View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 288 of 381 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5706

I think Shoko will get one.

Because this show is just corny enough to pull off, "Love Love" powered combination attack, G Gundam style.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Aside from a feudal European inspired fantasy setting and being in the shonen demographic does anyone know if there's any similarities btw the "Slayers" franchise and "Fairy tail"?.Can it be said that the "Fairy tail" anime is "Slayers" for the 2010's? `_` .

Majestic Prince:

Okay, I'll admit something. This anime is doing something right.

Because I really feel for this kids. The pace is kind of slow for my tastes, but it has really done its job at showing just how the kids are being affected by being quite literally thrown into a war. Especially here with them being graduated out of the academy.

You really get a "No, this guys should be messing around in high school and dating and all that teenage stuff" which is honestly not something I have felt in other teenage pilot anime.

Hataraku Maou-sama

Beat Lucifer.

Let him stay at your house because the guy is your underling.

Be annoyed because the bastard drives up the bills with his silly internet connection and need for online gaming.

This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by piloting View Post
    Aside from a feudal European inspired fantasy setting and being in the shonen demographic does anyone know if there's any similarities btw the "Slayers" franchise and "Fairy tail"?.Can it be said that the "Fairy tail" anime is "Slayers" for the 2010's? `_` .
    No.

Edit:

Railgun:

Fuck, he tore her leg off.

Good choice of not using the regular happy ending. Would have been serious mood whiplash.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Gargantia wins this season

My logic is undeniable!!
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Cardfight! Vanguard 122

Oh, hey, they even acknowledged that Season 2 Ren was basically a completely different guy.

Poor Asaka. Suiko just won't stop teasing her about her crush.

And poor Kourin. Her defeat is a foregone conclusion.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Gargantia wins this season

My logic is undeniable!!
    Your alluring, underage fanservice, while tantalizing, doesn't dissuade the inevitable reality, Urobuchi. It's only a matter of time before sweet Amy becomes hamburger, or a gibbering vegetable for some contrived reason. YOU DON"T FOOL ME, UROBUCHI! YOU'RE THE DEVIL THAT STEPHEN KING OFFERS WEEKLY SACRIFICES TO WHEN HE RUNS LOW ON IDEAS!O_o

EDIT: Accursed Urobuchi, distorting the name of one of your worshippers in my post to make me look foolish. Your trolling knows no limits, you omniscient fiend. Damn you to the blackest depths! *raises fists to the Sky* UROBUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

...Okay, I'm done. And screw you, Siriel.

Who in the world is Steven King?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Suisei no Gargantia:

Ledo is probably one of the most interesting characters that showed up in anime in years. He comes from a world were life was reduced to bare essentials needed to continue the war. Not only is Ledo himself as much a tool of war as Chamber, the entire alliance seemingly structured itself around the war with Hideazu to the point that nobody even considered what they'll do if they win. To call what separates him from Earthlings a "wall of cultural differences" would understatement. They come from two completely different worlds.

I love how it's portrayed, and this episode does it perfectly. It's not played for laughs, we can see that Ledo is seriously troubled when he has no orders to follow, and is confused by all those weird inefficient ideas that Earthlings have, like the fact that food can be enjoyed and is not only source of nutrition or that once you secured things like food and air, you might want to use your money for something else.

I love he's slowly learning to live on his own terms and trying to find something he wants to do instead of just following orders. I also liked that it's slow process and the second he assumes there's danger present he falls back on his military training.

We finally see just why Chamber needs Ledo anyway. For all his super-AI capabilities it seems he still must rely on human judgement for more complicated things.

The dance scene was... awesome, simply awesome. I don't just mean in fanservice sense either. It was beautifully choreographed and animated. You could be the gayest man in the world and still enjoy every minute of it.

Lots of interesting tibids too like the fact that the Galaxy ways are made of ancient nano-machines. Also the ending. Oh man things are getting interesting as the plot thickens. I'll be waiting for the next episode on the edge of my seat.

10/10 Perfect episode!
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Your alluring, underage fanservice, while tantalizing, doesn't dissuade the inevitable reality, Urobuchi. It's only a matter of time before sweet Amy becomes hamburger, or a gibbering vegetable for some contrived reason. YOU DON"T FOOL ME, UROBUCHI! YOU'RE THE DEVIL THAT STEPHEN KING OFFERS WEEKLY SACRIFICES TO WHEN HE RUNS LOW ON IDEAS!O_o

EDIT: Accursed Urobuchi, distorting the name of one of your worshippers in my post to make me look foolish. Your trolling knows no limits, you omniscient fiend. Damn you to the blackest depths! *raises fists to the Sky* UROBUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

...Okay, I'm done. And screw you, Siriel.
    If Urobuchi stuff happens, you can just replace the real ending with this loop:

As well as the inspiring message of Melty, who assures us that being petite on the T&A doesn't matter when you have DAT Hip Shake.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Your logic has Saya pics missing so it fails.

More seriously though, I can't say I like how much they are hammering in the whole "You military regimen doesn't know how to have fun".

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Well I know what I have to watch now.

Okay so watching Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan anime made me want to catch up on the manga.

By the way awesome animation there. Really recommend watching the anime.

It also reminded me just how hilarious potato girl is:

Anyway, I caught up on the manga and like I thought I really shouldn't have. Not because it is bad. I mean this is great stuff, but it is a monthly. Now I have to wait a month for the next chapters and even more for all the questions that have been raised.

So to order my thoughts on where this is all going I'm going to write it all down . Will try to avoid spoilers in case we have someone here that is an anime only watcher.

Recap:

Background:

Anyway, sometime in the past Titans appeared and humanity was fucked. 100 years before the start of the manga humanity sought to defend itself by living inside giant walls. All of humanity supposedly lives surrounded by walls.

So basically going by some maps we have an area the size of a small country (or maybe a state) completely surrounded by 50 meter tall walls.

There are three concentric Walls. Wall Maria, the outer wall. Wall Rose, the middle one. Wall Sina, the inner wall where supposedly the King and all the filthy rich people live.

This of course begs the question, how the fuck they they even build those walls. A large building would take you a year at best. The Great Wall of China took a long ass time to make yet somehow humanity build a wall while fleeing from the man eating monsters in what must have been a much shorter amount of time. Mystery Number 1.

Now, Titans are at best 20 meters tall and not really that smart. They can't go over the wall. Humans are safe inside, but anywhere outside the wall is Titan land. This is the setting of the story.

Titans:

The enemies of the story. Giants to put it simply. The tallest are 15-20 meters tall, but there are even 2 meter specimens.

They have basically driven humanity to near extinction. The only humans remaining are inside the walls.

They show little intelligence. They do not need to eat apparently. Their bodies seemingly perform none of the usual biological functions you would expect. They don't even have reproductive organs.

They just eat humans. That's literally what they do. They will ignore any other creature except humans.

The main reason for their success against humanity is a near absurd regeneration ability. Even if you blow their head off they will be fine seconds later. The only weak spot in a titan's body is in the nape of his neck and it isn't a matter of just striking it. You need to pull it/cut it/blow it out.

That makes killing a Titan a tall order (I am puntastic I know)

3-D Gear

Humanity's answer to the Titan problem. Quite literally gas powered climbing gear, that allows the user to do Spider-Man type web-slinging stunts.

This is combined with two very sharp, flexible swords allow the user to web sling close to the Titans neck and literally cut out the Titan's nucleus (I'm going to call it that from now on).

Results of this weapon? Not very favorable. I mean, it works. It is a very annoying way to deal with regeneration. Literally climbing to the Titan's neck and putting oneself way too close for comfort, but a guy can kill Titans with this equipment.

Not as often as Titans kill guys wearing this equipment though.

Fact is, humanity has been playing a defensive war (by which I mean hiding inside the walls) for 100 years. 3D gear is good but it still has a tons of problem. Like being almost useless in flat terrain for example.

Yet no one has come up with anything better for some reason. You'd think better cannons and stuff would have at least been tried. I mean sure their tech level seems to be at industrial age level but it is still weird that such a troublesome method is The way of killing Titans.

Humanity:

Of course that may be because of human's attitude as a whole. The military has three branches. The badass guys that go to the inner district and serve the king directly. The guys that take care of the general 'inside the walls' stuff.

And the Scouting Courps. The guys that go outside the walls and try to do stuff.

The ones who actually fight Titans.

Out of every graduating class only the very best can go serve the King, which means the best qualified to fight Titans are the ones who really don't have to.

Meanwhile the scouting corps has a massive death rate every time they go out of the walls and the general public knows this.

Little faith in humanity's victory combined with a sense of 'we are save inside the walls'.

The guys that actually want to go and fight Titans end up looking like idiotic death seekers.

Damn, lots of things interrupted me while I was writing this. Anyway, the rest later.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

Free time! Finally.
    By the way, the anime has one cool op:

Now to continue this, The Story:

Eren like many main characters is one non conformist kid that wants to join the Scouting Corps and kill Titans. People in the town laugh at him.

Until this guy appears.

A freak for a freak I guess you could say.

The Colossal Titan a 60 meters monstrosity who proceeds to make a hole in the entrance of Wall Maria. Together with the Armored Titan they launch the biggest Titan attack in one hundred years. They break the wall, wreck the town and make humanity lose an entire wall.

The humans have to quickly retreat behind Wall Rose. Massive Exodus here.

Surprisingly, the Colossal Titan disappears and isn't seen again. Flash forward a few years. Eren has graduated from the military academy as one of the top ten recruits. More determined than ever to fight Titans.

And the Colossal Titan appears again and wrecks the entrance of Wall Rose.

So a couple of points here. The entrances are acknowledged as the weakest part of the walls. However they leave them under the argument that 'sealing up the wall entirely is the equivalent of giving up on ever taking the outside'.

Point two, the Colossal Titan twice targeted the entrances as the point to break as it is the only place he can break apparently.

Point three, the Colossal Titan wasn't seen for years despite the fact that had it kept going it could have probably just about wrecked humanity.

Instead due to his attack there is an increase of respect for the scouting corps, because plenty of guys just realize that they aren't as safe as they were before. It doesn't make people more willing to throw themselves at Titans though. Plenty of recruits are shown as not wanting to go there.

Point four, even if you sealed up the wall, the Colossal Titan could still probably climb over or just throw smaller Titans over the wall. The thing is smart enough to deliberately target cannons and what not.

Conclusion so far, humanity is still standing because the Colossal Titan hasn't bothered to knock it down just yet.

Now the rest is spoilers for anime guys. Highlight at your own risk:

spoilers:

Titanization:

That's what I'm going to call the process.

This is first seen with Eren, whose father was doing experiments on him apparently. The guy can turn into a Titans.

Seem to require a level of concentration, objective, and wounding of oneself.

One "creates" a Titans body around him. Kind of like making a mecha out of thing air I guess. The human controlling the Titan's body is curiously at the nape of the neck. The Titan's weak spot.

A Titan controlled by a human is much smarter than the regular ones. Once the transformation is dropped the Titan's body evaporates much like what happens when you kill a Titan.

Titan Infiltrators:

As hinted by his level of intelligence, the Colossal Titan is like Eren, a human controlled Titan. As is the Armored Titan. Female Type, Armored, and Colossal infiltrated (?)the wall during the first attack. They easily joined the military academy this way (the chaos messed up the records pretty good I imagine).

Now, this begs the question, where they born inside the wall? Where they from outside the wall? If they come form the outside world, just what is out there? They talk of a Hometown often enough? Place for people like them. Are there humans living outside the wall?

They don't seem to have Titan powers in their flashback, which is curious. Did someone Titanize them at some point later or did they just no know how to use their powers? Are they born naturally like that and Eren is just a freak? How the hell did Eren's dad know how to make someone into a Titan.

As a sidenote, if their goal was to slowly chip away humanity's defenses... then were they aiming for the capital? If Wall Ines had fallen during their Second Attack the main capital would have been a mess with all the people moving in.

So what's in the capital. I mean nobles have it pretty damn good in this world, but more on that later.

Last Infiltrator, Ymir

An odd case. One Titan with a weak level of intelligence is shown speaking her name reverently. She is capable of using her Titan power but her form is not that big or strong. Probably the weakest out of all five Titanized teenagers.

Has implied her name means a lot to her and that she feels some affinity for illegitimate daughter of a noble, Christa. Given the name, yeah... there is something pretty big there. Weird Titan nobility? Not on the same side as the other three and apparently attack them once a long time ago.

Titan Power, Updated

Titans have incredibly light bodies. Despite that, they are seriously strong. Eren lifts a rock as big as his body in Titan's form. Female Type cuts a three in half with a kick and so on.

They have some sort of hardening ability. When taken to its next level they can literally cover themselves in some sort of rock.

Human controlled Titans can also focus their regeneration to give priority to one body part.

It's unknown so far why Colossal type is so damn big.

Additionally, they can climb the walls. Smart Titans are fully capable of climbing the walls, once again proving how little they really matter.

Walls Updated,

There are Titans inside the Walls. Colossal type Titans, who probably used their hardening skill to make the damn walls in the first place!

Humanity is literally surrounded by Titans at all times.

Fuck that's scary.

It does example how they built the walls though. Kind of at least. Did someone force them? If so how? Or did the Titans just fee like doing that?

Religion

The guys that may have the answer to these question. A cult that worships the walls as gods or so the story goes.

In truth they are damn aware of what's inside the walls and don't anyone to mess with them.

Refused to reveal why.

Apparently some nobles know this as well, which implies a rather deep conspiracy going on. So the question becomes, where did the Titans come from on the first place? Who benefits from this situation?

Well, the King looks pretty comfy right now, but things are not quite over yet.

Beast Type Titan

A curious guy. A Titan covered in fur. Kind of ape like. Smart. Capable of speech. Can climb the walls as well. Curiously amused by 3D Gear.

Creepy as hell.

The guy doesn't feel like a human controlled Titan to me. I kind of feel like I'm seeing a Boss type character, or maybe just something more primal than the average Titan.

A damned mystery this one.

Fake Breach in the Wall

The biggest thing so far. Titans appear on the wall. People think their has been a break, only there isn't one.

During evacuation process they go to bald kid's hometown and find no one there. The horses are there. The people aren't.

Except for one Titan whose body doesn't allow it to walk in the first place so it shouldn't even be there.

Who may be bald kid's mother.

It's been all but stated that the entire town got Titanized and that's why there are Titans inside the walls.

So what? Eren's disappeared dad working overtime? Someone out there with more Titanizing formula? Monkey Titan in human form? He does show up at a strangely convenient time.

That said, how do you infect an entire town? Do you go in as a doctor, treating the villagers for diseases? That seems like the easiest way for me.

Even more curious, the Titanized humans (if that's indeed what they are) look no different from regular Titans.

So is that it? All Titans are actually humans turned to Titans. The process works better for some than other, leaving some as mindless beast with their real bodies deformed to the point of being unrecognizable, with only a few able to control their powers.

Then again, Beast Type. My guy tells me he is not like the others.

This is tough.
    end of spoilers

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Nanatsu no Taizai 28:

We find out some of what the Holy Knights are telling people that they're doing and Meliodas dark side is foreshadowed.

Meliodas also gets to be badass once again with a pretty nifty speed feat.

I really like the how the closeness is portrayed between Meliodas and Elizabeth. It just feels grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nanatsu no Taizai 28:

We find out some of what the Holy Knights are telling people that they're doing and Meliodas dark side is foreshadowed.

Meliodas also gets to be badass once again with a pretty nifty speed feat.

I really like the how the closeness is portrayed between Meliodas and Elizabeth. It just feels grand.
    I really like how Suzuki has developed the relationship between Meliodas and Elizabeth. While he's very playful it's pretty clear that he legitimately cares about her, and yes, that Holy Knight takedown this issue was awesome.

I'm very curious to see what this dark side to Meliodas is.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.