View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 222 of 381 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5704
    Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

Finally managed to track down Battle Angel Alita: Last Order 112 and 113.

Kishiro's catching us up with a trip down memory lane through Figure Four's point of view. Starting from his village - which we see for the first time - to following the remnants of the Barjack.

Of course, how this plot thread meets with the current story happens in a way one would probably expect.

spoilers:
    Figure Four fights Sechs, over her murder of an AR-Unit he mistook to be Alita. He is her superior in fighting skill, but ultimately loses due to trying to grapple with a cyborg using a human body

After escaping the fight by diving into the river, he's washed up in a Factory Farm village with the body of AR-4...and is saved by Daisuke Ido.
    end of spoilers

So very fanservice, and a welcome sight for sure. But I want them to get their asses to Mars already. I hope this plot thread goes somewhere substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I was just about to pick that up again. It's depressing that I don't appear to have missed much.
    Actually, I think I need to reread Witch Hunter from the beginning. Between the hiatus and the whole Bairong flashback saga, I don't actually remember who half of these people are. o_O
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Animation & Illustration

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    Finally managed to track down Battle Angel Alita: Last Order 112 and 113.

Kishiro's catching us up with a trip down memory lane through Figure Four's point of view. Starting from his village - which we see for the first time - to following the remnants of the Barjack.

Of course, how this plot thread meets with the current story happens in a way one would probably expect.

spoilers:
    Figure Four fights Sechs, over her murder of an AR-Unit he mistook to be Alita. He is her superior in fighting skill, but ultimately loses due to trying to grapple with a cyborg using a human body

After escaping the fight by diving into the river, he's washed up in a Factory Farm village with the body of AR-4...and is saved by Daisuke Ido.
    end of spoilers

So very fanservice, and a welcome sight for sure. But I want them to get their asses to Mars already. I hope this plot thread goes somewhere substantial.
    Well, Figure might soon gain some insight into the way it feels to be at least partially artificial, much less wholly.

Kishiro seems to be building up to another arc for Alita (which surprised me, as I thought when he decided to go with a tournament plot, of all things, that he must be feeling like it's time to wrap this saga up), so I trust he's got a plan. There's certainly several plot threads to follow, not least of which concerns the contents of the P-Box.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Couple of new chapters of Nanatsu no Tazai came out.

Melodias remains troll.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Caught up with Crows.

...I've nearly forgotten just how much punishment any character with a rep from Suzuran can dish out cause god damn, Gunji beat the crap out of that guy. O_O

And the chapter before that was neat, showing a minor character that was put in a bus to come back...And realize that he's still a badass that doesn't take crap from anyone after off screen badass decay.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Sword Art Online:

The little sister finds out... and that was a very well done dramatic confrontation. Kirito looked properly flabbergasted and Suguha's voice actor did a great job here.

Shame Asuna route is the canon one :(

Jojo's bizarre Adventure:

And so the first arc ends. Cool enough I guess. But the nothing has yet matched the burning house confrontation. That was awesome.

Next ep: Joseph!!!

Witch Hunter.

This looks kind of bad. Those are kind of five characters, any two of which would be a hard fight.
    Oh well, no matter. I'm sure Tasha can handle it.

Also, it is once more proven that WH's security is made of swiss cheese. Seriously, how do they not notice a fight where one of the two fighters is throwing buildings around, happening right next to their current headquarters?!
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Needless 107

Setsuna and Kuchinashi unfortunately get an offscreen "something was wrong with them and they retreated for some reason" and depart from the battle, allowing Mio and Teruyama to join the dogpile against the big bad. Now Mio's betrayal is pretty well known to the villains.

But things aren't looking good. Arclight just went final boss mode on their asses. You know things have gotten really bad when a villain turns to his totally broken companion and says "hey, go ahead and sit this one out."
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

So apparently in the third part of Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA, spoilers:
    Kid!Gilgamesh
    end of spoilers is a permanent party member. And continues to actually fight instead of just spoilers:
    spamming random Noble Phantasms with Gate of Babylon.
    end of spoilers

...I can't wait to actually see this..

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Jojo's bizarre Adventure:

And so the first arc ends. Cool enough I guess. But the nothing has yet matched the burning house confrontation. That was awesome.

Next ep: Joseph!!!
    Man they got through part 1 quick. Now I need to catch back up with this...

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Man they got through part 1 quick. Now I need to catch back up with this...
    Part 1 is relatively short and the anime team isn't even bothering with anything resembling filler.

Given all the material they have, it is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    So apparently in the third part of Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA, spoilers:
    Kid!Gilgamesh
    end of spoilers is a permanent party member. And continues to actually fight instead of just spoilers:
    spamming random Noble Phantasms with Gate of Babylon.
    end of spoilers

...I can't wait to actually see this..
    If not for the fact that this was Kid!Gilgamesh, I would reinstate my opinion of this manga being a Kyubey-born Witch for not only making him competent in wielding NBs, but being a somewhat decent person.

So I have been reading the Campione Light Novels:

In this type of adaptations, there are time the anime version generally ends up as overall less impressive than the novel version. Reasons vary. Though lack of internal monologues is a pretty big one.

This is no the case here. Godou is pretty much like his anime self. Though the novel do go to lengths to acknowledge that is not really a good thing and that he is being a giant hypocrite because deep down he so wants to have god slaying fun, which I suppose is a bonus.

Points taken off for the author deliberately dragging out Godou's character development though.

Also, Camel was horribly animated.

Like seriously.

Damn, Godou looks silly using it in the anime.

Yeah it grants leg strength. It also grants superior fighting ability. Like badass kung fu skills (but not really 'cause it is not a style). I would have never guessed that from watching the anime.

Also, Kung Fu Progidy Guy is hilarious genre savvy:

"Fight you? Hell no. I'm a badass master of mystic kung fu. I am a genius that can defeat masters with decades of experience and training on me. You are a godslayer. I'm not stupid. Go and fight my master who is also a godslayer."

"Nah, I could have totally kicked your girlfriend's ass that one time. I would probably have ended up killing her though and I didn't know how your fight with my master would end up, so I could have ended up being the guy that killed the very angry, not defeated godslayer's girlfriend. No thank you. I can settle for a tie."

Also, Athena is best girl. No contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    If not for the fact that this was Kid!Gilgamesh, I would reinstate my opinion of this manga being a Kyubey-born Witch for not only making him competent in wielding NBs, but being a somewhat decent person.
    Hey, he was always competent in wielding Noble Phantasms. He just, y'know, never bothered.

It's kind of hilarious how he does it though.

Illya: "NINE LIVES!"

Kid!Gilgamesh: "A replica cannot defeat the original. TRUE-NINE LIVES!"

That "True" was completely necessary, no doubt. (Note: The Nine Lives being used against him was Heracles', not an Unlimited Blade Work-style replica.)

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Also, Athena is best girl. No contest.
    Did anyone else even know there was a contest, or did they just stay home for fear of being embarrassed?
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras