View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 168 of 381 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5704
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by piloting View Post
    Even when the story isn't so girly (ex.Escaflowne) it's the art.It appeals to certain ppl b/c they still see the art as flowery despite the action.
    I disagree. Art style doesn't really cut fine line between the genders in my experience.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Tower of God:

"I'm an awesome ranker. Behold, the techniques that took me years to learn."

Minutes later:

"... you learned them? After only seeing them once? In the middle of a battle with me?"

Viole is a monster, which was kind of implied in part one, but it is nice to see it confirmed.

Also, I really recommend Tower of God to everyone. It's a good series with nice action, interesting characters, and a rather varied power system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Tower of God:

"I'm an awesome ranker. Behold, the techniques that took me years to learn."

Minutes later:

"... you learned them? After only seeing them once? In the middle of a battle with me?"

Viole is a monster, which was kind of implied in part one, but it is nice to see it confirmed.

Also, I really recommend Tower of God to everyone. It's a good series with nice action, interesting characters, and a rather varied power system.
    Lurker is screwed beyond belief, isn't he?
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Lurker is screwed beyond belief, isn't he?
    Oh, he is. Unless the devil arm guy is way stronger than he has shown thus far, Viole outclasses just about everyone there save the Ranker by miles.

Live action adaptation of animation and/or manga have a mainly sketchy track record of success.For example compare the reception of Dragon ball evolution to what the Rurouni Kenshin movie will probably get when it's out in late August .Being made by a Japanese or American studios has it's pros and cons like access to different production budgets,different special fx,different global marketing,different actors and acting methods etc.But co-productions are possible. For example there's the Jade Warrior was a Chinese and Finnish production of a Wuxia style adaptation of the Finnish Kalevala myths.The live-action for Rurouni Kenshin is getting its production paid for by Warner Bros (I think) with Studio Swan making the actual film. Personally I could picture one of Tezuka's first Seinen's "Swallowing the Earth whole" interesting and not hard to adapt.

It's about a woman who after being betrayed by her husband who sold out her dad's chemical formulas to the Nazi's fled to a remote Pacific island (with a relation to the lost civilization of Muu) and made her daughters swear an oath to not marry,work under the codename/disguise Zephyrus (their's mom's name actually) and take out her vengeance on men (actually by extent all humankind regardless of gender) by making crime rampant, wealth worthless and ultimately destroying civilization to make it primitive again.This is to be done by releasing *very realistic synthetic skin disguises,releasing excessive gold from melted Muu artifacts to devalue it's market value** and making sure they have agents to unleash the chaos globally.A humble alcohol loving dockworker Gohonmatsu Seki gets involved in this conspiracy at first when his dad's friend hires him to spy on Zephyrus disguised girls at a hotel.It give off a feeling of a blue collar Lil'Arbner type of guy finding himself in a way more deadly Michael Clayton movie type global conspiracy.

If you follow the graphic novel exactly then it would be an alternate history taking place from the late 60's-late 80's.Also even though I'm sure lots of people would rather have it take place in Japan it could work just as well in a big costal American city like Chicago.You can keep the violence as well and tone down the sexual stuff for a PG-13 rating without comprimising the story to much if you feel like it although a R rating would allow for a more authentic experience***.I could see it ending up hitting notes like in Inception(for the thematic stuff about taking out businesses),Contagion(for the businessmen parts and parts with vignettes with tertiary characters),the book of Eli(for the ending which felt kind different from the rest of the story IMO what with society going sorta post-apocalyptic & Gohonmatsu's son destroying the South Pacific island) and American gangster (for the stuff about distributing the skin disguises,gold,agents involved and the violence)

*Crime would increase with ppl wearing realistic face masks and discriminated ethnic groups like black ppl could go to places where they otherwise wouldn't be allowed.Keep in mind this came out in the 1960's and Tezuka got the inspiration for this part from the civil rights movement.

**It helps to consider this came out in the late 60's before Nixon took the .U.S. off the gold value in the like early 70's I think

***The only important sexual stuff to the story is how the sisters going under the Zephyrus seduce men,slip them LSD in their food or drinks and while the guys are tripping out and think there doing it with Zephyrus there actually doing it with "dirty activity dolls" .A less important sexual part that was there was when a callous army commander will only help this girl's (his half-sister) injured dad/his estranged dad if she does something incestuous with him.That pt. I see was there for shock value and to show you how f------d up this guy is in crossing a moral horizon.The former I guess will have kind of have to be shown b/c how Gohonmatsu finding this out plays a role in how one of the Zephyrus girls eventually truly loves him and how the degenerate army commander gets killed.The thing with the dolls being used AFAIK could only get by in an R-rated movie but whether going PG-13 or R rated the incest stuff can understandly be done offscreen and implied.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Magico 59.

Shion and Luu are freaking awesome as they tear shit up all over the place, along with their opponents. And Emma got a cute momma moment.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Hunter X Hunter (2011 anime):

Last week, the creators took a break.

If what I saw this week is any indication of what a week's break can do, please don't take any more breaks.

I may not be able to lift my jaw off the floor the next time.

Kuroko's Basketball:

Kagami's gone insane / has unlocked some new basketball related power, and most of Shutoku (and the crowd) thinks that Kuroko's been shutdown. The fools.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Akame ga Kill:

After seeing talked about in more than one forum, I decide to give this a read.

I read the whole thing, then looked for the Raws then read those.

TatsumixEsdese FTW!

Next Dimension:

"Behold my totally awesome lion! Atack... wait you tamed it already... I turned my back for two seconds what the hell did you do to my killer lion?!"

Also, because I have to rationalize the stupid out of "OMG, Light speed attacks" somehow...

Shion and Dohko = Rookie Gold Saints. Probably around Deathmask's or Aphrodite's levels.

Sukyo= Stomps Shion. Fights Evenly with Ikki.

Going by past feats a baseline Ikki is at least at mid-level Gold Saint level.

Cain/Abel= Utterly stomps Sukyo. Does the same with Ikki

So the guy is on the level of guy's like Shaka or Saga at least, and we can safely replace LS for way FTL.

Hurrah for rationalizations!

Magico 60:

Raven is kind of really weird isn't he?

Luu apparently goes to the Akane Tendo school of sleeping.

And it looks like we'll finally get the lowdown on what's going on with Anise.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Akame ga Kill:

After seeing talked about in more than one forum, I decide to give this a read.

I read the whole thing, then looked for the Raws then read those.

TatsumixEsdese FTW!
    Poor Tatsumi.

What did he do, that the plot gods deigned to force that fate upon him?
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Magico 60:

Raven is kind of really weird isn't he?

Luu apparently goes to the Akane Tendo school of sleeping.

And it looks like we'll finally get the lowdown on what's going on with Anise.
    I'm kind of amused that the power curve in Magico seems to operate on the basis of; "Sure, why not?" considering Luu and Shion both just punched holes in the very fabric of space and seem very calm about it.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm kind of amused that the power curve in Magico seems to operate on the basis of; "Sure, why not?" considering Luu and Shion both just punched holes in the very fabric of space and seem very calm about it.
    First time this realisation hit me was during the Shion/Faust fight.

Shion: "Whoops. I flew around the world in a few seconds by accident. My bad."

Me: ...

That reminds me, I always meant to pick up Tower of God but never managed to get into it.

I'll do that now.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Hard to argue with that. I've seen some shojo and the art can be dreadful.
    To be fair, I've also seen a few Shojo where I went "Damn, I wish that wasn't a romance story because dammit I love that art."
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That reminds me, I always meant to pick up Tower of God but never managed to get into it.

I'll do that now.
    I had problems getting into it the first time, but when you get through the first 3-4 chapters it get better and better. Very cleaver and imaginative and with one of the best characterizations I've seen, despite the fairly large cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    To be fair, I've also seen a few Shojo where I went "Damn, I wish that wasn't a romance story because dammit I love that art."
    Well maybe I just had bad luck. All I can say is when Shojo has bad art it's REALLY bad. Especially the eyes, Shojo eyes creep me out.

In other news new Id is out and FINALLY the main man show up - which is good because we had more than enough chapter of Percer hacking everybody with swords and them not dying.

Time for a rematch
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."