Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dynamite Signs Rights To "Voltron" Comics

Apparantly adding to its staple of pop culture properties turned comic books, Dynamite Entertainment has reportedly inked a deal to bring the lion-combining anime icon back to comic books.

Full article here.

Great news!

I'm surprised this took so long for someone to bring to the comics after we saw Battle of The Planets, He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. all return many years ago.

I'm still wondering when/if we'll ever get to see She-Ra make it to the comics pages. I actually watched the first 3 episodes of her show and sure it's corny and dated but the core story/characters are actually really solid creatively to support an on-going.

While watching I found that NetFlix has Voltron available for streaming so guess what I'll be watching this week!!

Nice piece of news. Can't wait to see what DYnamite comes up with for the series.

Member Schmember

Wonder if the new Thundercats cartoon will spawn interest in a return comic book series...

I really liked DDP's VOLTRON at first, but it fell apart about halfway through (the last few issues were quite painful, especially with the art - even moreso during the re-read when I bought that Voltron Omnibus of theirs).

Here's hoping Dynamite does a great job with it.

I'm just as curious to find out the status of other D.E. licensed books like Robocop and Zorro.

And for Zorro, I mean the ongoing by Matt Wagner, is that going to continue where he left off with a cliffhanger.

I am glad a new voltron comic is coming out. Some good news with all the bad stuff going on. I just recently got a new Voltron t-shirt too for Anime convention in June.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Great news!

I'm surprised this took so long for someone to bring to the comics after we saw Battle of The Planets, He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. all return many years ago.
    As mentioned, there was a Voltron book a few years ago.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

I hope a live-action Voltron movie eventually gets made, a la Transformers.

I would be interested in seeing a comic based on the non-Lion Voltron robot/team...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by EMeadow View Post
    I'm just as curious to find out the status of other D.E. licensed books like Robocop and Zorro.
    Dynamite has got a ton of licensed properties that currently are sitting idle or may have only been for a limited time (I recall Highlander, Xena, and Battlestar Galactica being among books that have quietly ended at Dynamite)...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

this'll probably be the same thing. i predict less than a year's worth of issues. Unless DE makes some changes like they changed Kato's sex, made sense.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by doolbnoom View Post
    Unless DE makes some changes like they changed Kato's sex, made sense.
    Any excuse to shoehorn an attractive female onto covers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    I hope a live-action Voltron movie eventually gets made, a la Transformers.
    It's in the works. With the rumblings of THUNDERCATS finally getting out of development hell, I kinda hope VOLTRON is soon to follow.

I would be interested in seeing a comic based on the non-Lion Voltron robot/team...
    Devil's Due did some stuff with those guys in their (cancelled 2 issue before the end) Voltron ongoing series.