Page 192 of 202 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3022

Another New Avengers cover, a J. Scott Campbell variant for #1. He draws a pretty sleek Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Not to worry. Namor will be trolling Beast also. And Iron Man. It's a trio of trolling! It will be awesome.

Heheh ... tickling Beast.

Seashells was Hickman too! Someone else asked about Namor's new powers, and he said that. LOL!
    LOLOLOL at Iron Man getting whupped...oh my god, this is going to be a lot more fun than I imagined it would be. I guess the lesson with Hickman is don't ask about powers and/or relationships. I really hope some of that humor comes through in the book. Poor Stephen is going to be up a creek trying to keep three other members from attempting to give Namor what for, especially once Cap disappears.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Not to worry. Namor will be trolling Beast also. And Iron Man. It's a trio of trolling! It will be awesome.

God I loved Namor and hated Beast in that scene, seriously, Beasts excuse is I want to be able to sleep well at night so I'm just gonna go and abandon my people to everyone in the world that wants to kill them.... gee, is it any wonder people can't stand Beast nowadays.

On the other hand, three cheers for Namor Trolling and telling it as it is!!!!! Heres to it never ending!!!
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Oh my goodness, Yanapryde! That's gorgeous! It could be a cover. Love the composition and every one is perfect! And Namor looks like he's having fun! Namor's scales, the scroll work on Magik's arm and the details on Danger are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    LOLOLOL at Iron Man getting whupped...oh my god, this is going to be a lot more fun than I imagined it would be. I guess the lesson with Hickman is don't ask about powers and/or relationships. I really hope some of that humor comes through in the book. Poor Stephen is going to be up a creek trying to keep three other members from attempting to give Namor what for, especially once Cap disappears.
    I asked Hickman about that ... and it sounds like you are right! Dr. Strange is going to have his hands full. And yes! That clash with Tony at the Illuminati meeting was BEFORE Civil War -- before Tony ordered the assassination of the Atlantean ambassador and led the blockade of Atlantis that ended up with the city destroyed. There's definitely no love lost there, even before AvX.

The Illuminati books tend to be snarky, as you can imagine. And as many a writer has discovered, Namor is one of the funniest guys in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial90 View Post
    God I loved Namor and hated Beast in that scene, seriously, Beasts excuse is I want to be able to sleep well at night so I'm just gonna go and abandon my people to everyone in the world that wants to kill them.... gee, is it any wonder people can't stand Beast nowadays.

On the other hand, three cheers for Namor Trolling and telling it as it is!!!!! Heres to it never ending!!!
    I'm certainly going to enjoy while I can. :)

Yeah, the X-Office has been pretty merciless with Beast. He went from one of the most liked X-Men back in the day, to one of the most hated.

Oh my goodness, Yanapryde! That's gorgeous! It could be a cover. Love the composition and every one is perfect! And Namor looks like he's having fun! Namor's scales, the scroll work on Magik's arm and the details on Danger are amazing.

I asked Hickman about that ... and it sounds like you are right! Dr. Strange is going to have his hands full. And yes! That clash with Tony at the Illuminati meeting was BEFORE Civil War -- before Tony ordered the assassination of the Atlantean ambassador and led the blockade of Atlantis that ended up with the city destroyed. There's definitely no love lost there, even before AvX.

The Illuminati books tend to be snarky, as you can imagine. And as many a writer has discovered, Namor is one of the funniest guys in the MU.

I'm certainly going to enjoy while I can. :)

Yeah, the X-Office has been pretty merciless with Beast. He went from one of the most liked X-Men back in the day, to one of the most hated.

Yanapride that is a lovely illustration.

Rheged thank you for the info about the Stark smackdown. I'm not up on events and haven't read many team books, so now that I know there is a long brewing mutual no likey clause between Namor and Tony, I can't wait. Yes, Namor seems like an absolute blast to write. How could you not want to write a character like him? All the wonderful little barbs and snark you can fling forth... just lovely.

