View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 242 of 380 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5696

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Watched Vividred Operation episode 2. Yeah, this looks pretty fun. And man, the girls got some serious feats right off the bat. oO

Also, the whole "docking" thing was amusing.

Dr Isshiki: In order to unlock your true power, Aoi has to kiss Akane...
    Aoi: Wait, what?
    Akane: Oh hells yeah!
    Dr Isshiki: ...on the forehead.
    Akane: Oh. Well, close enough.

...So much for keeping Akane's sexual orientation ambiguous, I guess. ^^;

Incidentally, I love how nothing about this technology seems to make any sense whatsoever.
    It's written by the same people behind Mai Otome, so I wasn't too surprised(Okay, I didn't think the yuri would start this soon, but I generally know what to expect from this show).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

God of Highschool 92:

Man, the stakes are going up and now the tournament has been reduced to 1v1.

Great stuff.

Mu Bong is a cold bastard.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Watched Vividred Operation episode 2. Yeah, this looks pretty fun. And man, the girls got some serious feats right off the bat. oO
    Indeed. I liked that the military guys were still useful as back-up for the girls. At least until the Alone transformed.
    ...So much for keeping Akane's sexual orientation ambiguous, I guess. ^^;
    She obviously goes to the same school for sexual subtlety as Konoka Konoe.
    Incidentally, I love how nothing about this technology seems to make any sense whatsoever.
    I personally love that the guy who invented the giant engine that basically runs the world is borderline dirt-poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Indeed. I liked that the military guys were still useful as back-up for the girls. At least until the Alone transformed.
    Still, these girls easily keep pace with fighter jets in flight, and Aoi was strong enough to not only hold one of them up but completely halt its advance. Heck, when they both took off, they generated enough thrust to rock the battleship they were standing on. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I personally love that the guy who invented the giant engine that basically runs the world is borderline dirt-poor.
    Well, he was discredited for the whole "Aliens! Aliens coming to kill us all!" thing. It's really too bad he turned into a weasel the same day he was proven right about it.

Anyway, he apparently spent all the money he did have on inventing the Vivid System. I mean, he did have a pretty kickass lab. That must have been expensive.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-24-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Rereading Dragon Eye for...I think the third time.

Huh. I'd forgotten that they basically have the first bad guy recite the cliff notes of Issa's backstory.

...Although some of that exposition doesn't make much sense given some of the later reveals.

spoilers:
    Especially the part where both Issa and the Dracule talk about how the Eye will eventually corrupt him, despite the fact that Issa is blatantly immune to the virus.
    end of spoilers
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Yeah, this is gonna go well.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Well...

Medaka Box 179:

spoilers:
    Medaka joins the ranks of Kenshiro and Kongou Banchou and wills herself defiantly back to life.
    end of spoilers

Looks like we might be approaching the end of the series. Hold onto your hats people.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Beelzebub 189

spoilers:
    Well, poor Kanzaki reminds viewer how he serves as the punching bag of the series, although he tried as always. However, Shiroyama did surprise me with that punch of his, even if it was one panel. Natsume...Is surprising as always, now established to be just close to Tojo in strength, though Tojo probably went past that level.
    end of spoilers
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Rebuild of Evangelion:

I had, for a moment, let myself hope. Really, I did.

Then came 3.0. My hopes were shattered as cruelly as Shinji's mind.

Should have seen it coming,

Also, anyone else thinks the whole thing could have been avoided if people had just used proper communication skills?

"Wait, don't go! Stay with us who have been jerks to you so far, are holding you prisoner, and put a bomb around your neck."

"... I thought I was supposed to be the one with poor social skills?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well...

Medaka Box 179:

spoilers:
    Medaka joins the ranks of Kenshiro and Kongou Banchou and wills herself defiantly back to life.
    end of spoilers

Looks like we might be approaching the end of the series. Hold onto your hats people.
    Is it just me or does death in Medaka Box have something of a revolving door policy?

And I thought that the series was nearing its end at the Anshin'in arc so I'll remain sceptical.

*sighs*...I miss Anshin'in-san.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Beelzebub 189:

It is on in a manner similar to donkey kong.

And Natsume got to show how strong he actually is, which is nice.
    It is nice to Natsume show his stuff for once. I hope that it won't be too long before it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Beelzebub 189

spoilers:
    Well, poor Kanzaki reminds viewer how he serves as the punching bag of the series, although he tried as always. However, Shiroyama did surprise me with that punch of his, even if it was one panel. Natsume...Is surprising as always, now established to be just close to Tojo in strength, though Tojo probably went past that level.
    end of spoilers
    My favourite part about the chapter is that the new bad guy's main speed feat is that he managed to draw poop on Oga's wrist without Oga noticing. Funny.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

toriko

i guess my match ups were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Rebuild of Evangelion:

I had, for a moment, let myself hope. Really, I did.

Then came 3.0. My hopes were shattered as cruelly as Shinji's mind.

Should have seen it coming,

Also, anyone else thinks the whole thing could have been avoided if people had just used proper communication skills?

"Wait, don't go! Stay with us who have been jerks to you so far, are holding you prisoner, and put a bomb around your neck."

"... I thought I was supposed to be the one with poor social skills?"
    Well, there's still a shot to set everything right in RoE: FINAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Spoil me, man. SPOIL ME!
    Okay, you asked for it.

At the end of Rebuilt 2.0, Shinji had made his Eva go Berserk to rescue Rei, which was a damn badass moment for him. Downside was that it was kind of triggering the Third Impact, but that's okay because Kaworu shows up, stops Eva-01 and saves the day, right?

Right?

spoilers:
    Flash-forward, Asuka and Mari are on a space mission to get something back. Angel attacks. Shit happens. Stuff is revealed to be Shinji.

Shinji wakes up surrounded by people studying him and they put a collar around his neck, but hey there's Misato who is apparently in charge of things here. So it's all going to be good right?

Misato ignores him, then flat out tells him he is not going to do anything ever again (especially pilot Eva), and then Ritsuko explains that the thing around his neck will kill him if he makes an Eva go Berserk.

Oh, and 14 years have passed.

Asuka, who has an eyepatch, shows up and is angry at him (she hasn't aged for some Eva-related reason). Shinji asks about Rei but no one has seen her even though he is sure he saved her.

Then there is an attack... by Nerv. Yep, the guys holding Shinji aren't Nerv. They are an organization that wants to destroy Nerv. An Eva, who is piloted by a Rei Clone, shows up and tells Shinji to get on its hand.

Misato tells Shinji to stay as their prisoner.

Naturally between an Eva trying to save him and all the other people who have been jerks to him... yeah, easy choice.

end of spoilers

Want me to go on?

Edit: Also

Last edited by Hazard; 01-25-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay, you asked for it.

At the end of Rebuilt 2.0, Shinji had made his Eva go Berserk to rescue Rei, which was a damn badass moment for him. Downside was that it was kind of triggering the Third Impact, but that's okay because Kaworu shows up, stops Eva-01 and saves the day, right?

Right?

spoilers:
    Flash-forward, Asuka and Mari are on a space mission to get something back. Angel attacks. Shit happens. Stuff is revealed to be Shinji.

Shinji wakes up surrounded by people studying him and they put a collar around his neck, but hey there's Misato who is apparently in charge of things here. So it's all going to be good right?

Misato ignores him, then flat out tells him he is not going to do anything ever again (especially pilot Eva), and then Ritsuko explains that the thing around his neck will kill him if he makes an Eva go Berserk.

Oh, and 14 years have passed.

Asuka, who has an eyepatch, shows up and is angry at him (she hasn't aged for some Eva-related reason). Shinji asks about Rei but no one has seen her even though he is sure he saved her.

Then there is an attack... by Nerv. Yep, the guys holding Shinji aren't Nerv. They are an organization that wants to destroy Nerv. An Eva, who is piloted by a Rei Clone, shows up and tells Shinji to get on its hand.

Misato tells Shinji to stay as their prisoner.

Naturally between an Eva trying to save him and all the other people who have been jerks to him... yeah, easy choice.

end of spoilers

Want me to go on?

Edit: Also

spoilers:
    Wow, that's pretty bad. Especially the idea that Misato of all people would turn on him. Please tell me the situation mends itself somewhat as the movie goes.
    end of spoilers