View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

    0 0%
  • closed

    0 0%
Page 215 of 380 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5696
  1. #3211
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Yeeeeeeeah. Shame they felt the need to take away the impact of the original Bardock special and make something as mindbreakingly stupid as BARDOCK DIDNT DIE BUT HE FELL THROUGH A WORMHOLE BACK IN TIME OH AND HE'S THE FIRST SUPER SAIYAN.

    It's even less canon than GT, so don't pay it any mind.

    I'm happy that Buu arc is coming out for Kai, though.

  2. #3212
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    We're only 7 chapters behind in Omamori Himari now. Never thought I'd see the day!

    Sounds like two new characters have been introduced and new arcs are starting, so I'll eagerly await seeing that. This month my local localization gets up to Chapter 55 though, so those may actually overtake scans.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  3. #3213
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,574

    Default

    Toriko 211:

    Well, looks like it's on now!
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  4. #3214
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,574

    Default

    HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE!

    Dorohedoro Volume 17 just came out! Yes! YES!

    YEEEEEEEEEESSS!!
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  5. #3215
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Toriko 211:

    Well, looks like it's on now!
    Grinpatch, Tommyrod, Starjun AND a bunch of new freaks.

    Stuff'll blow up gloriously.

    Beelzebub 180:

    This is the most evil shounen tournament ever and I love it. This arc is totally awesome.

    My favourite lines of the chapter:

    "Who put a hole in the gym floor!?"

    "Or actually, I'm gonna throw up!!!"

    "Huh!? No way... Ah, I know!! Panties!! It' panties, isn't it!! PANTIES!!"

  6. #3216
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Beelzebub 180:

    This is the most evil shounen tournament ever and I love it. This arc is totally awesome.

    My favourite lines of the chapter:

    "Who put a hole in the gym floor!?"

    "Or actually, I'm gonna throw up!!!"

    "Huh!? No way... Ah, I know!! Panties!! It' panties, isn't it!! PANTIES!!"
    The deliberation guy was a high point for me.

    "Seriously who was that guy?!"

    Also; "IT SAYS SQUIRREL!"

    Man, Beelzebub is just magical.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  7. #3217
    I'm just that good Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The deliberation guy was a high point for me.

    "Seriously who was that guy?!"

    Also; "IT SAYS SQUIRREL!"

    Man, Beelzebub is just magical.
    Oh yeah, that was great.

    But I wonder, is "Indirect kiss" such a big deal in Japan? Here in Europe nobody would even though about it.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

  8. #3218
    Veteran Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    I've started checking out OnePunch-Man, drawn by Eyeshield 21's artist. The goofy story of a hero constantly looking for a challenge due to his unfortunately powerful ability to defeat his opponents in one punch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Toriko 211:

    Well, looks like it's on now!
    Yeah, really liking the build up for this arc.

  9. #3219
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Looks like Toriko is going to have a "war arc" of sorts, so, yeah, that's always exciting.

  10. #3220
    Junior Member SSJLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    After I'm finished with Yu Yu Hakusho (which I still have a long way to go), I plan on checking out either Rave Master or Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It'll probably be Rave first, since I've been wanting to check it out for a while. Any recommendations for what I should check out afterwards? The only other manga series I've read are Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note.

  11. #3221
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    After I'm finished with Yu Yu Hakusho (which I still have a long way to go), I plan on checking out either Rave Master or Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It'll probably be Rave first, since I've been wanting to check it out for a while. Any recommendations for what I should check out afterwards? The only other manga series I've read are Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note.
    toriko is good

  12. #3222
    Junior Member SSJLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    toriko is good
    Toriko sounds interesting. I'll probably check out the anime first though, that's what I do with everything. Then when I catch up I start from the beginning of the manga.

  13. #3223
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    After I'm finished with Yu Yu Hakusho (which I still have a long way to go), I plan on checking out either Rave Master or Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It'll probably be Rave first, since I've been wanting to check it out for a while. Any recommendations for what I should check out afterwards? The only other manga series I've read are Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note.
    I'd recommend Rurouni Kenshin, especially if you're interested in something that's still really shonen, but not involving as much in the way of superpowers.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Toriko sounds interesting. I'll probably check out the anime first though, that's what I do with everything. Then when I catch up I start from the beginning of the manga.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kocn1DfHFj0

    That's the intro to the Toriko OVA (which covers the first few chapters of the manga, and they later redid it in the series proper, but the OVA intro is much more badass.) I showed it to a friend of mine and he was instantly hyped on Toriko.

  14. #3224
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Looks like Toriko is going to have a "war arc" of sorts, so, yeah, that's always exciting.
    To me it seems more like a clash between a hero group and a villain group, sort of a comic book superteam fight Toriko style.

    And I just realised that Chiyo is also on the bad guy team. The good guys really need somebody to deal with her.

  15. #3225
    Veteran Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    To me it seems more like a clash between a hero group and a villain group, sort of a comic book superteam fight Toriko style.

    And I just realised that Chiyo is also on the bad guy team. The good guys really need somebody to deal with her.
    I really wanna see Setsuno take on Chiyo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •