martin combo) output was the only good thing to come out of AvX fiasco (which was just editorially driven vehicle), as far as I'm concerned.
    This makes me weep. Almost as much as hearing that Gillen pitched for the Namor book and didn't get it. It would have been an EPIC year of stories. <shakes fist at Marvel editorial>

I have to say, all the times I heard the editorial go on and on about the Phoenix being too complicated, I kept thinking, WTF? So many of those Phoenix stories were on the NEWSSTAND. They were aimed at "kids!" Did we all get dumber? Are "kids" dumber now? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-11-2012 at 11:37 PM.

I found this on tumblr. It was labeled, Namor the Dream Crusher. lol

http://starboy1701.tumblr.com/post/3...-dream-crusher

Beat that, Erik!

This makes me weep. Almost as much as hearing that Gillen pitched for the Namor book and didn't get it. It would have been an EPIC year of stories. <shakes fist at Marvel editorial>

I have to say, all the times I heard the editorial go on and on about the Phoenix being too complicated, I kept thinking, WTF? So many of those Phoenix stories were on the NEWSSTAND. They were aimed at "kids!" Did we all get dumber? Are "kids" dumber now? I don't think so.
    Gillen pitched for Namor book and it didn't get greenlit? That's a bummer. His Namor drew circles around other UXM characters pretty effortlessly. Giving that bad boy solo would've been pretty cool. Did he pitch it before or after Moore's take?

I definitely agree with you on would be epicness of that year of stories. Add Coipel to Gillen, mix it and you get perfection. But we can't have nice things when profit's the only goal.

Yes to the Phoenix being dumbed down! It isn't at all complicated for those who know how to read. Phoenix isn't cosmic cocaine (AvX take), and Phoenix 5 were editorially painted as bad phoenix from the start when they got red, gold and black costumes, signifying fall to the ultimate passion side and burning it all down, not to mention that you have to die to "receive" the Phoenix, which they didn't. It was such a clusterfuck, especially "No more Phoenix." Ugh.
    ohsnapulon5000

Beat that, Erik!
    Indeed! That's another thing I wish they'd continued and done more with. The interactions between Namor and Magneto, that Fraction started. Though, they completely ignored that time they met, where Magneto kidnapped Lady Dorma AND Susan Richards. I wonder if they reconciled or something later, during my hiatus from comics? I remember they sort of met again in the Black Panther book, when Magneto was running Genosha.

Gillen pitched for Namor book and it didn't get greenlit? That's a bummer. His Namor drew circles around other UXM characters pretty effortlessly. Giving that bad boy solo would've been pretty cool. Did he pitch it before or after Moore's take?
    My understanding is it was for Namor The First Mutant, that Moore got. Gillen wrote The Judgement of Namor short story for The Cabal one shot around that time, so I think his Namor would have been something like this. More than what we saw in UXM, though his Namor there was entertaining.

http://namor-daily.livejournal.com/52571.html

One of my favorite panels / lines was this one:

At one time, Gillen said he had some ideas for a Namor ongoing on the backburner, but the last time he was asked about a Namor ongoing, he said no. I'm guessing Young Avengers and perhaps Noh-Vahrr are taking up his attention.

I definitely agree with you on would be epicness of that year of stories. Add Coipel to Gillen, mix it and you get perfection. But we can't have nice things when profit's the only goal.

Yes to the Phoenix being dumbed down! It isn't at all complicated for those who know how to read. Phoenix isn't cosmic cocaine (AvX take), and Phoenix 5 were editorially painted as bad phoenix from the start when they got red, gold and black costumes, signifying fall to the ultimate passion side and burning it all down, not to mention that you have to die to "receive" the Phoenix, which they didn't. It was such a clusterfuck, especially "No more Phoenix." Ugh.
    Exactly. And I loved how they thought tacking on the whole Iron Fist / K'un L'un mythos to the Phoenix was supposed to make it simpler. WTF? Ah well. It's done with now.

My toes are curling at the thought of Gillen and Copiel doing that year of P5 stories! I would LOVE to see Gillen get a roster of artists like Bendis. He and McKelvie are perfect for Young Avengers, but I'd really love to see him do other Marvel stuff consistently with someone other than Land or the musical chair of artists he got in Uncanny. Though, we did get one Dustin Weaver issue of awesomeness from that merry go round.

Cry, little CatMan. Cry, while Namor drinks wine.
    ohsnapulon5000

Looooooool namor is the man

LOL! Well, that certainly makes me feel better about that cape Epting put Namor in. I do love that last panel on the first page. That's a great Namor smirk.

Though, really. Namor should know better than to eat or drink anything there. Persephone IS a Greco-Roman myth.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Looooooool namor is the man
    He's definitely the portrait of arrogant man. I just hope the dialogue lives up to that smirk.

Yeah really not sure drinking that is smart.

Still I suppose Namor assumes that if T'Challa wants to poison him or add nanites, he will find a way.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah really not sure drinking that is smart.

Still I suppose Namor assumes that if T'Challa wants to poison him or add nanites, he will find a way.
    Yeah, I was thinking nannites.

Though, we could get into some ridiculous Spy VS Spy stuff here.
    1. Namor, knowing T'challa will probably try to sneak him some delayed action nannites (explains the dickish ROARING FIRE to dehydrate him), comes prepared with a counter nanite infestation that will auto immune those invaders.
    2. T'challa, figuring Namor will have counter nanites, loads up a heat activated aerosol delivered nanites that will target the auto-immune nanites Namor came with.
    3. Namor, knowing T'challa will know he came prepared with an andidote and will have a secondary attack, comes in with special semi-permable, invisible skin layer, made of unstable molecules that are activated by alchol that will filter out any invading nanites.
    4. And so on. LOL!

I cannot Wait for this book to begin. I gotta see what the fall out from AvX between them will be like and Hickman is just the man for the job. I kinda wanted Namor to end up back with Cyclops, but I guess his main plot point with Emma is kinda over. I do wonder how much hes learned whilst being on the X-side and fully embracing his mutant side. I also can't wait to see Beast and Namor get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I cannot Wait for this book to begin. I gotta see what the fall out from AvX between them will be like and Hickman is just the man for the job. I kinda wanted Namor to end up back with Cyclops, but I guess his main plot point with Emma is kinda over. I do wonder how much hes learned whilst being on the X-side and fully embracing his mutant side. I also can't wait to see Beast and Namor get into it.
    Well, it looks like Hickman is going for that fallout, head on! Which I, for one, am happy to see. Too many great plot threads for Namor have been left unresolved and forgotten. I want to see Namor and Tony go at it.

Don't get me started on the X-Office and where the heck is Namor! I'm so mad we haven't even gotten a WORD about him. If I don't get a scene with him and Emma I'm going to be seriously miffed.

I found this on tumblr. It was labeled, Namor the Dream Crusher. lol

http://starboy1701.tumblr.com/post/3...-dream-crusher
    LOLOLOL... that's hilarious.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...