Page 190 of 202 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3022

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    LOL at the art Lady_Alternate posted.

Somehow I don't ever see Namor having a problem with his pants staying put
    LOL! Advanced Atlantean technology. He'll never lose his speedo diving into the water.

Namor's Phoenix 'pants' were very popular.

Rokenrou
    did this and said, "those pants are the only thing I’ve liked in AvsX."
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-06-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    LOL! Advanced Atlantean technology. He'll never lose his speedo diving into the water.

Namor's Phoenix 'pants' were very popular.

Rokenrou
    did this and said, "those pants are the only thing I’ve liked in AvsX."
    Technology LOL...I don't know I think Namor bullies those pants into staying put.

On a related note, I decided to swallow my silly indecision and misgivings about Hickman and pre-order New Avengers 1&2. I just read Defenders 12 and it made me realize I just can't go without a monthly Namor and Doctor Strange fix...budget be darned.

Speaking of Defenders 12, there is one lovely circular image of long haired alternate Namor that I wish I had a scan of and he does have a lovely moment of heroics too. Not quite sure how I feel about the way the series ended, but most of us were right. It truly is Doctor Strange's issue (which Chariset will love.)
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Technology LOL...I don't know I think Namor bullies those pants into staying put.
    On a related note, I decided to swallow my silly indecision and misgivings about Hickman and pre-order New Avengers 1&2. I just read Defenders 12 and it made me realize I just can't go without a monthly Namor and Doctor Strange fix...budget be darned.

Speaking of Defenders 12, there is one lovely circular image of long haired alternate Namor that I wish I had a scan of and he does have a lovely moment of heroics too. Not quite sure how I feel about the way the series ended, but most of us were right. It truly is Doctor Strange's issue (which Chariset will love.)
    Another bittersweet day, with the last issue of Defenders. I really thought it would last this time around. I'm glad for Chariset that Strange gets to shine.

I don't think you'll regret picking up New Avengers. It should be quite amusing.

LOL! Bullies his clothing. He gives it The Look in the mirror, and dares it to do anything but make him look good.

Reminds me of this incident from Bryne's Namor:

Look at that eyebrow!

Aptly addressed and from Bully Says Comics Ought to Be Fun blog as "Dumbass Things You Shouldn't Do In the Marvel Universe.

One of Archard's Agents Amacent's Avatar

Semi-new Namor fan here. My first exposure to Namor was the Sub-Mariner mini-series back in 2007/08 and I quite enjoyed his appearances in Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any great Namor issues?

Also, I didn't see anyone post anything about his appearance in AvX: Consequences #4 aside from the cover so here's a great pic of Namor taken from the issue.

Another bittersweet day, with the last issue of Defenders. I really thought it would last this time around. I'm glad for Chariset that Strange gets to shine.

I don't think you'll regret picking up New Avengers. It should be quite amusing.

LOL! Bullies his clothing. He gives it The Look in the mirror, and dares it to do anything but make him look good.

Reminds me of this incident from Bryne's Namor:

Look at that eyebrow!

Aptly addressed and from Bully Says Comics Ought to Be Fun blog as "Dumbass Things You Shouldn't Do In the Marvel Universe.
    LMAO...that's right! Perfect too.

Hmmm... screw the evil eye, give 'em the Look!

New Avengers: decided to stop being such a stubborn fill-in-the-blank, my fan woman side needs Namor and the good Doc.

LMAO...that's right! Perfect too.

Hmmm... screw the evil eye, give 'em the Look!

New Avengers: decided to stop being such a stubborn fill-in-the-blank, my fan woman side needs Namor and the good Doc.
    I totally understand, and how fortunate that they'll both be in one ongoing, again.

It's perfect, isn't it? Sometimes I am annoyed at some of the stuff Byrne unnecessarily tried to explain about Namor in his run, but the art was spot on.

Love the new avatar. That was the Pierfederici that I was expecting last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Semi-new Namor fan here. My first exposure to Namor was the Sub-Mariner mini-series back in 2007/08 and I quite enjoyed his appearances in Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any great Namor issues?

Also, I didn't see anyone post anything about his appearance in AvX: Consequences #4 aside from the cover so here's a great pic of Namor taken from the issue.

Welcome Amacent! Loved that panel, and several others in AvX Consequences #4. Mark Brooks did a good job, though he does a more muscled / stocky Namor than some others. Did you like that mini-series, Sub-Mariner Revolution from 2007?

Namor recommendations ...it depends on what aspects of Namor you like. If you like his more sarcastic side, I'd recommend the Illuminati mini-series. It's not all him, of course, but he gets all the best lines. If like the snark and some humor, perhaps Defenders Indefensible, which I mentioned in a previous post, which I'm reposting.

