Page 6 of 202 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 42n8s1 View Post
    Could not agree more.
    I thought the writing of his Thor mini left much to be desired.
    It didn't stop me from picking up every issue though.
    I'm waiting for the HC of Bianchi's Thor. This is one instance where I don't care about the writing.

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Good question ... and another dangling plot string from the Namor Doom Cabal alliance.

IIRC, Sentry decapitated Attuma. But in one of the best Attuma stories written, Doctor Doom resurrect him as insurance against his ally Namor. LOL! Doom leaves Attuma to decide whether or not he'll continue to live at Doom's sufferance, or die. The story is told from Attuma's POV and shows a little of what makes him tick. But that's how the story ends. With Attuma undecided and staring at the door where Doom will return.
    Sounds like they left that open ended just in case someone comes up with a good plot idea for Attuma's inevitable return.

Fucking Sentry. He sure didn't play around when it came to taking someone out. 99 percent of your heroes will be satisfied with a knockout punch, but ol' Sentry made sure you didn't get out in one piece.
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."

BANNED

and then there's llyra, who stuart moore definitely needs to include in his new series. wow, that woman is a mess. i like that they've resurrected her as a snake-woman. very fitting for her personality.

thinking of ways namor's title can blend in more with the x-men. having loa around as a sidekick is somewhat interesting, but i want to see more soon. would be great to see namor obliterate an x-men foe that gives the whole team trouble.

also, now that toro is back there's an adventure to be had there too. i saw other posters talking about how they'd like toro to be tied into x-men stories soon. having an encounter with namor would be a good way for toro to do that. and it would give shades of namor/human torch battle over coney island.

BANNED

Default "one-man navy."

Quote Originally Posted by colossalreign View Post
    Yeah, he was all into scuba diving other aquatic activities in real life. I read that that is were he got the inspiration for his Fathom series. Has anyone read that btw? I've always had a hard time buying anything that isn't from Marvel or DC, and when that first came out, I wasn't very familiar with Turner. I wonder if it's worth picking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 42n8s1 View Post
    I've flipped through several Turner Fathom TPB's at my lcbs.
    I'm skeptical about the writing.
    The art is absolutely beautiful.
    Yes, that's what I recall reading about Turner, that he loved the marine activities. I picked up the first series of Fathom, which I think Image published, and found the writing, like some of Image's stuff then, not very good. The ideas were great, but the execution ... not so much. But Turner's art was beautiful to look at. I've seen a big thick collection at my library, and I keep thinking I'm going to try reading it again. Hopefully the writing improved with the reboot.

Sounds like they left that open ended just in case someone comes up with a good plot idea for Attuma's inevitable return.

Fucking Sentry. He sure didn't play around when it came to taking someone out. 99 percent of your heroes will be satisfied with a knockout punch, but ol' Sentry made sure you didn't get out in one piece.
    Exactly. I just would love to see Doom and Attuma teaming up against Namor -- and with the three of them, the double and triple crosses would be a ton of fun.

Yep, that should have been a clue for our heroes. Here's the scene. Didn't even let Attuma finish his Villain Gloat Speech!

And here's some very nice art by Rafe Sandoval. He draws a pretty good Namor.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Counter Earth Dorma definitely kicks butt. Oddly enough, I'm not so sure Namor would appreciate that so much. Ah yes, I remember that now. But the last I saw of her, she had been arrested by the FF on Earth Prime. Of course, there was that FF annual that featured her. Maybe that's where she escaped and went back to Counter Earth.
    Reed tried to trick her into some containment/force bubbles and send her back as a prisoner to Doom. It was Reed's way of settling up since Doom did help him beat the Dreaming Celestial. The other three fell for it but Queen Dorma didn't and was on the loose for a while. Then Dorma came after Sue again in the issue following the annual (FF #31) and Namor helped defeat her. He was going to kill her but Sue talked him into turning Dorma over to the authorities on the surface. Namor was going to wait until that was settled and then he was going to take custody of her and her remaining Atlans and imprison them for life. But I presume she somehow ended up back on Planet Doom/Counter Earth in the Thunderbolts. This was Claremont's last FF story so this is another dropped sub plot.

A BIT of a thing? LOL! Yes, crazy jealous describes it much better. I don't think Victor would push that marriage, do you?
    If only to embarrass Reed and make Sue guilty of bigamy. It could make the conversation interesting if Doom bunks in at the Future Foundation, assuming he might be one of the secret members. He still has that deal to work out with Valeria.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Exactly. I just would love to see Doom and Attuma teaming up against Namor -- and with the three of them, the double and triple crosses would be a ton of fun.

Yep, that should have been a clue for our heroes. Here's the scene. Didn't even let Attuma finish his Villain Gloat Speech!
    Lmao at that image of Sentry taking Attuma's head off in the middle of his monologue.

