Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    That settles is, I have to get my hands on a copy of Petrograd. In fact I just emailed my lcs and asked them to put a copy in my box or order it for me if they don't have it in stock. Has anyone here read it?
    Gary, I don't think you will be disappointed. The book design itself is great. The art is spectacular. I've read several stories about Rasputin and this one is well done. It is a quick read but I didn't mind reading it a couple of times and then oogling more at the art.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick r View Post
    Gary, I don't think you will be disappointed. The book design itself is great. The art is spectacular. I've read several stories about Rasputin and this one is well done. It is a quick read but I didn't mind reading it a couple of times and then oogling more at the art.
    Thanks for the input, Patrick! I got my lcs to order it and read it a week or so ago. It's a great book. I plan or re-reading it when I go on vacation next week.

I was at my comic shop today waiting for my bike to be fixed and the owner of the store thanked me for requesting Petrograd, because they got extra copies and it has been selling well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasos View Post
    My only real complain is Kate's design. She has this weirdly shaped balloon head for some reason. It really sets me off even though i've seen so many re-interpretations of her character.
    Right! She looks like Charles Schultz is drawing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasos View Post
    My only real complain is Kate's design. She has this weirdly shaped balloon head for some reason. It really sets me off even though i've seen so many re-interpretations of her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Brody View Post
    Right! She looks like Charles Schultz is drawing her.
    I actually don't mind that. I'm more bothered when artists thin out Kate's face. She's not a thin woman. I still feel like Guy Davis drew the definitive Kate, but I'm enjoying Tyler Crook's. He managed to preserve her body language, which is something I was very happy to see.

Another interview with Tyler Crook http://www.comicbooked.com/tyler-cro...-comic-booked/