View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 226 of 382 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 5730

Nanatsu No Taisai 7.

I'm starting to suspect that Melodias was the captain because he's a master troll, rather than because of how strong he is...

Also, his durability feat from getting punched a lot by Diane is retroactively much more impressive, given her new strength feat.
    And Gilthunder is also ridiculously durable. He even landed standing and was like "Oh, well.".o_O
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Nanatsu No Taisai 7.

I'm starting to suspect that Melodias was the captain because he's a master troll, rather than because of how strong he is...

Also, his durability feat from getting punched a lot by Diane is retroactively much more impressive, given her new strength feat.
    And Gilthunder is also ridiculously durable. He even landed standing and was like "Oh, well.".o_O
    I do like how casual all these guys are about the crazy shit they're doing. It's like they know they'll tear up the countryside if they put any kind of effort into it so they're just chillaxing even when fighting.

This series is so much fun at only seven chapters. I look forward to the Fox gu and his reasons for not breaking out with terrifying ease.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

for toriko fans

interview with Toriko and Komatsu's english VAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwRn...&feature=g-u-u

What are some good recently finished anime series?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

I just marathoned through most of the episodes of Sword Art Online. (big thanks to the board for the recommendation, by the way.) Kirito is my new favorite anime character.
    "Hmm, I don't have my dual sword skill anymore. This new game system must not allow it."
    *Gets in a fight*
    "This isn't going so well..."
    *borrows his partner's sword*
    "25 hit dual sword combo!"
    This guy just says "screw this sh!t" to the rules of every game he's in!
    I've seen you guys don't see it as good as the light novels, but I'm coming at it fresh, so I'm loving every minute.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

It's not really impossible to dual wield in ALO. It doesn't exist as a unique skill or anything like that but you can still equip two swords.

Problem is that using two swords at once is not easy.

Relevant novel quote:

Two-sword style— This concept was not entirely new. Despite the many people that attempted to use it, Lyfa didn't know of any who had succeeded. It was incredibly difficult to manipulate swords with both hands and to have them work in sync.

During kendo competitions in the real world, it was not against the rules to use two bamboo swords, one large and one smaller. However, it was prohibited in middle or high school competitions, and the number of university students who could use two swords is very small. Anyway, she had never used two swords. It might have its advantages, but it was too difficult to be practical. It was said that the same was true in the virtual world.
    Basically, it is possible but it is way too difficult and not worth the effort... unless you had spent like at least a year dual wielding in life or death battles and had ridiculous speed and reflexes that outdid everyone else's.

MAN I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN ANIME SERIES!

Also as for Drifters I read it when it first came out, but it just couldn't hold my interest. I thought the pacing and storytelling were pretty bad. Was very choppy. I guess it has gotten better? I think I dropped it after the Joan of Arc fight.

Caught up with Sword Art Online.

So far I like the Alfheim part better than the Aincrad part, if only because it's much more focused story-wise. Also, Kirito in Give Me My Wife Back-mode is insanely badass.

Question, though: Where the hell did he get all that mad cash he donated to the Sylph-Caith Sith Alliance? Hadn't he been playing the game for just a couple of days at that point?
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-12-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

It's his money from Sword Art Online.

Along with his skills, he got to keep that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's his money from Sword Art Online.
    Ah, right. Yeah, that explains it.

Man, Sugu must have thought he was some kind of hacker. oO
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by blackpariah View Post
    I just marathoned through most of the episodes of Sword Art Online. (big thanks to the board for the recommendation, by the way.) Kirito is my new favorite anime character.
    "Hmm, I don't have my dual sword skill anymore. This new game system must not allow it."
    *Gets in a fight*
    "This isn't going so well..."
    *borrows his partner's sword*
    "25 hit dual sword combo!"
    This guy just says "screw this sh!t" to the rules of every game he's in!
    I've seen you guys don't see it as good as the light novels, but I'm coming at it fresh, so I'm loving every minute.
    The anime's great, it's just that the SAO arc tended to focus a little too much on the side-stories, which makes LN readers go a bit "WTF" at some points. Plus, it missed out on some good stuff like spoilers:
    Asuna sending NPCs to their deaths and her consequent duel with Kirito over the argument of whether or not they counted as sentient beings. And the raid on the Laughing Coffin hideout where Kirito experiences what it was like to kill a human being for the first time.
    end of spoilers Otherwise, it's a good and faithful adaptation.

You know, I was really expecting something more from Laughing Coffin. A while there they seemed to be built up as major bad guys.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Toriko 215:

Buranchi is kind of awesome and has a loud voice.

And Komatsu's ability to bromance manly men continues.

I'm tentatively calling Buranchi/Zebra as a combo in the future.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I do like how casual all these guys are about the crazy shit they're doing. It's like they know they'll tear up the countryside if they put any kind of effort into it so they're just chillaxing even when fighting.

This series is so much fun at only seven chapters. I look forward to the Fox gu and his reasons for not breaking out with terrifying ease.
    Seconded, this series is a lot of fun.

Gilthunder's "Oh well," was hilarious.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Toriko 215:

Buranchi is kind of awesome and has a loud voice.

And Komatsu's ability to bromance manly men continues.

I'm tentatively calling Buranchi/Zebra as a combo in the future.
    I'm betting that Buranchi's, who is indeed awesome, actual name is supposed to Branch, kind of like how people called Zebra Zebura and Sunny Sani at first.

It's almost certain that Buranchi and Zebra will at least team up once down the line.