Page 189 of 202 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3022

Rheged, your words are so soothing to my eyes and that smiley just kills my lingering frustration. Thanks.
    It would be a great loss for X-Men if his sharp hipbones would never to hold X-belt.

And your alternative sounds tempting. I might be picking it up if it happens (written by Hickman ofc).
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Rheged, your words are so soothing to my eyes and that smiley just kills my lingering frustration. Thanks.
    It would be a great loss for X-Men if his sharp hipbones would never to hold X-belt.

And your alternative sounds tempting. I might be picking it up if it happens (written by Hickman ofc).
    I understand your feelings completely. It's why I was thrilled to see that AvX Consequences cover with Namor and Hope. And YES, we aren't going to see Namor's sexy side appreciated as much as it has been in the X-books.

Whatever happens, I plan to have an ongoing thread on the X-Forums posting scenes of Namor trolling the Avengers from the Illuminati book, especially Beast. I just need a snappy title.

Not Namor news, but the sort of news that makes me so annoyed at Marvel. First the Aquaman reboot, a cool indy book about the Pacific gyre -- the name escapes me -- and now the: THE WAKE by SCOTT SNYDER.

THE WAKE is an upcoming horror-charged title, set amidst claustrophobic yet beautiful and sweeping ocean-scapes, follows a discovery which will reveal a secret mythology for something that does more than go bump in dark. CBR News spoke with Snyder, who shared details about his new sci-fi/monster mash-up as seen through the eyes of a marine biologist plunged deep into a thriller mystery, the multiple meanings of the title and what we can learn about ourselves from monsters, nightmares and our greatest fears.

SS: It's really building a whole world underwater, from the ground up.

CBR: Hollywood blockbusters like "The Abyss," as well as great novels-turned-to-movies like Peter Benchley's "Jaws" and "The Deep," have a long history of making the ocean a very scary place to be. What is it about water-based thrills and chills that keep us coming back more?

SS: The things that we are going to explore here are just that; do we have a memory of something or do we know something about something that's lurking down there that has made us so afraid of the water? One of the things that we're going to be exploring in the book that I'm really excited about is the whole sort of roster of myths and folklore and legends that exist about the ocean -- the creatures that live there, the beings that live there, all of that kind of stuff. But what we really want to do here is get to the heart of what you're talking about. [Laughs] Or at least propose a fictional story that really supports it. We're trying to understand where these myths and legends come from for these particular creatures and ask, do they stem from something that we just don't remember having seen yet?

In that way, with this book, we get to explore all of these great stories of the sea and figures of the sea, throughout folklore and different sort of mythologies, as well. Again, it has a lot of the stuff that I just love writing about, yet it's incredibly different from anything that I've done before.

How is it that DC and other comic companies now get IT when it comes to the aquatic / ocean books, and Marvel can't figure it out??? This is just the sort of cool take on Namor and Atlantis that would work great! There's so many cool things they could do with the psychological and mythological as well as the magical and political aspects of Atlantis and Namor. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I understand your feelings completely. It's why I was thrilled to see that AvX Consequences cover with Namor and Hope. And YES, we aren't going to see Namor's sexy side appreciated as much as it has been in the X-books.

Whatever happens, I plan to have an ongoing thread on the X-Forums posting scenes of Namor trolling the Avengers from the Illuminati book, especially Beast. I just need a snappy title.
    I just need sassy Namor strutting around out in speedos and yelling Imperius Rex left and right. Political agenda might give him some gravitas, but arrogance, Namor's disapproving eyebrows and his physique slowly and unconsciously became essential ingredients for my X-reads. I can't go through Namor withdrawals, and Gillen and Coipel are to blame for my newlyfound addiction.

It's nice knowing you're not going to migrate with Namor if the worst happens.

Not Namor news, but the sort of news that makes me so annoyed at Marvel. First the Aquaman reboot, a cool indy book about the Pacific gyre -- the name escapes me -- and now the: THE WAKE by SCOTT SNYDER.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...1350060268.jpg

Meh, not a big fan of SS's Batman work, but it's nice seeing people pump out their COPs. Going by the description it slightly reminds me of Milligan's Depths where Namor's stare horrified me. It's kinda ironic that it was Namor's book and he never uttered a single word in it. Ribic was a perfect illustrator for it.

Unrelated information: Lately I've become quite fond of aquatic comic characters which you can check by my avatar. Idk y. Maybe it's those uknown depths, fantasy kingdom aspects and water-based powers, I assume. Oh, and I very much like seafood.

How is it that DC and other comic companies now get IT when it comes to the aquatic / ocean books, and Marvel can't figure it out??? This is just the sort of cool take on Namor and Atlantis that would work great! There's so many cool things they could do with the psychological and mythological as well as the magical and political aspects of Atlantis and Namor. sigh
    Unrealized vast potential, right? I know what you sayin'. I've grown quite indifferent toward two competitors' moronic decisions made in the last two years. Fantasy element slowly goes by the way of dodo, while realism seeps in.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Meh, not a big fan of SS's Batman work, but it's nice seeing people pump out their COPs. Going by the description it slightly reminds me of Milligan's Depths where Namor's stare horrified me. It's kinda ironic that it was Namor's book and he never uttered a single word in it. Ribic was a perfect illustrator for it.
    It was the book that changed my view about Namor. Good to know that I'm not the only one who think the same way. It was more of a suspense horror book, but still, great re-interpretation of Namor mythos.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    It was the book that changed my view about Namor. Good to know that I'm not the only one who think the same way. It was more of a suspense horror book, but still, great re-interpretation of Namor mythos.
    I liked that series too. One of the few times I really enjoyed Ribic's art.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Anybody read "Sub-Mariner: The Depths"? THAT is a good and slightly scary Namor read!

; )

P.S.- I have the collection book of it, in HARDback!

Excuse me while I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

More pages of the amazing Atlantean Attack Force at Newsarama. Sea monsters! YES!!!

FINALLY an artist does the awesome thing and makes Namor's ankle wings PHOENIX WINGS! You rock Adam Kubert!
    I'd kill for an Adam Kubert drawn Namor series so hard. So, I'm thinking about picking up the Namor: the first mutant series, be honest, how good was it, and is it worth paying $20 for?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

That is too funny, Lady A! Those low riders are only staying on by the force of the Phoenix. LOL! I'd put the Phoenix tattoo on the other side, but that could be NSFW. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I liked that series too. One of the few times I really enjoyed Ribic's art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Mariner View Post
    Anybody read "Sub-Mariner: The Depths"? THAT is a good and slightly scary Namor read!

; )

P.S.- I have the collection book of it, in HARDback!
    SUB-MARINER THE DEPTHS is a great read, and I love the art. However, as a Namor fan, I'm always torn about it. Milligan captures the mythological essence of Namor which is always there, but rarely dealt with directly. Yet, the story itself isn't really about Namor, and we actually see very little of him in the mini-series. Of course, we got Shark Namor who was scary on all levels, so it's all good.

The artist felt that tramp stamps should have been mandatory for the P5.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Namor the first mutant series, that came out of the X-Men vampire thingee was a good read while it lasted. The artwork is really nice too. I'd say it's worth 20 bucks if you liked the character. I've never been the biggest fan of Namor but I enjoyed reading it. Gotta support the small books too, it was really a bummer when they cancelled it because of low sales. Namor would kick Aquaman's ass any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I'd kill for an Adam Kubert drawn Namor series so hard. So, I'm thinking about picking up the Namor: the first mutant series, be honest, how good was it, and is it worth paying $20 for?
    I'd be THRILLED for either Kubert to do a Namor series. Andy did some of design work on Aquaman and talked about how cool underwater scenes are visually, especially in action scenes. He clearly gets the amazing potential inherent with an aquatic book.

I enjoyed Namor the First Mutant, because Stuart Moore was actually doing some world building with the Atlanteans and we got some interior monologue from Namor -- finally. That's something we rarely get to see in his guest appearances, and it always gives insight into the character and why he acts the way he does. Yet, Moore didn't flinch from showing Namor in a less than heroic light and making mistakes. Issue #5 was great for that. It wasn't a flashy run, but it certainly was solid, and about characterization and worldbuilding.

The big problem with the run was the inconsistent art. And if the polarizing art of Ariel Olivetti, when he was doing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Namor the first mutant series, that came out of the X-Men vampire thingee was a good read while it lasted. The artwork is really nice too. I'd say it's worth 20 bucks if you liked the character. I've never been the biggest fan of Namor but I enjoyed reading it. Gotta support the small books too, it was really a bummer when they cancelled it because of low sales. Namor would kick Aquaman's ass any day of the week.
    It certainly was the best tie-in to the Curse of the Mutants, IMO. Loved how it tied specifically to Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    The artist felt that tramp stamps should have been mandatory for the P5.
    I see. Actually, I do NOT see one for Scott. The guy's completely covered up.
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-05-2012 at 10:54 AM.

LOL at the art Lady_Alternate posted.

Somehow I don't ever see Namor having a problem with his pants staying put
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...