View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 218 of 381 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5704

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The art's gotten very different but boy has it gotten pretty.
    Yeah, it's a lot more...wavy, I want to say.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Yeah, it's a lot more...wavy, I want to say.
    She had like... extensive injury to her drawing wrist, right?

It's interesting how her art has altered.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Sword Art Online:

Badass fight scene and epic bluffing skills.

That is all.

Saint Seiya Omega:

I would have liked this episode a lot more if I cared about Ryuho. As it is, him being the first guy to go seventh sense is kind of disappointing. It made for a cool moment though, can't deny that.

And nice to see Kouga keeps on getting steadily stronger. Shame he didn't fight more with Paradox though.

Oh well, at least they haven't killed her off just yet, so Darkness Kouga vs Gemini is a possibility.

She had like... extensive injury to her drawing wrist, right?

It's interesting how her art has altered.
    I can't quite recall. It's possible one of the extended breaks was for that.

It would certainly explain the change.

Denpa Kyoushi :

Never change Kagami.

Seriously though, I recommend Denpa Kyoushi to anyone in the mood for some lighthearted comedy. It's the story of a retired super genius who finds himself as a teacher to a group of students every bit as special as he is.

Of course, he'd much rather stay at home and update his website, but money for new games has to come from somewhere.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Beelzebub 182:

In which Kunieda is adorable and Shizuka is hilarious.

I do wonder who's going to win this tournament. I'm still kind of rooting for Kanzaki to pull through because that'd be funny.

Nanatsu no Taizai 4:

Another speed feat for Melodias and we find another of the Seven Deadly Sins apparently.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Nanatsu no Taizai 4:

Another speed feat for Melodias and we find another of the Seven Deadly Sins apparently.
    I do love Meliodas' nonchalant attitude in general and this chapter is a good example of it.

"Hmm. Duplicates of my comrades with an unknown intent have appeared. Might as well get some free fan-service."

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

I've recently seen Berserk Golden Age I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler.

For what it is, it was more than serviceable, and the details they gloss over do not overly hamper the experience. The 3D renders are not as bad as backdraft might suggest, since the rendering method allows much greater attention to scene creation and choreography - especially for the massive crowd shots and action scenes. The scale of the project is different than the series, in that there's less time to establish characters and the world, but it seeks to do Midland justice in a way younger technology was not able to back in 1995 or thereabouts. Yet in spite of the ground they have to cover, the story isn't rush at all and is afforded moments to breathe. Some of the best scenes are in simple bits of visual storytelling, the world building through atmospheric scenes without exposition.

All in all though, as good as it was, it's not playing at being anything more than an introduction to an overarching series, and that is a bit of a weakness. It doesn't stand very well by itself as a self-contained piece. What's set up is tantalizing and the main trio of Guts, Griffith and Casca are still strong engaging characters. Being just shy of an hour and a half, not every scene from the manga or even the anime series is present in this movie, perhaps because its deliberate pacing. If you're a stickler for 100% faithful adaptations, this isn't one of them.

Oh yes, the nudity and gore quotas are met sufficiently for the parts they cover.

Onepunch Man 16 - 18:

Saitama and Genos go at it in possibly one of the most stunningly beautiful fight scenes I have ever read.

Seriously, even someone like Yukito Kishiro could learn from this stuff. The usage of perspective and the portrayal of time in this series is utterly mindblowing.

More people should be reading this, the art is so pretty and the fight scenes so well done.

Also, it's damn funny.

I predict really good things for this series.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Onepunch Man 16 - 18:

Saitama and Genos go at it in possibly one of the most stunningly beautiful fight scenes I have ever read.

Seriously, even someone like Yukito Kishiro could learn from this stuff. The usage of perspective and the portrayal of time in this series is utterly mindblowing.

More people should be reading this, the art is so pretty and the fight scenes so well done.

Also, it's damn funny.

I predict really good things for this series.
    If it helps, the art is done by Yusuku Murata who some of you might remember as the artist of Eyeshield 21 and let me tell you, he's only gotten better with time.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Pandora Hearts.

Well, nothing happened this month. Seriously. That was almost Bleach-level "nothing actually happens". It's especially notable because a lot usually happens in PH chapters.

...I guess it was at least explained why getting hit by that sword was supposed to be threatening.

And dammit, Oz, it's about time you start doing something again. It's starting to be hard to remember that you're the main character.

Chuu2:

... I am kind of getting bored with this anime already. A romance is only as a strong as the participants in it and Rikka... she doesn't hold my interest. The anime spends way too much time in making her cute, which backfires for me as I find it kind of boring.

I really like Yuuya though. He along with Touka and Shinka are the reason I am probably going to keep watching this.

That and the hope of Dark Flame Master.

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    I've recently seen Berserk Golden Age I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler.

For what it is, it was more than serviceable, and the details they gloss over do not overly hamper the experience. The 3D renders are not as bad as backdraft might suggest, since the rendering method allows much greater attention to scene creation and choreography - especially for the massive crowd shots and action scenes. The scale of the project is different than the series, in that there's less time to establish characters and the world, but it seeks to do Midland justice in a way younger technology was not able to back in 1995 or thereabouts. Yet in spite of the ground they have to cover, the story isn't rush at all and is afforded moments to breathe. Some of the best scenes are in simple bits of visual storytelling, the world building through atmospheric scenes without exposition.

All in all though, as good as it was, it's not playing at being anything more than an introduction to an overarching series, and that is a bit of a weakness. It doesn't stand very well by itself as a self-contained piece. What's set up is tantalizing and the main trio of Guts, Griffith and Casca are still strong engaging characters. Being just shy of an hour and a half, not every scene from the manga or even the anime series is present in this movie, perhaps because its deliberate pacing. If you're a stickler for 100% faithful adaptations, this isn't one of them.

Oh yes, the nudity and gore quotas are met sufficiently for the parts they cover.
    I need to find time to watch this.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Went back to rereading the Xia Pi campaign of Ravages of Time...And it left me with a rather depressed mood as the aftermath was kind of heartbreaking even though those who read Romance of the Three Kingdoms or played Dynasty Warriors can figure out the outcome...Because it's Lu Bu for god sakes. In short, it's one Hell of a downward spiral for Lu Bu and his crew.

...I'm just gonna put this Lu Bu randomness from another series just for the Hell of it now to feel better.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo