View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

    0 0%
  • closed

    0 0%
Page 286 of 380 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5693
  1. #4276
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,058

    Default

    Gargantia:

    Still interesting. Wondering where it will all go at this moment; characters are good enough to carry a sort of "check in on them every week" quality right now; if this is only a half cour show then it's moving a tad slow, but it's fine if it's actually going to be 24 episodes or something. Pretty good fanservice episode too.

    Oreimo Season 2:

    Shit keeps hitting the fan with cliffhanger after cliffhanger. Been entertaining so far, but waiting for some of the bigger stuff to hit the fan as well.

    Railgun Season 2:

    Been taking its sweet time just easing into the sisters arc, but the moe adventures of Misaka and friends is a relaxing good time at least. Maybe I'm just too pumped for Railgun vs. Meltdowner.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  2. #4277
    I'm just that good Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Gargantia:

    I really liked this episode. Ledo trying to be useful and find something to do was really heartwarming, and the fact that he has so many problems with it just goes to show that he never had a life outside military service. I hope this is continued in the next episode and he finds something to do. The art is as always superb. I love the shots showing the Gargantia fleet, it looks kick-ass. Also, girls in swimsuits.

    Beach party yeah! Normally I'd question having a beach episode in a show already set on a boat but who cares. Swimsuits! grin

    The look on Ledo's face when he was learning how to swim. [lol]

    Also that's one way to use a macha.

    Poor Ledo, everyone wants a piece of him. It's all fine and well when the girls striped him, but being chased by bunch of drag queens sound like a very good time.

    So yeah, good episode.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

  3. #4278
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Deadman Wonderland 55:

    Man, what a tragic final battle we have on our hands.

    Shiro never even had split personalities...she's just really complicated and filled with contradictions because of self-loathing. Makes you look at everything that happened before in a new way.
    So... she was purposely self-deluding herself?

  4. #4279
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    God Of High School:

    Okay that was badass.
    Yep, I think that's all one can reasonably say here.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  5. #4280
    Demonic Seraph Jacksane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    So I started reading Soul Eater, and while I'm really enjoying the story and action, I have to say it seems very derivative. Has anyone else noticed how much it has in common with other showsFor example: spoilers:
    Demon clowns and Noah (D. Gray-man, which I think came after Soul Eater), sentient weapons and soul reapers (Bleach), a loud-mouthed assassin (Naruto), personifications of the seven deadly sins (Full Metal Alchemist).
    end of spoilers I'm not complaining, just wondering if this has been discussed.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

  6. #4281
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Okay so caught up on Vanguard:

    I got to say these last two episodes were pretty good. The battle came a bit too soon, but we all knew it was going to happen. We also all knew Aichi and team were going to win. What surprised me is the focus given to the fight. It wasn't on the action (though there were cool card games as well), but on the character development on Izaki, Miwa and Morikawa was really nice.

    Very enjoyable episodes. And it's team Ren next. A bit too fast, but okay. Not complaining.

    Gargantia:

    And the beach episode. Fanservice!

    And Ledo (Red?) gets raped.

    I can't quite laugh at that.

    See, Ledo this is why you subdue the primitives first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Railgun Season 2:

    Been taking its sweet time just easing into the sisters arc, but the moe adventures of Misaka and friends is a relaxing good time at least. Maybe I'm just too pumped for Railgun vs. Meltdowner.
    You're not the only one.

  7. #4282
    unclouded sage blackpariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Blood Mountain
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    So I started reading Soul Eater, and while I'm really enjoying the story and action, I have to say it seems very derivative. Has anyone else noticed how much it has in common with other showsFor example: spoilers:
    Demon clowns and Noah (D. Gray-man, which I think came after Soul Eater), sentient weapons and soul reapers (Bleach), a loud-mouthed assassin (Naruto), personifications of the seven deadly sins (Full Metal Alchemist).
    end of spoilers I'm not complaining, just wondering if this has been discussed.
    From what little I know about the series (haven't read the manga yet, only seen the anime), Black Star is supposed to be a take on Naruto that parodies the concept. ( a braggy ninja who wears bright clothing and can't seem to shut his mouth). I can't speak to that other stuff.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

  8. #4283
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay so caught up on Vanguard:

    I got to say these last two episodes were pretty good. The battle came a bit too soon, but we all knew it was going to happen. We also all knew Aichi and team were going to win. What surprised me is the focus given to the fight. It wasn't on the action (though there were cool card games as well), but on the character development on Izaki, Miwa and Morikawa was really nice.

    Very enjoyable episodes. And it's team Ren next. A bit too fast, but okay. Not complaining.
    I am hoping that this is confirming that there'll be a second plot to the season.

    Kind of like when Season 1 began with just "get to the Nationals" and then progressively shifted to the more personal side of Kai, Aichi and Ren's conflicts.

    One thing that does worry me a bit is that despite Aichi (alledgedly) still being the main character, he's now switched to being something of a static character that the development of the other characters revolve around rather than getting character development himself.
    It's not a bad thing and it nicely shows that he's a much more secure person compared to what he was throughout Season 1, but they need to either:

    A) Find some direction for him to develop toward, hopefully not by negating his "be yourself" conclusion.
    B) Have him step down from the protagonist spot and allow other characters to grow and eventually face him as a final test. (What they seem to be building toward thus far.)
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  9. #4284
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Mushibugyou 5:

    I think that Mugai, whom I find to be absolutely hilarious in his overall design and extreme adherence to the stoic badass archtype, has the least practical weapon I've seen in quite some time. And that's before it's revealed that the handle can be extended via chains.

  10. #4285
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,563

    Default

    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  11. #4286
    I'm just that good Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Does anyone here reads BinboGamiGa! ?
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

  12. #4287
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A Cardboard Box
    Posts
    17,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Does anyone here reads BinboGamiGa! ?
    Yeah, I do. Pretty amusing series.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

  13. #4288
    Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I dare you to guess where i live...
    Posts
    4,979

    Default

    Well, finally reread Worst all the way to the series's active badasses taking on the Manji Empire.

    ...I realize that if it took the entire town's best guys and their factions in a massive unofficial alliance just to actually make the Manji Empire's top seven give a shit about them, then massive props to the guys of Toarushi.

    And some credit to Manji as well, as even the initial Front of Armament/EMOD alliance made just for this purpose may have destroyed one of Manji's combat heavy group (with more men to boot) but it wasn't a curbstomp and at the end, we got:

    The Front of Armament, EMOD, Black Marked Tigers, Suzuran, Housen, Sera and Abo's schools, and Amachi's crew just to tackle on the Manji threat....That's Hell impressive for a war escalation. O_o
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

    It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

    Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

    "I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

  14. #4289
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Sorry, missed this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I am hoping that this is confirming that there'll be a second plot to the season.

    Kind of like when Season 1 began with just "get to the Nationals" and then progressively shifted to the more personal side of Kai, Aichi and Ren's conflicts.

    One thing that does worry me a bit is that despite Aichi (alledgedly) still being the main character, he's now switched to being something of a static character that the development of the other characters revolve around rather than getting character development himself.
    And now you know why second seasons usually reset the main character. But yeah, Aichi has "been there. done that. got the shirt."

    He's quite confident in himself now and it shows. Guy is taking the whole competition in a very mature way but he doesn't have the 'challenger' mentality anymore. Which makes sense. He's not the underdog this time.

    It's not a bad thing and it nicely shows that he's a much more secure person compared to what he was throughout Season 1, but they need to either:

    A) Find some direction for him to develop toward, hopefully not by negating his "be yourself" conclusion.
    B) Have him step down from the protagonist spot and allow other characters to grow and eventually face him as a final test. (What they seem to be building toward thus far.)
    At this point, I can see either happening. Ren had a nice menacing aura, and Naoki looks like he could become the new main character after some development.

  15. #4290
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    38,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Well, finally reread Worst all the way to the series's active badasses taking on the Manji Empire.

    ...I realize that if it took the entire town's best guys and their factions in a massive unofficial alliance just to actually make the Manji Empire's top seven give a shit about them, then massive props to the guys of Toarushi.

    And some credit to Manji as well, as even the initial Front of Armament/EMOD alliance made just for this purpose may have destroyed one of Manji's combat heavy group (with more men to boot) but it wasn't a curbstomp and at the end, we got:

    The Front of Armament, EMOD, Black Marked Tigers, Suzuran, Housen, Sera and Abo's schools, and Amachi's crew just to tackle on the Manji threat....That's Hell impressive for a war escalation. O_o
    its shit like this that make me wish i took part in this war.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •