View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 240 of 381 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5706

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Well, when you get right down to it they should have to second guess every Superman thing.

Comics have feats all over the place. And retcons. And weird continuity.

And diverging, contradicting power explanations.

And Morrison.

DB's weight problems are damn simple in comparison.
    They mentioned the incositences and only took into account the biggest feats in post 86 Canon which made it kind of simple, besides they added a > besides their calculations noting that they would increase the closer it is to the sun.

40 ton feat is a special case though, because every person that has seriously debated DBZ (as seriously as you can debate fictional characters at any rate) knows it is crap.
    Yes but their rule in the Goku preview was ''Anything from any official material that doesn't contradict the original manga''. Declaring the 40 ton rule as crap would contradicts the manga and breaks this rule, and even taking a forum post into account for this would be taking in an unofficial source that contradicts the manga, might as well take Fan fiction into account.

If anybody is interested one of the producers, researchers and commentators of Death Battle made a point of answering some of the comments in another show. It begins at minute 15:39.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwN0O4iNnrM
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Isn't Kuro at 100m/4s going by WoG?
    My mistake, it wasn't slower than humans. We have people who run 100m/10 seconds, so it's more like stating that Kuro is only around twice as fast as a human while blatantly doing things quite faster.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    They mentioned the incositences and only took into account the biggest feats in post 86 Canon which made it kind of simple, besides they added a > besides their calculations noting that they would increase the closer it is to the sun.
    I will choose this moment to point out grabbing only the high ends doesn't really prevent anything. Inconsistent high end showings are a thing.

Hence why I pointed out Morrison.

Yes but their rule in the Goku preview was ''Anything from any official material that doesn't contradict the original manga''. Declaring the 40 ton rule as crap would contradicts the manga and breaks this rule, and even taking a forum post into account for this would be taking in an unofficial source that contradicts the manga, might as well take Fan fiction into account.
    Nah, the manga itself contradicts the 40 tons. At every moment.

Kind of like how a dialogue box saying there are 6 eggs when there is only 5. The dialogue box is obviously wrong in that case.

Or that Flash 'at almost the speed of light' feat that is blatantly faster.

Saying it is wrong is just pointing out the obvious.

Kind of like saying the Earth isn't flat.

If anybody is interested one of the producers, researchers and commentators of Death Battle made a point of answering some of the comments in another show. It begins at minute 15:39.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwN0O4iNnrM
    Not really interested in Death Battles to be honest.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Anyway now that I'm here, after watching both Accel World and Sword Art Online back to back I want to get back into anime and I wondered what were the cool kids watching this days? Any new releases or recomendations that I can catch in Churchyroll?

The last anime I had any real interest in watching before those two was Trigun some 4 years ago, though I read the Death Note Manga and saw a couple of anime movies here and there and rewatched my favorite anime, Cowboy Bebop.
    Er, well, the last animes I watched were Accel World and Sword Art Online, actually.

Try Baccano. Also, To Aru Majutsu no Index.

...It feels like I always recommend the same anime all the time. >_>
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    My mistake, it wasn't slower than humans. We have people who run 100m/10 seconds, so it's more like stating that Kuro is only around twice as fast as a human while blatantly doing things quite faster.
    The actual quote:

D: I have a question. How quickly can Captain Kuro run 100 meters?

O: To tell you the truth, it is extremely hard to measure his speed correctly, but I don't think it would take more than 5 seconds. Think of it as around 4 seconds. Whoa! That's a world record.

So, it's apparent he wasn't even trying to go for a hard-and-fast number.

Akame Ga Kill!

Well, that's surprising. Didn't expect Kurome to get angry that Bors died.

Bors.;_;
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

Caught up on Berserk from the Sea God arc to the current Fantasia arc

1) Mr. Miura, please take a break from Idolmaster. Schierke is cute, but I don't think Isma exists for any other reason than certain fixations.

2) Interesting that Griffith has made his kingdom a heaven by turning the rest of the world into a fairytale hell.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Two new Nanatsu no Taizai chapters are up.

In them we get a glimpse of Meliodas' sad past, Elizabeth gets some courage, we find out that the Sins are weak against illusions and what happens when two Sins duke it out seriously (they destroy the land around them) and we get to see Ban's rape-face.

Honestly, I'm not certain that this isn't just more of Meliodas' trolling.

His thought bubble indicated that he'd realized what was going on, then he sees a conveniently giant sized dude and tries to kill him?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This series continues to rock hardcore.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Akame Ga Kill!

Well, that's surprising. Didn't expect Kurome to get angry that Bors died.

Bors.;_;
    I'm surprised Kurome didn't notice that Chelsea was in disguise.

Ah, maybe it's because she was second-rate compared to Akame.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly, I'm not certain that this isn't just more of Meliodas' trolling.

His thought bubble indicated that he'd realized what was going on, then he sees a conveniently giant sized dude and tries to kill him?
    We'll see but to me it seemed like the illusion didn't just mess with one's senses, it also messed up rational style thinking to prevent smart people from realising what they're dealing with. But we'll see.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

this is technically a fanwork, but since we talked about death battle...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7262793/...es-of-the-Past

Ashes of the past is a pokemon peggy sue fic. ash is sent back to the first day of his journey, because cyrus tried his remake the world plan again after he left sinnoh.
    The chapter i linked to is them attending a movie the characters made: Unlimited Blade works, with the characters played by pokemon. XD

And Before you ask, Mewtwo is gilgamesh

Has anybody here read 07-Ghost? I started reading it last night, and I'm not sure if I was just tired or what, but it was really confusing.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i just marathoned Nanatsu no taizai. sit be awesome