I'm surprised at Beast's turn myself (then again, outside of a few issues of Gillen's Uncanny X-Men, I'm lost when it comes to X-Men beyond Scott's rebellion now.) It is true to Hank's character though. Namor is so on point, I'd hate beast too.

Which makes me think, okay there are two mutants on the Illuminati that are on many people's poo lists now (meaning Marvel U characters), the possibilities for conflict both internal and external are endless. I do have a strange feeling current Beast will die somewhere in these books and not from his mutation.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    In case Rheged missed it...

lmao! thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    lmao! thats great.
    Isn't it? I've got to start collecting material like this for my future Namor thread on the X-boards. Even if he's no longer on the X-Roster, I think X-fans would like to know he's keeping it real for the X-side.

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    Newish Namor fan, but not quite new to these boards. Decided to reboot myself.

Glad this thread is here. I look forward to posting here and in the Avengers forum for the Pro-Namor/Atlantean cause.
    Welcome, aNamored! Great name.

And yes, I forsee plenty of ... discussions where Namor fans will have "explain" things to comic fans who just don't appreciate the awesomeness of Atlantis' monarch.

I'm really excited by what I've read in Jonathan Hickman's interviews and in his Q & A session on the Avengers board. Going to be some mighty interesting times next year.

The Order series is on sale on Comixology's Marvel Monday .99 sale today. Of course, this includes The Order #7, an all Namor issue.

This is an odd little issue, mostly of talking heads, as you can see below. In it, Fraction has Namor just out right lying a few times, as you can see below, which he normally doesn't do, especially about his parents. I found the ending weak, like Namor would even believe that to be the case, but then again, I don't get WHY Namor is turning himself in the first place? He's just scattered his people, after the Iron Man led invasion of Atlantis, and this, if any time, is when they need him the most. It really makes no sense to me, but it was an entertaining to read Namor just go off on poor Henry Hellrung and just about everybody. Well worth .99. Oh, and Barry Kitson art.

Namor also appears in the last page of The Order #6, but I think I have that page somewhere ... will post it when I find it.

Also, nothing to do with Namor, but Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts run is also on sale for .99 / issue, and it is AWESOME.

Whoops. I'm sorry, it's TWO pages at the end of The Order #6.

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    I really do hope there will be a Namor thread in the X-Boards despite him being on an Avengers-only-in-name-team.

Bring on those conversations!!!

Jonathan seems to really like Namor and I'm really looking forward to seeing where he and Steve Epting take the character and the Illuminati in the book Hickman feels is his most important.

Off to buy those Order issues and T-Bolts 110 and then finally starting Saga of the Sub-Mariner.

Looking forward to some good reads tonight.
    I'm HOPING we'll get some news in tomorrow's All New X-Men of Namor and his status with the X-Men. I think this is the issue dealing with the P5.

Hickman has said before that Namor was one of his top ten favorites, but most folks that write Namor like him. He's always great to add a bit of conflict to any scene / story. I equally thrilled that he's in a book that Hickman seems really hyped on.

I caved and bought the Thunderbolts along with the Order issues. They are so good! Enjoy your reading!

A vs X Goya Homage

Ahmazing execution.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

My God. That is GORGEOUS! And so perfect! I'm just stunned. What a great hommage to Witches in the Air.

I'm also seriously miffed we didn't see something like this in AvX.

THANK YOU for sharing!

You're welcome, Rheged.

Yeah, AvX had so much potential with P5, but it couldn't end well when editor thinks Phoenix is like cosmic cocaine.
    It's just visually arresting, especially the flames.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    You're welcome, Rheged.

Yeah, AvX had so much potential with P5, but it couldn't end well when editor thinks Phoenix is like cosmic cocaine.
    It's just visually arresting, especially the flames.
    Emma's hair especially looks great. But I love that extra level of meaning you get from Goya's original. And Namor borne off by Emma and Cyke, of course. LOL!

Yes, they could have done so much more with the P5. Heck they could have done the whole event on them! But actually, not in an event. I've come to the realization that events are going to be simplified and aimed at the lowest common denominator, to grab the sales. Something like this would have been a great arc or two in Gillen's Uncanny.