View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 244 of 380 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5696
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

new toriko out.

toriko vs. starjun. place your bets.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Your point is well seen.

You know, I hope this doesn't take some sudden deconstructionist dark turn, because I'm really enjoying how completely free of angst this anime has been so far. "Let's all be friends and beat up these Evangelion-style giant alien monsters! Booya!"

Speaking of which, can Akane just hand out those keys to anyone she wants?
    No one knows how dark or deconstructionist this will go, but the one plot twist people are very much expecting at this point is that Akane is a walking Manifestation Engine, a result of that flashback we saw of her mother losing her grip and dropping Akane--cleverly disguised as merely an origin for her acrophobia, but I think clearly an origin for far more. She was likely revived or fused or what not with some of the energy of the manifestation engine.

Among other things, this explains why her grandfather chose her to use the world saving power and not someone older (he knew she already had the power, his creations are just designed to tap into what she already has), why she seems to have superhuman agility and super aiming baseball-player newspaper throwing arm even without/before the Vivid system (she *is* superhuman already and always has been since the incident), why the Wyrm Alone attacked the Beach instead of going after the Engine (Akane radiates the same energy), why she creates the keys and for anyone she wants to (she really is the source, and thus the giver) and perhaps even her inexplicable kendo skills (Manifestation power just..uh...manifests Kendo in response to a need to know Kendo).
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Toriko 229:

Toriko's fight is grear so far. Don't have much else to say except for how excited I am to see these fights pan out. Hope next week features some Sani vs Tommyrod.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Toriko 229:

Awwwwww shiiiiiiit!

It is on in a manner beyond the grasp of Donkey Kong!

Seriously though, Starjun is durable motherfucker. He just took all of Toriko's strongest attacks head on and all it did was break his helmet and make him bleed a little. He's still raring to go. Toriko is going to have to get creative as fuck to win this fight.

Also, Mansam remains pretty rad!
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I wonder what kind of ace the bishoukai have up their sleeve because they seem to have fewer heavy hitters than their opponents, Mansam is tearing through the giant robots and I don't think that their monster army is going to be the much of an obstacle for the chefs.

And yes. Starjun can take a monsterous beating like a champ.

Beelzebub 190:

We're introduced to all the six new big bads, Oga gets sent flying (it only pisses him off though) and Aoi is going to have to deal with some old friends that are apparently One Piece fans.

Transformers Animated fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wonder what kind of ace the bishoukai have up their sleeve because they seem to have fewer heavy hitters than their opponents, Mansam is tearing through the giant robots and I don't think that their monster army is going to be the much of an obstacle for the chefs.

And yes. Starjun can take a monsterous beating like a champ.

Beelzebub 190:

We're introduced to all the six new big bads, Oga gets sent flying (it only pisses him off though) and Aoi is going to have to deal with some old friends that are apparently One Piece fans.
    That flying eggplant guy; Nasu has me worried for the protagonists. I still recall Oga's dream of an eggplant hawk carrying off Beel. I wouldn't be surprised if Nasu is actually this egglplant hawk and may be threatening the relationship between Oga and Beel. This is because the guardianship of Beel seems partly dependent on Oga being the strongest individua available; if someone defeats him he may lose Beel to the one who defeated him.

Also, Nasu doesn't seem to show any surprise at Oga's recovery. It may mean that he's well prepared for Oga's counterattack. He seems to be a valid threat. What's more interesting is that Nasu may just be the tip of the iceberg and that there are more powerful fighters that are attempting to take over Ishiyama.

Also, I've come to notice that one of the six upstarts; Akahoshi looks surprisingly like Oga. There is that scar/wound on his face and there are differences in terms of hair style; but the face looks very similar to that of Oga. I wonder if this was intentional by the author.

On a very funny note, it's intriguing that the author has made direct references to 'Naruto'. Not only does Nasu get whiskers from Beel, but he seems to have yellow hair and some kind of spiral or circular symbol on his shirt( chapter 190 page 15), similar to that of Naruto.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 01-31-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

BANNED

Default DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE OF GODS New Animated Movie

Hi Guys for DBZ fans Big News, there is a New Upcoming Dbz Animated Film coming Out (17 F#####g Years Later)

DRAGONBALL Z BATTLE OF GODS

set to premiere in Japanese theaters on March 30, 2013
    the film takes place several years after the end of the Buu sagas, but BEFORE GT
    the villain is Bills the God of Destruction who seems like a take on Anubis.

here is the trailer

Ixion Saga DT:

Bad guy uses silly disguise to infiltrate good guy's ship.

Me: Oh, I get it this is going to be a funny hijinks episode an-HE JUST SHOT THE PROTAGONIST!!

One Punch Man:

I feel inspired.

If I train hard I'll also be able to one shot giant monsters or something like that.

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Hi Guys for DBZ fans Big News, there is a New Upcoming Dbz Animated Film coming Out (17 F#####g Years Later)

DRAGONBALL Z BATTLE OF GODS

set to premiere in Japanese theaters on March 30, 2013
    the film takes place several years after the end of the Buu sagas, but BEFORE GT
    the villain is Bills the God of Destruction who seems like a take on Anubis.

here is the trailer
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Rosario + Vampire II 60:

One awesome fight scene later Tsukune appears to have defeated Gyokou but he may have given his life to do so.

As awesome as this is I am kind of really missing the silly monster harem stuff.

Vividred Operation episode 4:

A wild hikkimori appears and she is utterly adorakable.

This time the key just appears out of nowhere because FRIENDSHIP! ...I now want to see a Vividred: Friendship is Magic story.

Akane and Himawari's docking form has hair that would make SSJ3 Goku jealous.

Figured this would be the perfect place to link this. A controversial, if not well explained critical ripping of Hayao Miyazaki.

http://www.anime3000.com/a3k-network...ther-side.html
    Have beer, will drink!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Rosario + Vampire II 60:

One awesome fight scene later Tsukune appears to have defeated Gyokou but he may have given his life to do so.

As awesome as this is I am kind of really missing the silly monster harem stuff.
    Has Tsukune even lost a fight even with the power of friendship backing him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Figured this would be the perfect place to link this. A controversial, if not well explained critical ripping of Hayao Miyazaki.

http://www.anime3000.com/a3k-network...ther-side.html
    No. No. Sorry, but no.

You can argue that some Miyazaki movies are better or worse than others, but one does not simply say that Hayao Miyazaki movies are bad. That is like saying there is no anime that is good. This is where the very concepts of "good" and "bad" breaks down and become meaningless. I know you can find flaws in anything if you stare at it long enough, and I know internet reviewers aren't actually in the business of liking things. But this is taking it too far. This is where my suspension of disbelief gives up, takes its savings and runs away to Australia to start a new life.

There is no way I can take this seriously.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No. No. Sorry, but no.

You can argue that some Miyazaki movies are better or worse than others, but one does not simply say that Hayao Miyazaki movies are bad. That is like saying there is no anime that is good. This is where the very concepts of "good" and "bad" breaks down and become meaningless. I know you can find flaws in anything if you stare at it long enough, and I know internet reviewers aren't actually in the business of liking things. But this is taking it too far. This is where my suspension of disbelief gives up, takes its savings and runs away to Australia to start a new life.

There is no way I can take this seriously.
    Basically, "We want to be cool and seem like we're in on something nobody else is by criticizing someone popular and acclaimed". Especially when the directly reference him as "untouchable" it really makes it come across as that.

Maybe next weak they'll tell us how the Beatles were hacks.

Yawn.