Page 191 of 202 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3022

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I almost think it'd be cool if there was a movie and Namor was portrayed by a hot Asian actor. I actually thought Namor was Asian when I first saw him in the comics. He could certainly pass as one.
    You aren't alone in that thought. Daniel Dae Kim has said he'd like to play Namor. And I stumbled across this quote from John Byrne when I was hunting The Look panels.

Quote Originally Posted by John Byrne
    Can't say how much intent there was, since I didn't ask! But as a kid I got a
    "Chinese" sense from how Jack drew Namor, and whenever I have drawn the
    character, I have tried to play to that.
    http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...253&PN=0&TPN=2

Which reminded me, there's an actor in this year's taiga drama, playing one of the Japanese emperors, who I've been eyeballing as a Namor possibility. He's definitely got the arrogance down, and the intensity ... and the sexy -- plus the eyebrows! He doesn't have the build, though I'm sure he could work out. I'll try to find some pictures tomorrow, but his name is Matsuda Shota.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    And yes! That's exactly the type of book Defenders Indefensible is.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

So nice to see a non serious Defenders moment from DeMatteis! And Keith Giffen ....I have to track this down eventually.

Poor Stephen... I hope Hickman does something like this every once in awhile with Namor and Black Panther.

Thanks for the info on Bunn, Rheged. I did like his Cap and Namor one shot. I certainly appreciate that he cares about character history and characterization. I may look into FI The Deep once I get my finances straight.

And while on the subject of casting Namor, I am open minded to anyone who can nail his strength, arrogance and abilities: Asian or otherwise. :)
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

In case Rheged missed it...

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    In case Rheged missed it...

LMAO..... okay, that was funny. 10 points Jonathan. Thanks for posting that Lady_Alternate.

BANNED

ROFL i am loving it.

I did laugh myself silly at that answer from Hickman -- and it makes me look so forward to the book. It's also things like that show Namor will be upholding the mutant side of things.

I have to say, however, that most BP fans continue to prove themselves completely humorless.
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-13-2012 at 03:58 PM.

I didn't get those pics of Matsuda Shota, but I found this Asian Phoenix Namor and his friends on DA.

After a bit of a drought ... Namor on a cover in the February solicits!

NEW AVENGERS #3
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • STEVE EPTING (A)
    Cover by JOCK
    Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
    “INFINITY”
    • The Illuminati experience their first incursion since reforming.
    • Can the loose brotherhood of end times trust each other enough to use the Infinity Gems in unison?
    • And a new member joins the Illuminati!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

After STARING at that great Keown cover, I realized that Jonathan Hickman has ruined it for me. I can't help but think that Reed and Strange are staring at Namor's butt wings, or worse, watching him fart a sea shell.

And Beast's position ... I just ... LOL!
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.

And Namor is on the final cover of X-Men, but I'm pretty sure he has ZERO appearances in the book, sort of like the final issue of X-Men Legacy cover by Mark Brooks.

I'm having difficulty deciding if having Namor in New Avengers trolling BP makes up for the fact Beast is in it..... I love me some trolling Namor but Beast....... ugh
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    After STARING at that great Keown cover, I realized that Jonathan Hickman has ruined it for me. I can't help but think that Reed and Strange are staring at Namor's butt wings, or worse, watching him fart a sea shell.

And Beast's position ... I just ... LOL!
    LOL .... Fart a seashell! oh Rheged that was priceless.

My thoughts were Namor and Iron Man seem like the most prominent characters on that cover and why is Reed tickling Beast (hence the wonky pose?)

Quote Originally Posted by imperial90 View Post
    I'm having difficulty deciding if having Namor in New Avengers trolling BP makes up for the fact Beast is in it..... I love me some trolling Namor but Beast....... ugh
    Not to worry. Namor will be trolling Beast also. And Iron Man. It's a trio of trolling! It will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    LOL .... Fart a seashell! oh Rheged that was priceless.

My thoughts were Namor and Iron Man seem like the most prominent characters on that cover and why is Reed tickling Beast (hence the wonky pose?)
    Heheh ... tickling Beast.

Seashells was Hickman too! Someone else asked about Namor's new powers, and he said that. LOL!

It just seems to me that Namor fits with the Avengers/ wider MU than he ever could with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    It just seems to me that Namor fits with the Avengers/ wider MU than he ever could with the X-Men.
    Namor was dealing with X-Men stuff long before there were X-Men. He's got ten times the experience Cyke has in dealing with the survival of a species and his history is full of strong women. His ties to the greater MU would have been great story fodder and bridges for the X-men. But the X-office chose to completely ignore all that for the most part. And even so, I think he was a great addition to the X-verse, and impressed where ever he was used.

Namor is a versatile character with a long history. He can work just about anywhere. He's the original anti-hero, he's been villain and hero. His books have covered various genres from horror, to detective, to pulp, to romance, to fantasy, to SF and to humor.