View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 286 of 380 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5693
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Gargantia:

Still interesting. Wondering where it will all go at this moment; characters are good enough to carry a sort of "check in on them every week" quality right now; if this is only a half cour show then it's moving a tad slow, but it's fine if it's actually going to be 24 episodes or something. Pretty good fanservice episode too.

Oreimo Season 2:

Shit keeps hitting the fan with cliffhanger after cliffhanger. Been entertaining so far, but waiting for some of the bigger stuff to hit the fan as well.

Railgun Season 2:

Been taking its sweet time just easing into the sisters arc, but the moe adventures of Misaka and friends is a relaxing good time at least. Maybe I'm just too pumped for Railgun vs. Meltdowner.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Gargantia:

I really liked this episode. Ledo trying to be useful and find something to do was really heartwarming, and the fact that he has so many problems with it just goes to show that he never had a life outside military service. I hope this is continued in the next episode and he finds something to do. The art is as always superb. I love the shots showing the Gargantia fleet, it looks kick-ass. Also, girls in swimsuits.

Beach party yeah! Normally I'd question having a beach episode in a show already set on a boat but who cares. Swimsuits! grin

The look on Ledo's face when he was learning how to swim. [lol]

Also that's one way to use a macha.

Poor Ledo, everyone wants a piece of him. It's all fine and well when the girls striped him, but being chased by bunch of drag queens sound like a very good time.

So yeah, good episode.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Deadman Wonderland 55:

Man, what a tragic final battle we have on our hands.

Shiro never even had split personalities...she's just really complicated and filled with contradictions because of self-loathing. Makes you look at everything that happened before in a new way.
    So... she was purposely self-deluding herself?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    God Of High School:

Okay that was badass.
    Yep, I think that's all one can reasonably say here.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

So I started reading Soul Eater, and while I'm really enjoying the story and action, I have to say it seems very derivative. Has anyone else noticed how much it has in common with other showsFor example: spoilers:
    Demon clowns and Noah (D. Gray-man, which I think came after Soul Eater), sentient weapons and soul reapers (Bleach), a loud-mouthed assassin (Naruto), personifications of the seven deadly sins (Full Metal Alchemist).
    end of spoilers I'm not complaining, just wondering if this has been discussed.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Okay so caught up on Vanguard:

I got to say these last two episodes were pretty good. The battle came a bit too soon, but we all knew it was going to happen. We also all knew Aichi and team were going to win. What surprised me is the focus given to the fight. It wasn't on the action (though there were cool card games as well), but on the character development on Izaki, Miwa and Morikawa was really nice.

Very enjoyable episodes. And it's team Ren next. A bit too fast, but okay. Not complaining.

Gargantia:

And the beach episode. Fanservice!

And Ledo (Red?) gets raped.

I can't quite laugh at that.

See, Ledo this is why you subdue the primitives first.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Railgun Season 2:

Been taking its sweet time just easing into the sisters arc, but the moe adventures of Misaka and friends is a relaxing good time at least. Maybe I'm just too pumped for Railgun vs. Meltdowner.
    You're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    So I started reading Soul Eater, and while I'm really enjoying the story and action, I have to say it seems very derivative. Has anyone else noticed how much it has in common with other showsFor example: spoilers:
    Demon clowns and Noah (D. Gray-man, which I think came after Soul Eater), sentient weapons and soul reapers (Bleach), a loud-mouthed assassin (Naruto), personifications of the seven deadly sins (Full Metal Alchemist).
    end of spoilers I'm not complaining, just wondering if this has been discussed.
    From what little I know about the series (haven't read the manga yet, only seen the anime), Black Star is supposed to be a take on Naruto that parodies the concept. ( a braggy ninja who wears bright clothing and can't seem to shut his mouth). I can't speak to that other stuff.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay so caught up on Vanguard:

I got to say these last two episodes were pretty good. The battle came a bit too soon, but we all knew it was going to happen. We also all knew Aichi and team were going to win. What surprised me is the focus given to the fight. It wasn't on the action (though there were cool card games as well), but on the character development on Izaki, Miwa and Morikawa was really nice.

Very enjoyable episodes. And it's team Ren next. A bit too fast, but okay. Not complaining.
    I am hoping that this is confirming that there'll be a second plot to the season.

Kind of like when Season 1 began with just "get to the Nationals" and then progressively shifted to the more personal side of Kai, Aichi and Ren's conflicts.

One thing that does worry me a bit is that despite Aichi (alledgedly) still being the main character, he's now switched to being something of a static character that the development of the other characters revolve around rather than getting character development himself.
    It's not a bad thing and it nicely shows that he's a much more secure person compared to what he was throughout Season 1, but they need to either:

A) Find some direction for him to develop toward, hopefully not by negating his "be yourself" conclusion.
    B) Have him step down from the protagonist spot and allow other characters to grow and eventually face him as a final test. (What they seem to be building toward thus far.)
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Mushibugyou 5:

I think that Mugai, whom I find to be absolutely hilarious in his overall design and extreme adherence to the stoic badass archtype, has the least practical weapon I've seen in quite some time. And that's before it's revealed that the handle can be extended via chains.

Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Does anyone here reads BinboGamiGa! ?
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Does anyone here reads BinboGamiGa! ?
    Yeah, I do. Pretty amusing series.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Well, finally reread Worst all the way to the series's active badasses taking on the Manji Empire.

...I realize that if it took the entire town's best guys and their factions in a massive unofficial alliance just to actually make the Manji Empire's top seven give a shit about them, then massive props to the guys of Toarushi.

And some credit to Manji as well, as even the initial Front of Armament/EMOD alliance made just for this purpose may have destroyed one of Manji's combat heavy group (with more men to boot) but it wasn't a curbstomp and at the end, we got:

The Front of Armament, EMOD, Black Marked Tigers, Suzuran, Housen, Sera and Abo's schools, and Amachi's crew just to tackle on the Manji threat....That's Hell impressive for a war escalation. O_o
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Sorry, missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I am hoping that this is confirming that there'll be a second plot to the season.

Kind of like when Season 1 began with just "get to the Nationals" and then progressively shifted to the more personal side of Kai, Aichi and Ren's conflicts.

One thing that does worry me a bit is that despite Aichi (alledgedly) still being the main character, he's now switched to being something of a static character that the development of the other characters revolve around rather than getting character development himself.
    And now you know why second seasons usually reset the main character. But yeah, Aichi has "been there. done that. got the shirt."

He's quite confident in himself now and it shows. Guy is taking the whole competition in a very mature way but he doesn't have the 'challenger' mentality anymore. Which makes sense. He's not the underdog this time.

It's not a bad thing and it nicely shows that he's a much more secure person compared to what he was throughout Season 1, but they need to either:

A) Find some direction for him to develop toward, hopefully not by negating his "be yourself" conclusion.
    B) Have him step down from the protagonist spot and allow other characters to grow and eventually face him as a final test. (What they seem to be building toward thus far.)
    At this point, I can see either happening. Ren had a nice menacing aura, and Naoki looks like he could become the new main character after some development.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Well, finally reread Worst all the way to the series's active badasses taking on the Manji Empire.

...I realize that if it took the entire town's best guys and their factions in a massive unofficial alliance just to actually make the Manji Empire's top seven give a shit about them, then massive props to the guys of Toarushi.

And some credit to Manji as well, as even the initial Front of Armament/EMOD alliance made just for this purpose may have destroyed one of Manji's combat heavy group (with more men to boot) but it wasn't a curbstomp and at the end, we got:

The Front of Armament, EMOD, Black Marked Tigers, Suzuran, Housen, Sera and Abo's schools, and Amachi's crew just to tackle on the Manji threat....That's Hell impressive for a war escalation. O_o
    its shit like this that make me wish i took part in this war.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?