Page 4 of 202 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

I would love to see a Simone Bianchi Namor mini.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colossalreign View Post
    Those Michael Turner Namor images are beautiful. I would have loved if he had done the interiors on that mini. The Maleev Jean Reno as Namor images are quite hideous though.

Yeah.... out of respect for the fact that this is an appreciation thread, I won't post those here. I think he looked a bit like Phil Collins myself.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 42n8s1 View Post
    I would love to see a Simone Bianchi Namor mini.
    I would be all over that. Bianchi's style is perfect for a Namor book. I know he does a good rendition of Namor himself, and he would really make the underwater backdrops look interesting. If I recall correctly, he did an awesome looking variant cover of Dark Avengers during the Dark Reign story arc that had Namor fighting Sentry.
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."

Quote Originally Posted by iamjason View Post
    Phil Collins FTW
    Dude. Seriously UNCOOL to divebomb an appreciation thread with that sleazy mis-representation of Namor. Even die hard haterz admit that's NOT Namor. As Iron Maiden said, if anything, it's cousin Shamor. UGH!

And since someone mentioned Bianchi ... gaze upon this, instead:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah.... out of respect for the fact that this is an appreciation thread, I won't post those here. I think he looked a bit like Phil Collins myself.
    Lol IM. He does have a bit of a Phil Collins look. I like Phil Collins and all, but he's not exactly who I would go to for inspiration on Namors look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

And since someone mentioned Bianchi ... gaze upon this, instead:

Yes, that's the one! That is eff'n gorgeous. I'm ready to start a petition for a Bianchi drawn Namor mini.

I would be all over that. Bianchi's style is perfect for a Namor book. I know he does a good rendition of Namor himself, and he would really make the underwater backdrops look interesting. If I recall correctly, he did an awesome looking variant cover of Dark Avengers during the Dark Reign story arc that had Namor fighting Sentry.
    GMTA!

I agree. Bianchi would be GREAT on a Namor book. Of course, I'd be all over a Jae Lee book too.

BANNED

that's gorgeous, rheged! seriously, love sentry getting the crap beat out of him.

Yes, that's the one! That is eff'n gorgeous. I'm ready to start a petition for a Bianchi drawn Namor mini.
    Tell me where to sign!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that's gorgeous, rheged! seriously, love sentry getting the crap beat out of him.
    I know! Since I'm not a big Sentry fan, it's like an extra helping of goodness.

It also shows that yet once again, Namor chooses the battleground that suits him best.

GMTA!

I agree. Bianchi would be GREAT on a Namor book. Of course, I'd be all over a Jae Lee book too.
    Lol. I don't know what GMTA means.

Jae Lee on Namor interiors would also be freaking awesome. I'll definitely cosign on that. The thing that is a bit ironic about that though is that I liked Jae Lee's 90's style way more than I like his current style, but when he was drawing Namor back in the 90's I didn't think his style worked for that title, but his current style looks perfect for the Namor series. I love his cover work on the book.

Lol. I don't know what GMTA means.

Jae Lee on Namor interiors would also be freaking awesome. I'll definitely cosign on that. The thing that is a bit ironic about that though is that I liked Jae Lee's 90's style way more than I like his current style, but when he was drawing Namor back in the 90's I didn't think his style worked for that title, but his current style looks perfect for the Namor series. I love his cover work on the book.
    Great Minds Think Alike

Jae Lee's 90s style was fairly unusual for that time, I think -- very graphic and full of shadow and blacks. I remember being completely blown away by it, especially after the Bryne run. He still followed the overly muscled physique of figures, but he drew lots of characters in silhouette also. (Oddly, his Jae is drawing folks almost too thin now!) It was perfect for that Harras story, with Faceless Ones and ancient evils in the depths. Great stuff.

He wasn't big on aquatic backgrounds filled with sea life, though, and probably still wouldn't be.

He wasn't big on aquatic backgrounds filled with sea life, though, and probably still wouldn't be.
    This makes me think Michael Turner (as said earlier) would have been fabulous.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

Great Minds Think Alike

Jae Lee's 90s style was fairly unusual for that time, I think -- very graphic and full of shadow and blacks. I remember being completely blown away by it, especially after the Bryne run. He still followed the overly muscled physique of figures, but he drew lots of characters in silhouette also. (Oddly, his Jae is drawing folks almost too thin now!) It was perfect for that Harras story, with Faceless Ones and ancient evils in the depths. Great stuff.

Yeah, I loved his work on X-Factor back during X-Cutioners Song. I thought that his background work in the Inhumans mini was pretty good, which makes me think he would do a lot better with the aquatic backgrounds nowadays. Like Bianchi though, he would have to be tapped for either a mini, or a short three to five issue story arc in the regular book (with a decent head start).

BANNED

rheged what were your opinions on lady dorma? i thought she was an OK character from namor's past. i'd love to see her back as an adversary. maybe as a zombified sea witch or something.