View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 208 of 381 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5704

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's still going on?

After the whole safe the multiverse arc and that one other thing I don't remember right now?

How?
    For the same reasons that Bleach is still on-going despite the fact that the Hueco Mundo/Fake Karakura arcs should've wrapped up the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    For the same reasons that Bleach is still on-going despite the fact that the Hueco Mundo/Fake Karakura arcs should've wrapped up the series.
    Yeah, but Bleach had Bankai to be revealed. And all flaws aside Revenge of the Quincy kind of works as a next arc without feeling forced, because it was based on previously established stuff.

Continuing after "And so we saved the multiverse" is kind of... weird.

Yeah, but Bleach had Bankai to be revealed. And all flaws aside Revenge of the Quincy kind of works as a next arc without feeling forced, because it was based on previously established stuff.

Continuing after "And so we saved the multiverse" is kind of... weird.
    To be fair, the concept of the arc isn't totally stupid. It deals with the reason why Reborn and the rest got turned into babies.

But everything else about the arc is borderline retarded. And the latest chapter is really a cheery on the cake.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    They are. spoilers:
    But Asuna never actually logged out and she's the only one trapped in the second one.
    end of spoilers
    I'm not sure I see how that could happen given that the old game completely collapsed, and you don't normally make new games by reprogramming old ones. But okay...

spoilers:
    He's a disgusting womanizing rapist with delusions of greatness who is also a coward and tries to mindrape women to sleep with him.
    end of spoilers
    ...But spoilers:
    you just said Asuna is the only one trapped in the new game. So, what, are these other women there voluntarily?
    end of spoilers

But basically he hates the arbitrary limitations of reality and was trying to create a place that surpassed those where people could reach their dreams regardless of how (un)lucky they were when they were born in the real world. By imprisoning the players in SAO, he "created" a new world and society from a blank slate and they were then free to be whoever they want.

In the novel there's also more emphasis to his congratulations to Kirito and Asuna for being able to override the laws he coded into SAO, which he takes as proof that eventually the Aincrad that he dreamt of will come to be.

To sum it up: He had a vague dream of a totally awesome castle flying in the sky and then went "Screw the real world I will create my own reality where I'll do whatever I want!" when he was a kid and unlike everybody else he never ever let go of it.
    Be that as it may, he could at least have been nice enough to skip the part where people actually died when they were killed.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure I see how that could happen given that the old game completely collapsed, and you don't normally make new games by reprogramming old ones. But okay...

...But spoilers:
    you just said Asuna is the only one trapped in the new game. So, what, are these other women there voluntarily?
    end of spoilers
    Okay so a few spoilers to explain what was already spoiled:

spoilers:
    The thing is, not everyone woke up when the game was over.

As the game collapsed someone stole some stuff (players' consciousness).

Those guys are still trapped.

Asuna is the only main character trapped, but she's not the only one. Though her situation is a bit more dramatic than the others.
    end of spoilers

Be that as it may, he could at least have been nice enough to skip the part where people actually died when they were killed.
    But... people die when they are killed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    1 - That would ruin the entire point for Kayaba, which is that his world overrides the real world.
    Even if it wasn't known in the game, then sure, people would act the same...but it would still lead to the fact that it's a victory of the rules of the real world over his. And it would lessen the authenticity of the "Hero vs Villain" final battle that he had planned.
    2 - When it became known that this is the case in the real world, it might encourage people to mess with the game and find a loophole to get them out.

spoilers:
    As the game collapsed someone stole some stuff (players' consciousness).

Those guys are still trapped.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I still don't get how that moron managed that. He must've been a lot better at hacking that he was at...everything else.
    end of spoilers
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Member

Punched repeteadly, I say.

spoilers:
    Also, I am about 99% sure that he is gonna show up again in the Alicization novels.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, I am about 99% sure that he is gonna show up again in the Alicization novels.
    end of spoilers
    To be honest the more recent novels have been...well, not all that good, at least in my opinion.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    To be honest the more recent novels have been...well, not all that good, at least in my opinion.
    I personally found the immediately post-Aincrad arc to be weakest overall. Mostly because the logic at work seemed pants on head retarded to me, at points.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Medaka Box: So Iihiko is a main character like Medaka but from a time period of human civilisation that had a different idea of heroes which makes him look like, at the very least, an anti-hero in modern times.

Medaka Box makes you think about characters in odd ways.

So...I'm watching the first episode of K, an interestingly named new anime.

I'm about a minute after the opening, and I suspect the white haired guy is evil or hiding a dark secret.

I don't care that the scene is comic relief thus far. The first thing he does on-screen is hum Ode to Joy. That's a dead giveaway.

EDIT:
    spoilers:
    "Hello! I'm Isana Yashiro, the protagonist of the show who's in the middle of getting himself killed.
    By the way, what do you think of someone who points a sword toward a person they've just met?
    I'd say they're kind of rude and lacking in common sense, don't you agree?
    Ow, ow, ow! Hey! Why are you stabbing me?! Cut it out, I'm bleeding!"
    end of spoilers

That sure is an...interesting way to have an end of episode monologue.

Seems like an interesting anime. Guess I'll follow it.

Toriko:

Ultimate Secret Technique!

Pacman Attack...?

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Well, read a lot of The Ravages of Time...If anything, a majority of the characters are pretty awesome.

Xiahou Dun at ground level accurately threw a spear all the way up to a peak of a mountain to kill off the enemy officer leading the troops on the mountain as they're throwing boulders at Dun and his men, Dun getting the accuracy due to his left eye, which can see things miles away.

...He isn't one of Cao Cao's top generals for nothing. O_o
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post

But seriously, I need to see scans of this or else it didn't happen.

It's too fantastic to be believed, you see.
    I'm horribly enough aving some problems with saving pics right now.

So just got read Baby Steps 135. And I lied a little. The guy gets a little embarrassed but that's only because the girl confessed before he did and they're both really cute.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Toriko:

Ultimate Secret Technique!

Pacman Attack...?
    Yep... that would seem to be it.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!