View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

    0 0%
  • closed

    0 0%
Page 3 of 381 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 5706
  1. #31
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    like William Shatner?
    Of course..........no idea what your talking about.

  2. #32
    TikkiEXX TikkiEXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    145

    Default

    prescilla is back big time!

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    P-I-Z-Z-AAAAYYYY
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I root for Riful simply because she's more interesting than the Terminator Twins.
    count me in for Riful as well. she's one of the most interesting characters in the entire manga.

    I'd hate to see her get pwned into oblivion and replaced by Priscilla or some other far less interesting character.

  4. #34
    New Member chimeara27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30

    Default

    i just watch claymore recently i thought i don't loke it but it's quite good.

  5. #35
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,581

    Default

    So I've been checking the Manga out and I'm up to the battle against the Lion King now. Gotta say I'm enjoying this.


    Don't f-k with Claire.
    Last edited by Guy1; 12-23-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Chapter 99 just came out and Priscilla is once again showing off her physical prowess as the Queen of the Claymore universe.

    spoilers:
    After pawning the Twins she effortlessly blitzes Riful form god only knows how far and then effortlessly kills both her and Dauf while still in human form and now she has set her sights on the Luciela/Raphaela monstrosity and looks like she is just about ready to own anyone who is in her path.

    Who is in her path you ask!? Why Claire, Helen, and Deneve of course! ..... Yeah, ladies better get out the way!
    end of spoilers

    Yup....... I'll say it again, Claire has a looooooooooooooooooooong way to go!
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 01-01-2010 at 12:39 PM.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    count me in for Riful as well. she's one of the most interesting characters in the entire manga.

    I'd hate to see her get pwned into oblivion and replaced by Priscilla or some other far less interesting character.
    Heh, well look at it this way, even though getting "pwned into oblivion and replaced by Priscilla" is exactly what happened at least Priscilla is showing some genuine personality now.

    Who knows, now that she is actually holding converstions and showing a little motivation, maybe she will be an even better character! Here's to hope!
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 12-27-2009 at 10:22 PM.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    P-I-Z-Z-AAAAYYYY
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    ^&*^$#@#$%



    getting pwned to #$%! and back was not cool! Riful and Dauf were two of the most interesting characters in the series!

    at least Priscilla is getting a teeny tiny glimpse of a personality. but was it worth contemptuously dusting off the ONLY truly charismatic villian the series ever had? (Ophelia was a good start--but she got killed off too soon. hence the flashbacks, lol! almost all of the other villians, including Isley, felt like mere cannon fodder)

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    P-I-Z-Z-AAAAYYYY
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    ^&*^$#@#$%



    getting pwned to #$%! and back was not cool! Riful and Dauf were two of the most interesting characters in the series!

    at least Priscilla is getting a teeny tiny glimpse of a personality. but was it worth contemptuously dusting off the ONLY truly charismatic villian the series ever had?!?! seriously, Riful and Dauf were the only villians where I really wanted them to come back and see what they could accomplish.

    (Ophelia was a good start--but she got killed off too soon for me to really like her. hence the flashbacks, lol! almost all of the other villians, including Isley, felt like mere cannon fodder)

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    ^&*^$#@#$%

    LOL!!!
    Hahahahaha!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    ^&*^
    getting pwned to #$%! and back was not cool! Riful and Dauf were two of the most interesting characters in the series!

    at least Priscilla is getting a teeny tiny glimpse of a personality. but was it worth contemptuously dusting off the ONLY truly charismatic villian the series ever had?!?! seriously, Riful and Dauf were the only villians where I really wanted them to come back and see what they could accomplish.

    (Ophelia was a good start--but she got killed off too soon for me to really like her. hence the flashbacks, lol! almost all of the other villians, including Isley, felt like mere cannon fodder)
    Pfft. Join the club man, hated what they did to my boy Isley, the most powerful of the original three, he wasn't even taken down by anybody with a name! No explaination of how he got seperated form Priscilla either just plot convenience at least Riful got taken out by the biggest power of her universe.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 12-28-2009 at 06:24 AM.

  11. #41
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I'd hate to see her get pwned into oblivion and replaced by Priscilla or some other far less interesting character.
    Well this seems all the more ironic now.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    P-I-Z-Z-AAAAYYYY
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    LOL!!!
    Hahahahaha!!!


    Pfft. Join the club man, hated what they did to my boy Isley, the most powerful of the original three, he wasn't even taken down by anybody with a name! No explaination of how he got seperated form Priscilla either just plot convenience at least Riful got taken out by the biggest power of her universe.
    exactly. what made it even more bizarre is the author never gave us Isley's motivation for not killing Raki on the spot. why did he have a soft spot for Priscilla? there's no explanation there. I suppose his idea was that he wanted to kill her eventually--but no sooner than he starts to make Isley interesting he gets killed off.

    it's not as bad as having Vader killed off by Ewoks before Luke gets a chance to fight him in Cloud City... but it's still pretty damn bad!

    I realize that Priscilla was probably always going to be the 'big bad'... but there wasn't any real build up or expectation of her finding her old self again. at least not for me. it just sorta popped out there.

    oh well... I guess that's to be expected from a shonen manga--- where video-game based power ups and 'bosses' seem to form the basis of writing rather than good story-telling.

    I've come to this conclusion that video-games must play a major influence in Japanese story-telling... look at DBZ or any of the other fight-based mangas. people aren't limited by their own bodies or mental abilities at all. in real life there is a certain limit which athletes and fighters can attain-- then they have to work within (or around) those limitations. in most shonen manga characters just keep getting better... and better... and better. it's like a video game, really. the most powerful person wins. and once you've defeated somebody more powerful, the assumption seems to be that you can beat anybody and everybody who was beneath them.

  13. #43
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    ^&*^$#@#$%



    getting pwned to #$%! and back was not cool! Riful and Dauf were two of the most interesting characters in the series!

    at least Priscilla is getting a teeny tiny glimpse of a personality. but was it worth contemptuously dusting off the ONLY truly charismatic villian the series ever had?!?! seriously, Riful and Dauf were the only villians where I really wanted them to come back and see what they could accomplish.

    (Ophelia was a good start--but she got killed off too soon for me to really like her. hence the flashbacks, lol! almost all of the other villians, including Isley, felt like mere cannon fodder)
    Riful and Dauf will be missed.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    exactly. what made it even more bizarre is the author never gave us Isley's motivation for not killing Raki on the spot. why did he have a soft spot for Priscilla? there's no explanation there. I suppose his idea was that he wanted to kill her eventually--but no sooner than he starts to make Isley interesting he gets killed off.

    it's not as bad as having Vader killed off by Ewoks before Luke gets a chance to fight him in Cloud City... but it's still pretty damn bad!

    I realize that Priscilla was probably always going to be the 'big bad'... but there wasn't any real build up or expectation of her finding her old self again. at least not for me. it just sorta popped out there.

    oh well... I guess that's to be expected from a shonen manga--- where video-game based power ups and 'bosses' seem to form the basis of writing rather than good story-telling.

    I've come to this conclusion that video-games must play a major influence in Japanese story-telling... look at DBZ or any of the other fight-based mangas. people aren't limited by their own bodies or mental abilities at all. in real life there is a certain limit which athletes and fighters can attain-- then they have to work within (or around) those limitations. in most shonen manga characters just keep getting better... and better... and better. it's like a video game, really. the most powerful person wins. and once you've defeated somebody more powerful, the assumption seems to be that you can beat anybody and everybody who was beneath them.
    I think you have that in reverse. Those story telling conventions were likely around before they became prevalent in videogames considering Manga has been around a good bit longer than video games, as we know them, have.

    Untill I see a body for Riful I'll stay somewhat hopeful she's still around.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

  15. #45
    Elder Member Farealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Farealm
    Posts
    11,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    ^&*^$#@#$%



    getting pwned to #$%! and back was not cool! Riful and Dauf were two of the most interesting characters in the series!

    at least Priscilla is getting a teeny tiny glimpse of a personality. but was it worth contemptuously dusting off the ONLY truly charismatic villian the series ever had? (Ophelia was a good start--but she got killed off too soon. hence the flashbacks, lol! almost all of the other villians, including Isley, felt like mere cannon fodder)
    I was thinking the same thing. I like that Priscilla is powerful and all but not this willy nilly house cleaning they seem to be doing right now. Two best villains in the series sad they got taken out while they were weak. I mean true they wouldn't of won even if they were full power but at least they wouldn't got taken out so pathetically.

    Untill I see a body for Riful I'll stay somewhat hopeful she's still around.
    I was thinking this too, if they were going to really flat out kill her why didn't they show it? They did with both Isley and the twins. I doubt it but there is like a 1% chance they survived.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 12-28-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •