View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 261 of 381 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5704
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Shh! Don't ruin it for him.
    Yeah, you're right. Those tears of happiness might have only gotten one small panel, but they are made of gold.

Aye. The Eternal Loser finally achieves Victory, however small it may be, and it is sweet.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

So...the new Dragonball Z film has a totally bonkers villain I guess...

spoilers:

Not only does Bills, or whatever, wipe the floor with SSJ3 level people, but apparently Goku achieves Super Saiyan God form at the end and...still doesn't beat him. Merely leaves him with not enough energy to blow up Earth anymore. And it turns out that Bills is still in training after that.
    end of spoilers
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So...the new Dragonball Z film has a totally bonkers villain I guess...

spoilers:

Not only does Bills, or whatever, wipe the floor with SSJ3 level people, but apparently Goku achieves Super Saiyan God form at the end and...still doesn't beat him. Merely leaves him with not enough energy to blow up Earth anymore. And it turns out that Bills is still in training after that.
    end of spoilers
    This only makes more excited that Dragon Ball Heroes is coming out on 3DS since it will be Bills' first game debut, as well as Goku's SS God form.

Toriko 226: Holy shit, this fight is great.

And geeze, Tommyrod, those facial expressions...

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Toriko 226: Holy shit, this fight is great.

And geeze, Tommyrod, those facial expressions...
    You can tell that the author is having a bunch of fun drawing Tommyrod.

I'm still not entirely sure what happened in this chapter but it was pretty rad.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Double post?

Must be because of Satan Hair.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-14-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Beelzebub 196: Oga is not impressed by your Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, punk.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Beelzebub 196: Oga is not impressed by your Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, punk.
    Well...That was quite awesome. Also made the arc more interesting as we were baited in the beginning into thinking Nasu may be a major threat compared to everyone else but turns out to be a chump once he made the grand mistake of underestimating Oga...And still continues to do so in some sense.

...Glad Oga gave him the Bouya Harumichi ass kicking treatment.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

I've tried out a few mangas recently, three ongoings and one sadly cancelled, and thought I should share some impressions. Let's go alphabetical order-style here.

Assassination Classroom: I started reading it because the bizzare premise drew me to it and I stayed because it was surprisingly engaging in its writing. Seriously, this series is just blast with with humor and characters. It blends the mundane aspects of the setting with fantastical aspects of the premise in a way that reallys draws you in from the first chapter. I also like how while there is a clear time limit to the misadventures of the class and their oddball teacher the story doesn't stress through events, instead giving them the attention they require. I'm still a bit surprised that I like this thing so much. Who would've thought that a perverted tentacle monster intent on destroying the planet would be so endearing?

Blue Exorcist: This is a fun series. Interesting story, fun characters, a style of fighting that's sort of different from most other shounen action series and lots of fun designs. I especially like how Rin's powers don't just go out of control when he's over-using them, like say Naruto's kyuubi chakra used to do, but rather they're hazardous to everyone around him the moment he pulls out his sword. It makes his whole quest to gain control over them that much more immediate. I also like that Rin is the type of protagonist that actually notices that the girl he hangs out with a lot is really cute, it makes him a bit more relatable and beliveable as a character. Overall, I think that I'm following it more for the characters than the story, which is good but lacks that je ne sais quoi.

Double Arts: Count me among the people who just gets sad when he starts thinking about this series. For the short time it was around it was awesome and so well-done. An interesting and well thought-out world with a unique type of crisis. Absolutely excellent characters with lots of unresolved backstories and it managed to blend the seriousness of the situation with lots of genuinely funny moments. And it was pretty much just getting into high-gear as the main cast was heading out for their big adventure! So what the hell japanese fans! What. The. Hell! The world needs more Fallan and Sui and Kili's parents and Kili and Elraine! Damnit, now I'm sad again.

Gakuen Babysitters: This is the type of series you read for its charming premise, characters and fun one-shot chapters rather than any real development in the story. The toddler characters are all utterly adorable and most of the older guys have their own intriguing quirks. And it provides a nice sense of warmth in how it displays the brotherly relationship between Ryuuichi and Koutaro. If you're looking for some nice laughs with a bit of poigancy I recommend trying this one out.

God of Highschool 99: And the series looks to be gearing up for a finale and a half.

An extremely epic chapter, probably the best thing to come out this week.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai:

Things get real!

Also Rika is adorable.

Anyway, Kodaka knowing but being willfully ignorant is finally confirmed and Rika call him out on it, with unfortunately little success.

Omamori Himari 63:

That's the most suggestive demon slaying I've seen in a while. If this is the end of loli-kyuubi I'm going to miss her. She was fun.

And now they may have to deal with Darth Himari.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Omamori Himari 63:

That's the most suggestive demon slaying I've seen in a while. If this is the end of loli-kyuubi I'm going to miss her. She was fun.

And now they may have to deal with Darth Himari.
    Not the end of loli-kyuubi; no worries there.

Next arc has looked fun so far; can't wait for translations to get in there.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai:

Things get real!

Also Rika is adorable.

Anyway, Kodaka knowing but being willfully ignorant is finally confirmed and Rika call him out on it, with unfortunately little success.

This looks so terrible and vulgar. Awesome.