I'd wouldn't mind seeing Namors friendship with Blue Marvel explored a bit in the current title.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and then there's llyra, who stuart moore definitely needs to include in his new series. wow, that woman is a mess. i like that they've resurrected her as a snake-woman. very fitting for her personality.

thinking of ways namor's title can blend in more with the x-men. having loa around as a sidekick is somewhat interesting, but i want to see more soon. would be great to see namor obliterate an x-men foe that gives the whole team trouble.

also, now that toro is back there's an adventure to be had there too. i saw other posters talking about how they'd like toro to be tied into x-men stories soon. having an encounter with namor would be a good way for toro to do that. and it would give shades of namor/human torch battle over coney island.
    Llyra is my one of my favorite rogues for Namor. She really stabbed him hard ... repeatedly. And she just won't stay dead!

I think with this direction they are going with Atlantean science magic, Snake Llyra would be great to throw against Namor again. If they hadn't tied Namor in with the X-Men, I thought that using his book for an epic unifying magic event would have been great, with pre-Catclysm Atlantis, the magic royal blood, Lemuria, the Serpent Crown, and his ties to Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom ... And I think someone mentioned the Man-thing series (which I haven't read) which had Atlantis and Neptune and some other cool magical stuff at the Nexus of All Realities ... lots of material there. Of course, the X-Men do have a few magical stories and mutants ... it could still work, if that was an avenue that the X-office wanted to pursue it.

And yes, I think if Namor is going to be with the X-Men, they should probably find some stories to connect them more closely. I'm curious where the Loa thing is going -- though, you know Llyra is from Hawaii too. And while I'd love to see Namor obliterating some X-foes, I'm betting the Krang arc is going to be the opposite. The X-Men saving Namor from Krang's rebellion. Not too thrilled about that, so I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm of two minds about Toro and the X-Men. Jim Hammond visited Utopia, though. Some nice interaction there, in that Invaders Now! issue, between Namor, Torch, Anole and Rockslide.

I love Gabriel Hardman's Namor and Namora. One man Navy indeed.

Is Mera the one who went all Dune God Emperor and turned into a giant sea slug?

Lmao at that image of Sentry taking Attuma's head off in the middle of his monologue.

I'd wouldn't mind seeing Namors friendship with Blue Marvel explored a bit in the current title.
    LOL! I know! Seriously. What kind of hero doesn't let a villain finish his monologue?

Boy, that would take a heavy hitting threat of a story for Blue Marvel and Namor to counter. But hanging out in Adam's undersea fortress ... that could be a nice cameo / bit of characterization.

Is Mera the one who went all Dune God Emperor and turned into a giant sea slug?
    Do you mean Marrina? The one who was in Dark Reign X-men the List? She was an alien Plodex and their native form, I think is that huge sea monster. But IIRC they imprint and take on that form until they find a mate of the same species.

Boy, that would take a heavy hitting threat of a story for Blue Marvel and Namor to counter. But hanging out in Adam's undersea fortress ... that could be a nice cameo / bit of characterization.
    Yeah I agree. I dont need to see them team up against some uber threat. Some of my favorite moments in comics are when they show the heroes during their down time, just having some mundane dialogue. The X-Men books were really good at that durning the 80's.

Do you mean Marrina? The one who was in Dark Reign X-men the List? She was an alien Plodex and their native form, I think is that huge sea monster. But IIRC they imprint and take on that form until they find a mate of the same species.
    Marina, yeah that's right. The one that was in Alpha Flight waaaay back. I remember Namor had to deal with her in one of the Utopia issues (I think, or maybe Nation X). Anyway, that Sea creature was actually her native form? Didn't they show in Alpha Flight that she came from an egg, and was like a little sea monkey? I cant even remember now, I'm probably butchering her backstory all to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C.H. View Post
    Yeah I agree. I dont need to see them team up against some uber threat. Some of my favorite moments in comics are when they show the heroes during their down time, just having some mundane dialogue. The X-Men books were really good at that durning the 80's.
    I agree. You don't see much of that any more, though. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C.H. View Post
    Marina, yeah that's right. The one that was in Alpha Flight waaaay back. I remember Namor had to deal with her in one of the Utopia issues (I think, or maybe Nation X). Anyway, that Sea creature was actually her native form? Didn't they show in Alpha Flight that she came from an egg, and was like a little sea monkey? I cant even remember now, I'm probably butchering her backstory all to hell.
    Yes, that's Marrina, who was recently resurrected at the end of Chaos War. And yes, IIRC, her egg was found by a Canadian couple, and when she hatched, she imprinted on them, and took a humanoid form. Later in Alpha Flight there was a character called Master of the World, who introduced her to her 'mate' a male Plodex, which triggered her transformation into giant sea monster, her native form. This is from memory, so I may have gotten some details wrong, but I believe that's the gist. I forget exactly what set her off, maybe her pregnancy or mating with the other Plodex, but after she laid her eggs she completely lost any semblance of humanity mentally, and Namor and the Avengers were forced to end her life, to keep her from destroying NYC or something. I've wondered a few times if that was the ending that John Byrne had originally intended when he put Namor and Marrina together or if it was more anti-marriage bias from editorial.

In Dark Reign, some how Osborn resurrected her and weaponized her specifically against the Atlanteans in Dark Reign the List, and Namor had to kill her again.

I'd have to go back and read the books, but I remember thinking that Marrina was the lover that seemed least like Namor's "type," as she had a few insecurities.