Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "American Vampire" Goes to War in June

Vertigo has debuted the covers to "American Vampire" #16 by series creator Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque and the "AV: Survival of the Fittest" #1, the upcoming miniseries by Snyder and artist Sean Murphy.

Full article here.

Hammer Wielding Member thinbalion's Avatar

Anyone else reading this?

I've really been enjoying it. Despite initially discounting it, what with the vampire craze and all.

It's really turned into a solid comicbook though. I reviewed the latest issue (#13) over at my blog.

I'll definitely be picking up the mini, Survival of the Fittest. The art alone, from Sean Murphy has me sold. His work on Joe the Barbarian was awesome. So curious to see what he does here.
    "... but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - [time is] more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

The Comic Age

AV has turned into one of my favorite reads each month. I loved the last issue, even though it was mostly set up. I'm very much looking forward to the current storyline and the mini.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

Hammer Wielding Member thinbalion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red_10 View Post
    AV has turned into one of my favorite reads each month. I loved the last issue, even though it was mostly set up. I'm very much looking forward to the current storyline and the mini.
    That's basically how I felt about the issue as well. It mostly went through it's paces, but I'm sure there will be payoff.
    "... but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - [time is] more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

The Comic Age