I'll second Aces' suggestions, especially Grant Morrison's FF 1234 -- it's coming out in hardcover soon, if you can't find the old trade. It's a little trippy -- it is Grant Morrison, and probably not in continuity, but the Jae Lee art is gorgeous and Namor is portrayed quite nicely -- sexy, regal, arrogant and powerful. Plus, it's all Doom's plan anyway. :)

If you like the silly and fun of Keith Giffen's Justice League, then I heartily recommend Defenders Indefensible. The characters are just this shy of caricature, but it is so hilarious, so it's all good. Being the original Defenders, it's got Dr. Strange, as well as Dormamu and Umar.
    If you like old school Namor, who is a bit different, there's the Essential Sub-Mariner, as well as the Marvel Masterworks. Gillen actually did a Namor short story, before he wrote the X-Men, in the Dark Reign the Cabal one-shot. It was his usual witty writing. I'll think on some more, when it's not so late.

I totally understand, and how fortunate that they'll both be in one ongoing, again.

It's perfect, isn't it? Sometimes I am annoyed at some of the stuff Byrne unnecessarily tried to explain about Namor in his run, but the art was spot on.

Love the new avatar. That was the Pierfederici that I was expecting last issue.
    Very cool that Namor and Doctor Strange are in the same book again. I really like their moments together as Stephen seems to be one of the very few who understands AND respects Namor.

Yes, I've noticed that Bryne does go out of his way explain things that did not need explaining - but it's all good, especially when you get panels like that!

Is it me or did Pierfederici draw a really good Namor in those last two issues of Defenders but failed with everyone else? I mean, it seemed like he put the most detail into Namor (not complaining ). I love that close up, if I ever come across Mirco at a con I'll get a commission of this Namor.

I have a question about Namor in AvX Consequences: outside of issue 4, was Namor given screen time? I am curious about his lead into New Avengers.

It is a shame Namor's X credentials are unknown now. I like that he can straddle A or X given his allegiances and/or heritage.

Welcome Amacent! I'm pretty new myself.
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-08-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Very cool that Namor and Doctor Strange are in the same book again. I really like their moments together as Stephen seems to be one of the very few who understands AND respects Namor.

Yes, I've noticed that Bryne does go out of his way explain things that did not need explaining - but it's all good, especially when you get panels like that!

Is it me or did Pierfederici draw a really good Namor in those last two issues of Defenders but failed with everyone else? I mean, it seemed like he put the most detail into Namor (not complaining ). I love that close up, if I ever come across Mirco at a con I'll get a commission of this Namor.

I have a question about Namor in AvX Consequences: outside of issue 4, was Namor given screen time? I am curious about his lead into New Avengers.

It is a shame Namor's X credentials are unknown now. I like that he can straddle A or X given his allegiances and/or heritage.

Welcome Amacent! I'm pretty new myself.
    No, sadly, after AvX #8, the only thing we saw of Namor was in AvX Consequences #4 -- which explains some of my dissatisfaction with it. It was a good scene, but did little to explain what happened to Namor, and the Atlanteans, or how he is transitioning into New Avengers.

LOL! I am biased, so I tend to think Namor inspires artists. ;p I need to look at both of Micro's issues together. I suspect the colorist helped out too.

Did you read Fear Itself The Deep? That has some great interactions between Namor and Strange -- though it wasn't such a good showing for Namor, except in the beginning. They come across more as old friends, than even in Fraction's Defenders.

No, sadly, after AvX #8, the only thing we saw of Namor was in AvX Consequences #4 -- which explains some of my dissatisfaction with it. It was a good scene, but did little to explain what happened to Namor, and the Atlanteans, or how he is transitioning into New Avengers.

LOL! I am biased, so I tend to think Namor inspires artists. ;p I need to look at both of Micro's issues together. I suspect the colorist helped out too.

Did you read Fear Itself The Deep? That has some great interactions between Namor and Strange -- though it wasn't such a good showing for Namor, except in the beginning. They come across more as old friends, than even in Fraction's Defenders.

Thanks for the AvX / AvX Consequences info Rheged. That's too bad Gillen did not do more with Namor and the Atlanteans.

LOL...I think Namor inspires artists too. It seemed particularly so with Mirco's work in those two issues of Defenders (especially with the close ups.)

I haven't read FI: The Deep (I skip events - they always seem to be crappy for the characters I really enjoy.) I am not a fan of Cullen Bunn's writing, but those panels you posted do show some fun and friendly interaction between Stephen and Namor. Very nice indeed, those make me believe that Cullen understands and respects these two.

I like that. I will see if these are offered digitally, although boo hiss about Namor being bested by Attuma. Every time I read Attuma's name I keep seeing Attuna and then I think Sorry Charlie, Namor's canned your hide.

Thanks for the AvX / AvX Consequences info Rheged. That's too bad Gillen did not do more with Namor and the Atlanteans.

LOL...I think Namor inspires artists too. It seemed particularly so with Mirco's work in those two issues of Defenders (especially with the close ups.)

I haven't read FI: The Deep (I skip events - they always seem to be crappy for the characters I really enjoy.) I am not a fan of Cullen Bunn's writing, but those panels you posted do show some fun and friendly interaction between Stephen and Namor. Very nice indeed, those make me believe that Cullen understands and respects these two.

I like that. I will see if these are offered digitally, although boo hiss about Namor being bested by Attuma. Every time I read Attuma's name I keep seeing Attuna and then I think Sorry Charlie, Namor's canned your hide.
    LOL! Attuna. He's never been my favorite Namor foe, as he has been portrayed somewhat one-dimensionally. The exception being the excellent Frank Tieri Attuma resurrection story in Made Man and even the Fear Itself Worthy oneshot. Maybe the Atlantis Attacks story, where he develops a somewhat creepy attraction to Jean Grey that is tied to his Namor obsession.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Events, either. If there is going to be anything good, it's usually in the tie-ins. FI: The Deep was a one, that was originally named FI: The Defenders. It basically dealt with the Worthy Attuma attacking Namor and Atlantis and a new Defenders taking him down -- so it had little real connection to the main event. I enjoyed Bunn's Fearless, The Deep, and his Captain America and Namor one shot. I've also liked what he's trying to do with the horror side of Marvel, via D.O.A. and Hellstorm. He's not a flashy writer, his plotting is pretty straight forward, but he's solid. He does his continuity homework and his characters have different voices and there's usually some nice emotional touches. He reminds me of some old school writers from the 70s and 80s.

I will admit, I didn't care for Namor being afraid for most of the Deep. And I'd have liked a bit more focus / progression of him overcoming that spell. But that's probably my Namor bias talking. On the plus side, we got some pretty cool villains, some nice interactions between the characters, and at least we saw the Atlanteans.

No one has written squat about Namor since Wakanda. So, I guess we're supposed to count ourselves fortunate to get those pages. Kieron Gillen does like Namor, but he was really focused on what his role was in his UXM story. Sadly, it was to prop up Scott and Emma's relationship. If it wasn't about that, or making Namor more of a sexual threat to Scott, he wasn't really interested, or more precisely, perhaps, didn't have the space, for Namor. It's my biggest complaint about his X-appearances, that Namor really didn't have his own story. They didn't even finish off the little bit they gave him with Shaw. It's a shame, cause I LOVE Gillen's voice for Namor. It's perfectly royal ... and awesome. We got a hint of what he would do, in the Cabal short story he wrote for Namor, but I'd love to see what he could do when the story was all about Namor. Actually, I'd love to see what his pitch was for NAMOR THE FIRST MUTANT -- since he did pitch for the book.

One of Archard's Agents Amacent's Avatar

Welcome Amacent! Loved that panel, and several others in AvX Consequences #4. Mark Brooks did a good job, though he does a more muscled / stocky Namor than some others. Did you like that mini-series, Sub-Mariner Revolution from 2007?
    Thanks for the welcome guys and the recommendations!

Mark Brooks' work really took me by surprise when I read that issue. I had never heard of him before and don't recall seeing his work either but now I keep hoping that he's working on a top secret Namor series with a kick-ass writer.
    To be honest, I don't remember much of that mini-series although there were some cool memorable (not to mention violent) moments from Namor that stayed with me. I was pretty much drawn into reading it by the awesome covers for issues #1 & 2.

I'll second Aces' suggestions, especially Grant Morrison's FF 1234 -- it's coming out in hardcover soon, if you can't find the old trade. It's a little trippy -- it is Grant Morrison, and probably not in continuity, but the Jae Lee art is gorgeous and Namor is portrayed quite nicely -- sexy, regal, arrogant and powerful. Plus, it's all Doom's plan anyway. :)

If you like the silly and fun of Keith Giffen's Justice League, then I heartily recommend Defenders Indefensible. The characters are just this shy of caricature, but it is so hilarious, so it's all good. Being the original Defenders, it's got Dr. Strange, as well as Dormamu and Umar.
    I've had Fantastic Four : 1234 on my wishlist for awhile now but I didn't realize that Namor had a role in it. Can't wait to read it and see him drawn by Jae Lee. As for Defenders : Indefensible, if it's anything like DeMatteis' and Giffen's work on Formerly Known As The Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League count me in! I love their quirky humor and Maguire's expressive art.

Thanks for the welcome guys and the recommendations!

I've had Fantastic Four : 1234 on my wishlist for awhile now but I didn't realize that Namor had a role in it. Can't wait to read it and see him drawn by Jae Lee. As for Defenders : Indefensible, if it's anything like DeMatteis' and Giffen's work on Formerly Known As The Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League count me in! I love their quirky humor and Maguire's expressive art.
    Oh yessssss. Namor is one of the 1234, one of the four foes Doom has specifically chosen to take out an specific member of the FF. His target is Susan, his method is seduction. LOL! He's on two of the four covers, drawn gorgeously by Jae Lee.

As for Defenders : Indefensible, if it's anything like DeMatteis' and Giffen's work on Formerly Known As The Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League count me in! I love their quirky humor and Maguire's expressive art.

And yes! That's exactly the type of book Defenders Indefensible is.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

I almost think it'd be cool if there was a movie and Namor was portrayed by a hot Asian actor. I actually thought Namor was Asian when I first saw him in the comics. He could certainly pass as one.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar