View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 236 of 382 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5730
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The 40 tons stuff is where they started, they multiplied using ''the gravity formula'' by 586 or so and the SSJ multipliers were given by the DBZ Sites based around the original manga and taking it every official source material that didn't contradict the original manga.
    The Base strength was somewhere around 16000 or so and was twice as fast the speed of light.

Same with Superman, he wasn't a composite of all Supermen, he was the Comic book Superman, the All Star and DC One Million stuff was only mentioned as ''Future Superman'' and wasn't used, same way they didn't used the Post GT Goku who was a god.
    They flat out referenced All Star Superman in the strength section.

The 40 tons thing makes no sense because Goku has been moving more than that in his base form since he was like ten years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Toriko 218:

Shit is going down!

I look forward to seeing Starjun fight.
    Giraffebeasts may be the best thing...

And yes, next chapter is going to be rad as hell.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Giraffebeasts may be the best thing...

And yes, next chapter is going to be rad as hell.
    And wtf is going on with Zaus?

Presumably, the old man is still in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    And wtf is going on with Zaus?

Presumably, the old man is still in there.
    One would imagine so...

Follow me on Tumblr!

Beelzebub 188:

Aww yeah! Shit is going to get going on! :D

Follow me on Tumblr!

They flat out referenced All Star Superman in the strength section.
    Just as a refference of his limits or lack of their off (in the same way the referenced GT), As strength they took into account (as Grant Morrison did for ASS) his record so far in the mainstream comics, which is dragging the Earth Around.

The 40 tons thing makes no sense because Goku has been moving more than that in his base form since he was like ten years old.
    Based on what?
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Based on what?
    I would think the manga equivalent to this scene:

"That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    I would think the manga equivalent to this scene:

How can you be so sure that rock weighs more than a ton? Let alone 40?
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Because we know how heavy rocks are?

Look... I'll make this simple and use visual aids.

Here's the rock in the manga, as we can see from my annotations, it's about 4.5 Roshi tall and around 5 Roshi across. Let's assume Roshi is 5'0" because he's short and that makes it easier to calculate.

This means the rock is 22.5 feet high and 25 feet across or 6.85 metres and 7.62 metres respectively. Let's pretend it's cylindrical for ease of calculation and we get the following formula:

Cylinder Volume = Base Area*Height

Area of a Circle = Pi*radius^2

Pi*3.31^2= 34.4 square metres.

34.4*6.85= 235.64 cubic metres.

We'll knock off like... 40% to account for the odd shape of the rock and to lowball the calc, which gives us a final area of: 141.39 cubic metres

so, let's lowball further by pretending that this rock has the same relatively low density of sandstone: 2323 kg/cubic metre

This means the rock would weigh around 328,448 kg. Or, to put that in tons; 362 US tons.

So yeah... basic maths and that's lowballing it a fair bit.

A lot more than 40 tons.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Basic math and the fact Roshi was trying to not train them (which means he most likely wouldn't have found a rock with a lower density than the average rock).

I can't be absolutely certain, as fiction tends to be screwy with how things work, but the average rock of that size weighs at least 37-53 tons- and even the high end figure is an extremely lowball estimate.

Edit: And of course, I get blitzed with an even better lowball estimate. Are you sure you aren't a ninja, Nik?
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

I approve of the use of Roshi as a unit.

"How great is this man?"

"Do you mean physically or in power? He's about 1.8 Roshis tall and 3 Raditzes strong."
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

regarding toriko, i'm predicting the following match ups

Toriko vs. Starjun: Kind of a given
    Sunny vs. Strawguy(Grinpatch?)
    Coco vs. Tommyrod
    Zebra vs...other guy

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Beelzebub 188:

Aww yeah! Shit is going to get going on! :D
    I hope that, if the fights actually do get serious, it isn't a curbstomp either way.

I wouldn't mind some more evenly matched fighting in Beelzebub for once.

Otherwise, hilarious chapter as always.

So I finally sat down and watched Unlimited Blade Works.

...Know this: No matter how kickass it may be otherwise, I cannot condone of any timeline where Illya dies. Gilgamesh is no longer one of my favourite villains. Curse you, Gilgamesh!

Cuuuuuuurse yoooouuuuuuuuuu!

That aside, it was a pretty fun movie. Though, they were definitely rushing through it - basically skipping everything up to the Berserker fight and then jumping scenes in quite a hurry from that point on. You basically have to have either read the visual novel or seen the anime for this movie to make any sense. It's not really accessible to anyone who isn't already familiar with Fate/Stay Night.

Really, I think it would have worked better as a miniseries or something. Even if it was just a repeat of the first few anime episodes, seeing an updated version would have been nice. Plus, that way, they could have given everyone more screentime. Especially Lancer.

Goddamn, Lancer is badass. I'm honestly no longer sure if I prefer F/SN Lancer or F/Z Lancer. They're both awesome.

Some things were definitely odd, too. Why didn't Gilgamesh use his armor? And spoilers:
    how the hell did Archer survive?
    end of spoilers

Oh well, at least it had a lot of sweet swordfights. There are so many swordfights. So many swords.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

The thing that bothered me the most about that adaptation, oddly enough, is that they randomly gave Gilgamesh the ability to flat-out teleport. What, did he not have enough abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    ...Know this: No matter how kickass it may be otherwise, I cannot condone of any timeline where Illya dies. Gilgamesh is no longer one of my favourite villains. Curse you, Gilgamesh!
    Unlimited Blade Works Gilgamesh is kind of odd, because he crosses the line into flat-out villainy and is distinctly less kingly than any of his other portrayals.

I can't really see, for example, Fate/Zero or Fate route's Gilgamesh just punching a hole in a child's chest to rip out their heart. Not because it's particularly evil, but it just really doesn't fit with his more consistent "I could totally kill you all now, but the building is on fire and the ashes might dirty me. So you escape this time." portrayal.

Or his attempt to kill most of the world's population so it can be 'worthy' of him, which makes no goddamn sense because he notes several times that the ugliness of the modern world is entertaining and that no matter what state it's in, it remains his garden that he won't allow to be destroyed. Hell, in Heaven's Feel he gets pissed as the Shadow because it killed a few dozen of 'his' subjects for no reason.

Why didn't Gilgamesh use his armor?
    Amazing plot induced stupidity. I've gone into rants about why Unlimited Blade Works' final fight is the most nonsensical fight in the entire series. Gilgamesh's complete lack of use of his defensive equipments even when he realizes he's losing being the biggest issue.

And spoilers:
    how the hell did Archer survive?
    end of spoilers
    Nonsensical plot magic. Because even if one wants to go "He can totally survive being impaled a lot and went into spirit form", Gilgamesh and Saber should have felt him doing that.

Unlimited Blade Works is really the weakest route in term of writing, which has always made me wonder just why people like it so much. Probably the swords.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Probably because of Archer vs Shirou.