View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 233 of 380 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5691
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Welp. Somebody's dying next chapter.
    I'm thinking that all three sins are gonna kill one dude each. But Meliodas may get to do it first.
    That is very debatable.
    ...probably.

But using your opponent's attacks to give yourself a perfect shave and haircut just stood out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm thinking that all three sins are gonna kill one dude each. But Meliodas may get to do it first.
    I doubt Ban is going to kill his 'opponent'. The guy is an apprentice knight and obviously can't even begin to be a threat to him.

I mean, Meliodas and Diane didn't even bother killing Gilthunder, and that guy was actually pretty dangerous.

Meliodas, on the other hand, appears to have entered berserk mode so I can't see the dude who's trying to steal is sword surviving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    ...probably.

But using your opponent's attacks to give yourself a perfect shave and haircut just stood out to me.
    Sure. I'm just not convinced that it surpasses the "before I die...I wanted to know what happened to the others" thing.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I doubt Ban is going to kill his 'opponent'. The guy is an apprentice knight and obviously can't even begin to be a threat to him.

I mean, Meliodas and Diane didn't even bother killing Gilthunder, and that guy was actually pretty dangerous.

Meliodas, on the other hand, appears to have entered berserk mode so I can't see the dude who's trying to steal is sword surviving.
    Oh sure, the apprentice guy is probably going to get finger-flicked through a wall or something.

But I think that Ban and Diane are going to face a Weird Fang each, just like Meliodas and those guys seem monsterous enough to be killed off without it being evil.
    Sure. I'm just not convinced that it surpasses the "before I die...I wanted to know what happened to the others" thing.
    Let se troll-race BEGIN!

JoJo:

This is anime is awesome.

That has to be the manliest Nazi ever.

I'm so pumped up I feel I could do a Kamehameha if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    JoJo:

This is anime is awesome.

That has to be the manliest Nazi ever.

I'm so pumped up I feel I could do a Kamehameha if I tried.
    Considering he's the inspiration behind Guile's hairstyle, he better be.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Transformers Animated fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Considering he's the inspiration behind Guile's hairstyle, he better be.
    The anime Skullman and it's corresponding manga have attracted my attention.

spoiler.....

spoilers:

The anime serves as a prequel to Cyborg 009, and it's protagonist is so much like Darth Vader in more ways than one.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by flashdisk; 01-08-2013 at 05:24 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

I just read the most recent chapters of Garouden and Tanba reminds everyone the he's a beast.

Lover of fine stories Mahou Otaku's Avatar

Hey all, how's it going?

You know, I call myself an Otaku, and have read tons of manga. But I have to admit, I haven't watched any anime. I've seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and of course caught the odd episode of Pokemon here and there, but otherwise nothing.

Shall I run away in shame now or just bury my head in the sand like an ostrich?

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    The anime Skullman and it's corresponding manga have attracted my attention.
    Skullman was also initially made by Shotaro Ishinomori to be the basis for Kamen Rider, but was told that it was too dark and grim. Pretty much, Skullman is the granddaddy to a lot of shows.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Mahou Otaku View Post
    Hey all, how's it going?

You know, I call myself an Otaku, and have read tons of manga. But I have to admit, I haven't watched any anime. I've seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and of course caught the odd episode of Pokemon here and there, but otherwise nothing.

Shall I run away in shame now or just bury my head in the sand like an ostrich?
    Get him! o_O

...But seriously, I'm sure most of us have preferences one way or the other. I tend to read more manga than I watch anime, but it depends on my mood. I also tend to not watch the same kind of anime as the manga I read.

So what kind of manga do you like? Also, are you actually interested in anime recommendations?
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I think the other thread Mahou Otaku started answers that.

Lover of fine stories Mahou Otaku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Get him! o_O

...But seriously, I'm sure most of us have preferences one way or the other. I tend to read more manga than I watch anime, but it depends on my mood. I also tend to not watch the same kind of anime as the manga I read.

So what kind of manga do you like? Also, are you actually interested in anime recommendations?
    Oh, I'd love recommendations.

I tend to lean toward Shounen/Seinen stories. I suppose my favorite tags include Romance, Harem, Tragedy. I just pretty much love a great story, though. And as Bakasama points out, I have a thread where I point out my favorite stories, please do check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Skullman was also initially made by Shotaro Ishinomori to be the basis for Kamen Rider, but was told that it was too dark and grim. Pretty much, Skullman is the granddaddy to a lot of shows.
    Yes, I am now seeing the similarites between the two.

After reading the original manga, I've got to say that he's depicted far more as a villain than anything else. I remember the Kamen riders(bastardized versions) from Franken Fran, but I think Skullman makes even them look tame.

There are comics about superheroes fighting normal criminals, but the manga presents a scenario where the only one present is a super villain fighting against (mostly) normal people.

I think it's also good that they've revived and reinvented the series.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 01-09-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Magi 168: I sense a possible curbstomping in the offing... Unless Scheherazade gets involved, this wont go well for Laem. I can't wait to see a true 200 year old Magi at work.

Edit- I completely forgot Alibaba is on that boat, not to mention a bunch of Fanalis. That might change this a bit.
    Last edited by blackpariah; 01-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

I've stumbled on a interesting manhwa called 'Mrs Angel'. The concept is of a gangster turned housewife who's now trying to live a normal life. Although her past life keeps running after her.

It's pretty light hearted and fun. In a way she's a female superhero; adding emphasis to the excitement of family life. The art is simple yet good, with the simple and bright colours. This gangster mom has faced problems/scenarios ranging from gangsters that were harassing she and her husband, assisting her kid in school, trying to smoke a cigarette in secret and her brother in law coming to stay with them.