View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 98 of 382 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5728

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCage View Post
    Does anyone read the Detective Conan manga? It's finally progressing some story with the possible reveal of who Bourbon is!
    It's my favorite manga.
    I buy every book as soon as it comes out over here.
    ...which leaves me behind the rest of you, apparently, becaause Bourbon's identity has yet to be revealed in the French edition.

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    It's my favorite manga.
    ...which leaves me behind the rest of you, apparently, becaause Bourbon's identity has yet to be revealed in the French edition.
    Spoiler Alert: Everyone is Bourbon, because he lives in our hearts.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    It's my favorite manga.
    It's my favorite manga too! high five!

It hasn't been revealed yet, but it might be revealed in the current manga arc. I'm pretty sure I know who it is because the three that they alluded to him/her being are very obvious...

...that is if you been keeping up with all the theories and notes that fans have been cataloging. I tried to do my own deductions, but its much more fun to talk with others to see what they think and compare ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yuji was manipulated into striking a deal with the Snake of Festival that he could use his body to go about his agenda(supposedly creating a paradise for Tomogara) as long as his loved ones and the world are spared. At least that's how it went in the novels. I haven't watched the third season yet.
    I got the part about being manipulated and making a deal with SotF, I'm just confused as to how he ended up there. Season 3 basically starts with him vanishing, spending some time floating around in a void talking to the Snake, and then when he returns he's the head honcho bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Also, I believe there is a partial retcon to the ending of Season 2. Season 2 altered things because they didn't want to end the season on the cliffhanger of Yuji dissapearing and supposedly becoming the Snake of the Festival. Season 3 turns things back on track with the novels.

I'm interested in seeing the finale for myself, because hearing third person descriptions of the novel
    spoilers:
    revealing that the SOTF's grand plan turns out to be totally cool for all parties
    end of spoilers seems like a really weird twist to me. spoilers:
    I'm assuming there is something lost in translation and something really was at stake, or otherwise it seems to me that the whole war was a complete waste
    end of spoilers
    That would be pretty nonsensical since the Snake of the Festival was the one who got Bal Masque to gather all the tomogara together in the first place. I mean, they were the ones who provoked the Flame Hazes into a war, not the other way around, right?
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-21-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I followed it for a while, but dropped it when I realized that A) the mangaka is more interested in thinking up innovative whodunnit murders then following up on the main plot and B) this manga is endless.

Don't get me wrong, I like whodunnit mysteries well enough, but I also like to know how the story about Shinichi Kudo and his own predicament actually turns out, and the investment required of me to find that out just seemed kinda steep.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I followed it for a while, but dropped it when I realized that A) the mangaka is more interested in thinking up innovative whodunnit murders then following up on the main plot and B) this manga is endless.

Don't get me wrong, I like whodunnit mysteries well enough, but I also like to know how the story about Shinichi Kudo and his own predicament actually turns out, and the investment required of me to find that out just seemed kinda steep.
    It wouldn't be quite as annoying for me if the mangaka would just tell us if Kaito Kid is the guy from the Magic Kaito manga or if this is some alternate universe version of him.

It bugs me a bit.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

I got the part about being manipulated and making a deal with SotF, I'm just confused as to how he ended up there. Season 3 basically starts with him vanishing, spending some time floating around in a void talking to the Snake, and then when he returns he's the head honcho bad guy.
    As I understand, the treasure inside Yuji was a fragment of the SotF, hence why they were linked.

That would be pretty nonsensical since the Snake of the Festival was the one who got Bal Masque to gather all the tomogara together in the first place. I mean, they were the ones who provoked the Flame Hazes into a war, not the other way around, right?
    As I recall: The Crimson Denizens did whatever they wanted, but they distorted the human world just by being there. The Flame Hazes existed to destroy them and eliminate the distortion.

Then Bal Masque was created to oppose the Flame Hazes and accomplish the SotF super-duper plan.

spoilers:
    Sadly, the first part of that plan was "Destroy the world", so people were not inclined to go along with it. I mean, would you trust a guy who went "I shall create a perfect world in which we'll all be happy and end this eternal war...but you guys gotta let me destroy the world first."?

Also, worth noting that the SotF Yuji isn't quite the same thing as the original SotF, SotF Yuji goes out of his way to point out that yes, he's actually Yuji. So it's possible that Yuji's influence is the reason for the "everyone gets a happy ending" part.
    end of spoilers

From the first thirty seconds, I have to say that the movie looks to be on the right track. The characters look spot close to their manga counterparts without looking to cartoony (A plus in my book), and they seem to want to remain true to the manga. Of course, all final judgement will be held until I see the finished product, but for now, I'm looking forward to this one.
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    As I understand, the treasure inside Yuji was a fragment of the SotF, hence why they were linked.
    So why did he just vanish suddenly?
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

So why did he just vanish suddenly?
    Hell if I know.

His existence ran out? He fell into a plot hole? SotF did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Oh...

Oh my god...

I'm...I'm not even mad, I'm just.

...I'm not sure if it's pity or dissapointment, or what.

I am, just...So sorry to hear that.
    Don't worry. That just means Hazard and Dark Soul are weak, right? After all, in this world, the weak are food for the strong. That's all there is too it. ^_^

But that's okay. I'm strong, so I can read their shares of Rurouni Kenshin myself, can't I? ^_^

Well... I'll just be a minute. ^_^
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Don't worry. That just means Hazard and Dark Soul are weak, right? After all, in this world, the weak are food for the strong. That's all there is too it. ^_^

But that's okay. I'm strong, so I can read their shares of Rurouni Kenshin myself, can't I? ^_^

Well... I'll just be a minute. ^_^
    Speaking of which, I am unsure on if I want his fight to be animated or not.

On one hand, that fight his awesome and pretty damn important to the Shishio arc as a whole.

On the other...superspeed is so rarely well done in live-action. And that's most of the fight.

I have the same doubt about the Enishi fight. Because it really risks falling into narm when Enishi busts out the Nerves of Insanity.

Hell if I know.

His existence ran out? He fell into a plot hole? SotF did it?
    I just checked the wiki, and it claims Yuji erased himself voluntarily because... well, apparently he realized he was in love with Shana and wanted to change her fate.

...Yeah, that still doesn't make sense to me. oO
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

I just checked the wiki, and it claims Yuji erased himself voluntarily because... well, apparently he realized he was in love with Shana and wanted to change her fate.

...Yeah, that still doesn't make sense to me. oO
    Could be that he knew that he'd meet the SotF if he did that, somehow.

But I think that, in the novels, he erased himself after his little chat with the SotF. That makes a bit more sense.

It wouldn't be quite as annoying for me if the mangaka would just tell us if Kaito Kid is the guy from the Magic Kaito manga or if this is some alternate universe version of him.

It bugs me a bit.
    Anything is particular suggesting it's not the same guy?
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck